See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I booked this hotel through Booking.com based on Internet and smoking room availability When I checked in, they told me the hotel did not have smoking rooms. Once in the room, I tried to log in the Internet but it wasn't working. After multiple tries and them resetting their router, I had very spotty connectivity. I went down and cancelled the rest of my stay. The very rude manager insisted on billing my card for one additional night (charging me 2 nights for the single night I spent there).
The lobby of the hotel looks very nice but the rooms don't look as good. No closet to hang your clothes, really tiny bathroom.
I have been going to Paris every year for over 15 years and this is the worst hotel experience I ever had in this city!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Eric V
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Havrotel is a horrible hotel I`ve ever see! First of all,,Location is not that goos as most think,,its near opera,,,yes,,but,,first thing what is near is a big train station,,Gare Sen-Lazar,,noisy street that impossible to sleep even with the closed windows... Many homless ppl arround that can suddenly scream,,yell,,or even pee on the building walls outside... terrible smell of ununderstandable food that will touch ur nose every time u will go outside. Rooms are not fresh,,and cleaning may be once in a week,,, bedding never changed while we were stay there (7 days),only towels,,
Breakfast is poooreeeest! and a buffet has a kitchen in it and visitors are see how the staff is cleaning plates,cups,,, only one person working durng the breakfast time,,and its always mess there,durty tables,not ready cups and so on,,,
Reception is nice but coz hotel is bad and price is high,,all seems terible...
Receptionist is also works as a barmen,,coffemaker,,and I dont know what else that we cant even imagine.
Elevator is an old one,,and sometimes its stay during the stages,,so be carefull,,and if its happen just jump inside,,and it ll move...
I dont recomend anybd to stay there...it`s a Paris,,and if ure in paris so u deserve more!!!u deserve better stay...!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristy_Kitty
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I found this hotel to be overpriced for the service/rooms they provide.
Location was OK – close to the Metro, Gare St Lazare and Roissy bus (very convenient to get to the CDG airport).
Staff was polite and helpful.
We had a room that was facing the court and building across, it was small but clean and quiet.
The absents of the pillow cases puzzled me – I’ve never seen this in other hotels.
Also there was no convenient way to take a shower: there is no hook to hold the shower head and no shower curtains (so you basically have to hold shower with one of your hands).

As for breakfast – when we booked the hotel thru travel agency they already included the breakfast and charged us for it. However I’ve overheard some couple who was checking out and obviously they were unaware that breakfast is extra. Is it some strange way to make extra money to mention that breakfast is not included only on the check out?

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BOPOHA
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is the location other than that it was horrible. The room smelled, no air conditioning and too loud outside to sleep with the windows open. We couldn't even sleep with the windows closed it was so loud! We faced the main road so that light from the streets were very bright also hindering our rest. No pillow cases on the bed, had to ask and really didn't understand why we would want them. (They put the pillows under the bed sheet) Blankets were gross. The smell was so bad that when I unpacked our bags everything still smelled like that room. The bath room was TINY, no shower curtain, and no where to hang the shower head. The rooms had about the same amount of luxury as a youth hostel! I would only recommend this hotel if you do not care about smell, size, lights, or noise.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LOJ_11
Reviewed April 20, 2011

The staff are friendly and helpful, breakfast (if included at your option) is adequate, rooms are smallish but adequate, the area can be a bit noisy. But, above all, the location is outstanding, just next to Gare St. Lazare (making Metro access a breeze), walking distance to Montmartre, good restaurants in the neighborhood, and a few short blocks from top shops. Not the place to stay if you like to hang out in your hotel room, but tops for convenient access to central Paris.

Room Tip: Book online for best rates
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple