“.....fear and horror” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,704 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Moscow, Russia
“.....fear and horror”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

Never, never, never again.
We choose this hotel because we had to stay close to Grand Opera and there were no other 3* hotels vacant in the area. When we checked in we were treated like scums by front desk clerk. We were given room on the 5 floor and elevator was not working... The stairs are narrow to bear cases and when we reached the room the first glance was shock - absolutely outdated furniture, dirty bathroom, no any even basic amenities...
The first thing I did - I bought antiseptic in the drugstore and clean everything myself. Size of room is enough only to put small bed. TV was showing only 3 channels and remote control was not working.
It was hopeless to complain as the front desk didn't speak English and we could't cancel our reservation for a week as it was prepaid tour.
In the room next to us there were 4(!) people living in the same room with small child. He was crying all the time and their door was always opened. Men was coming out to corridor to smoke.
Housekeeping was absent and it was best option. Breakfast was extremely continental - dry croissant (in PARIS) and confitures with disgusting coffee, so we preferred McDonalds that was close to hotel.
In May it was pretty warm and there was no conditioning, so we could.nt sleep until it becomes cooler and we could open window (not fully as bed was blocking it).
So our experience of Paris was completely spoiled and we tried to leave hotel as earlier as possible and come very late.
In one word - it is GETTO. The worst experience in my life

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank NatAfo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
givat shmoel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

The hotel is located about twenty meters from the metro, good kosher breakfast, have a kosher restaurant under the hotel at reasonableprices, in the room there is no air-conditioned but there is a small refrigerator and safe, the hotel service was excellent, there are several groceries and shops near the hotel, the Great Synagogue of Paris and a house not HABAD is near by the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ungearie
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

We found the hotel very good value for Paris and in an excellent location. The staff we friendly and the rooms clean, if a little dated. The bathrooms were poor and the walls thin but overall we had no problems and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
New-York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2010

We almost die in that place.Me,my friend and her daughter open got horrible experience . We were attaket by 2 man,why jamped in our hotel room,when I opened the door.He said he is a manager and it wasnt very late(around 9 p.m.).He grab me by neck and started to scrim "money".Another guy jumper from the other side of the door and was doing to do the same thing.My friend started to scream and her doughter got very skered .They probably did not expect that somebody else was in the room(I came there 1 day earlier) and the run.I already started to feint 'because he still hold my neck.I call to front deck,he hang up the phone.I went to tolk to resepsionist and it was even wars than holl situation.He rufused to give me poliss phone number.He did not give me his name.He said' go to bad,by-by,poliss is not going to came for this nonsens.I do not know the phone number",very rood and insulting.His name was Mustapha Tanjoan.He said that to me on the next day,because it was absolutely no way for me to go and look for somebody on the streets.Fist he said he was a Steve,and I said that my name is Hilary Clinton.He did give his real name when I started to scream at him in front of a lot of people and He said if I want to complain to call to my agency.I said that instead of an agency,I call to my Ambose,because I am American.I strongly recommend people DO NOT GO THERE! Yelena,Brooklyn,NY

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
12 Thank burya

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Middle East
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2008

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and 2 years old child for 3 nights. I traveled from Jerusalem for a vacation but after I arrived there, I discovered that as if I am still in Israel as most of the hotel guests were Israelis.
The hotel itself was not that bad, but the room smells very bad the moment you enter it, and it was very very small room.
The breakfast was less than simple, only bread & jam with left over croissants, and some cereals.
During my stay there I met with 3 receptionist where one of them was not friendly.

• Disliked — bad smell of the room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank AminTabri
norwich
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2008

The hotel we where booked in was originally the riveria just around the corner however we where transfered to the lebron because the hotel was fully booked, yet our booking was with the riveria. Not wishing to spoil our childrens wekend break we went along to the lebron to find on first appearances a charming hotel. However once inside it was poorly decorated, unhygienic with waiting satff at breakfast wearing dirty soiled white tops (catering staff), day after day this happened.
The concierge was brusk almost rude and very unsupportive when we asked about fire exits in case of a fire. His answer ,one stair case which if it was the source of the fire we would have all perished.
Did not sleep very well because of this.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — beds
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank argiekev
Buckinghamshire, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2008

I stayed at this school with my students when I took a trip to Paris, the Hotel Management were very helpful and accomodating.
The rooms were shabby, mine smelt of smoke, but they were perfectly fine for our group.
The hotel is very central, and it is easy to access the metro, or even to walk and see more of Paris.
The breakfast was fine - similar to others I have had in European hotels.

• Liked — Central location
  • Disliked — Smell of cigarette smoke
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business