“Nasty like a big piece of CRAP”
Review of Vintage Hostel

Vintage Hostel
Ranked #13 of 185 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hostel is the worst place I have ever been too. It had moisture everywere and it smell like a party mix of orange and mildew!! Don't go there! you are treated like trash and the price is high! The room are dirty

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank francois_bp
Vintage_Manager, Responsable relations clients at Vintage Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Guest
we take into account your request and are sorry that you didn't enjoy more your stay. To make you feel at ease, we would like to let you know about our new services and rooms : we have refurbished dorms , rooms and bathrooms, now well equipped with big shower cubicle, lockers in the room... Let us know if you come back, we will be happy to welcome you another time for a better stay with us !
We stay at your disposal for further information
Reception team

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The receptionist was very rude and yelled at me when I asked to change my room, since they put me separated from my other friends. Customer service was deplorable.

Good breakfast and reasonable bed.

Rooms with infiltration.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Natalia_VL
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here for a week in July 2013 with my cousin and booked a private twin room. The room was clean although small and the bathroom was small but was clean and had everything we needed. The facilities such as the A.C (which was a god send in the 35 degree heat) worked great as well as the flat screen t.v and the private safe. The room came with it's own balcony from which you had great views of the district of Montmare.

The lift was small but worked fine and the continental breakfast was tasty and filling. Although after a few days, I got bored with the same things on offer. The hostel is literally around the courner from the Gard Du Nord and about 3 mins from the nearest metro station. The surrounding district also has it's own character and it's well worth having a look around the Sacre Cour and area as well as checking out central Paris (about 10 min metro ride away). I also found the district by the hostel to be the cheapest place to get gifts and momento's.

Also the hostel staff were very helpful and gave me some good advice regarding where to eat, how to get to places etc.

Room Tip: Try to get a private if you can afford it as you have a bit more space as well as your own safe.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Vintage_Manager, Responsable commercial at Vintage Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Guest
we thanks you for your review and will take into account to improve. We hope you will have opportunity to benefit from our new rooms and services : we have refurbished dorms, rooms and bathrooms, now well equipped with big shower cubicle, lockers in the room...
New vents are also coming, for the end of the year, so do not hesitate to come back !
We stay at your disposal for further information
Reception team

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had a very small room that was crammed with two bunk beds. The room was so tiny that when it was full, there was not much room for all guests to put their suitcases. The wi-fi didn't work in the dorms and only worked in the foyer.
The lift was also broken for the whole time I stayed which was is a nuisance if you have a suitcase and are situated on the 4th level or higher.
You get what you paid for though as the location is good, very close to two metros and close to some nice cafes.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I changed my stay twice and the hotel was very cooperative with booking.com to make these changes. They charged an 8 euro charge for the second change. I stayed in a room with two bunk beds.

Liked: It's location, accessibility to train stations. proximity to few restaurants and a tourist spots. The staff is friendly and helpful.
Didn't like: The internet connectivity is limited to the lounge and spotty during breakfast and high foot traffic. Honestly, after traveling for 12 days in hotels it was not the most comfortable best first hostel experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed in this hostel back in 2010. My friends and I decided to go to Paris in March and I chose this place for me and my boyfriend because of the price & location. My friends stayed at a different hostel because all the rooms were gone by the time they decided to book a room here. In all honesty, for the price I paid I really wasn't expecting much. So when my boyfriend and I checked in, we were pleasantly surprised. The staff were absolutely wonderful. I forgot most of the French I learned back in secondary school so I'm so grateful that the guys manning the reception spoke to us in perfect English and they were more than helpful. They gave us tips on where to go and they even arranged discounted tickets to Disneyland so when we got to Disneyland we didn't even have to queue forever. They have free breakfast and you can use the computers with internet down at the lobby if you didn't bring your laptop like I did. We got a private double room with an ensuite bathroom and our room just happened to be at the top floor so we had a nice view of the street! The room was pretty basic and I had no complaints. My friends were quite jealous because I got a better hostel than they did so that says a lot! Also, the metro is literally 5 minutes walk away. 3 minutes if you're a fast walker! :p

There's a nice Portuguese restaurant approximately 20/30 steps to your right (If you're exiting the hostel, it's to the right. If you're about to enter the hostel, it's to the left!)
I know it's Paris so people are interested in French food. But there's a good reason why I'm recommending a Portuguese restaurant called Churrasquiera Galo. The food!
The food was beautiful and the price was unbelievably friendly to our wallets.
I brought my friends here for dinner. For half roast chicken/steak, fries and a glass of wine it was only €9! Now, that was a good deal!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel in a triple and double room before. The double was fantastic a part of the budget hotel side and the triple was a basic room - great for travellers. Bathrooms were clean, spacious and fully working. No paint chips or mouldy wallpaper, and the views were always fantastic. The noise was bearable with not many noisy guests and reception/common area was always buzzing with atmosphere and reception staff were friendly and helpful. You dont have to leave your key at reception and there is no curfew. 5 min walk away from Anvers metro stop and breakfast is ample - does get quite busy though at peak times. There is a nice mixture of different travellers - solo, friends, families and lots of different types of people.

The hostel is also (helpfully) a walk away from Gare du nord, so there was no dragging my luggage onto the metro and hostel has a secure luggage room so you can leave it there to make sure you have all your souvenirs! Price is excellent and I would definitely recommend the place to anyone staying for their first time in Paris.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends