“better than I expected”
Review of Vintage Hostel

Vintage Hostel
Ranked #13 of 190 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Reviewed March 15, 2010

First impression was not great as I arrived there and the receptionist was a bit rude to me because I just had a 100 euro bill. It was about midnight and the guy simply told me I had to get some change because he could not change my 100 bill. If it had not been so late, I would have definitely left and found another hostel because the guy was extremely rude. Having no other choice, I stayed. But it was worth it. I spent only one night but the room (4 beds female dorm) was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was clean too. The breakfast was surprisingly good, better than any hostel breakfast I have ever had. Besides, there was free wireless connection in the breakfast room, which was very handy. Would definitely recommend to anyone seeking clean and cheap accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank TaisFelipe

Reviewed February 15, 2010

The staff was very helpful, and gave us good advice on day and night time activities. Common room was comfortable and clean, very good room to read or relax. – A great breakfast which was included every morning until 9:30am; yummy fresh Parisian croissants. Comfortable and clean beds, a bit noisy when people were coming in late from a night out, but we didn't mind too much as we were also just coming in from a night out! The location is really stellar! It is next to Gare du Nord and a five minute walk to Sacre Coeur which is excellent for shopping. It is close to bus lines for Opera Plaza, Galleries Lafayette , and the famous flea Market. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay at the Vintage Hostel again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2010

I stayed in the 4 bedroom dorm and was so impressed with the clean bathroom, comfy beds and really clean sheets.
the room was on the fifth floor with a private balcony facing the parisian roof like in ratatouille .
i met 2 others girls and we decided to visit Paris together .The staff were super friendly and informed where was the best place to be in Paris . the location is fantastic. Not too big either, so there is a nice intimacy and I slept well, not on a noisy street.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2010

I chose this hostel because I had to be next to the train station , so I didn't expect much. The hostel is recently renovated, which is good, although the building is too old and has some visible flows., f.i. you have to walk to reach the tiny elevator and then reach your room after getting off the elevator. The rooms smell weird and the blankets were dirty, although the linen were very clean. Generally, the hostel was very clean, warm and the staff english-speaking and friendly. They seem to take care of the hostel and the customers as much as they can. Breakfast is also included!Just a tip: take soap and shampoo with you, because there is no.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Villy_gr
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We've been there for 2 nights and love it. We stayed on a cozy and clean room on the top floor and it was amazing. The Hostel as a great location, near public transports (like Gare du Nord), Sacre Coeur and so on. The staff is very friendly and they give us directions better than one of the ladies working on "tourism information" on Gare du Nord.
If we ever go back to Paris, we have no problems staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TichaPT
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Great breakfast every morning and helpful staff. Clean rooms and free wifi which was great. Key didn't work a few times and surrounding area slightly dodgy at night but other than that it was great and close to metro and train stations

Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank tiavas
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I stayed two nights at the Vintage Hostel. The staff was very friendly (unusual for Paris hostels), which was great. The lobby is large, always with people to hang around. Breakfast buffet was also very good, considering the standarts of others Paris hostels. I had a private room with bathroom. Of course it was small, as everything is small in Paris, but it was ok and good for the price. The only negative thing I would say is that the cleanliness was not 100% and they have a bad check in time (16h00), but apart of that, great hotel and recommend everyone to stay there. They have better rates over their site.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo