Hotel Caravelle
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspigalle stationbig supermarketbeds were comfortableshort staylouvre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed here for a few days in October 2010. The hotel is in a good location, close to Pigalle metro station and within walking distance to Montmartre. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby and the Gare du Nord was quite close if arriving by Eurostar.

The hotel is small and a little run-down. The room was quite small, although the bed was big and fairly comfortable. Our room overlooked a courtyard at the back, which wasn't particularly scenic, but it was mostly quiet at night. The bathroom was strange as, although it had a bath (with hand-held shower) and bidet, the toilet was on the other side of the room in a small cupboard. It had no window or extractor fan and the whole layout was awkward.

We used Booking.com for this holiday, and the descriptions on the website are somewhat wide of the mark. Our room looked nothing like the photos and there is no bar. We ate breakfast out every day so can't comment on that.

In all. the Caravelle is quite good value, and in a central location, but the photos must have been taken some years ago, and the amenities aren't as advertised.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandi09
Reviewed May 7, 2010

We where there in Xmas time. Room was warm and clean, as well as bathroom. Staff is very friendly and they give us credit on first day, so we could took bottles of wine to our room and pay later. It was nice. It was very good place, with perfect location. Room was on top floor, where you can go with little tiny elevator. I really can recommend this place for short stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2009

Stayed there for 2 nights. Location is very good and there is a lot of restaurant around this hotel ...but I dont know where are the 3 stars for that hotel ? When you enter the room, every part of furniture and device seems coming from second-hand market. Nothing is matching together... I paid 79€ per night ...and for that location, maybe I should have asked myself why. Not cosy, surely no business hotel. You hear everything from the corridor or other rooms. Hairs in my bed. Very warm in the room....through quite friendly staff at the reception.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Anne-Christine
Reviewed September 26, 2009

i travel quite a bit and i stay anywhere from five star hotels to hostels. this was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. besides the fact that the hotel is in sore need of restoration, the carpeted floors seemed to be never cleaned. speaking of floors, half of the floor was covered in a plastic sheet on the fourth floor. my room was neon yellow with a neon red comforter, no top sheet and one strange body pillow that was wrapped up in the makeshift fitted sheet. i literally developed a cold or allergy of some kind while i was there because of the room. whenever i left the hotel, my throat was fine, but during the night it closed up like my body was trying to tell me that large mammals were not supposed to belong in those living conditions. ants were in my bathroom. the toilet was constantly running. the internet that i had to pay extra for worked only one day and when it stopped working, the SUPER CREEPY desk guy insisted on coming up to my room where he surveyed my stuff, told me i was beautiful, and then asked me out when he "gets off work". se smelled sour. after i declined, he constantly made SUPER CREEPY remarks every other time he saw me. I felt like the entire hotel lived some sort of haunted past as a heroin brothel and was possessing the staff with it's seedy underbelly ghosts. i wold never ever stay there again. it felt dirty.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank magnisiummouth
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I've been to Paris for 7 days and stayed at this hotel. EXCELLENT LOCATION, BEST VALUE FOR MONEY.
The staff are very friendly and infornative. As in Paris the Rooms were very small but also very clean. Thank you Maghad and Mohamad for your help and hospitality ! See you again next year. Offer Edelstein, ISRAEL.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business