“Comfy Hotel”

Ranked #562 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Comfy Hotel”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here because it's not so easy to find a hotel with 3 person occupancy. When we got here, first thing I noticed was that the place is just 5 minutes walk from Galleries Lafayette and Chaussee d'antin Lafayette Metro Station.. it took only a while to check in and we got the highest floor.

the elevator was so small.. but that's not a problem at all. The room, if I may say, unlike room in any other hotel that I have stayed specially in Asia. a little bit old, but unexpectedly very comfortable to sleep in.

and the most convenient thing is the wifi.. so fast and so smooth.. when we check out, the receptionist also help us calling the taxi to go to station..

well I must say, although the price was a little bit high compared to the room quality (this I must say because I compare it with hotels in Asia), but me and my parents were very satisfied stayed in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank narina186

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hotel Excelsior Opera Paris is superbly located -- it is only steps away from Galeries LaFayette, Printemps, Metro Chaussée d'Antin - La Fayette Station and RER Auber Station. Plenty of eateries within 3 minutes' walk from here. Tivoli Pizzeria (the Italian restaurant just next to the hotel) serves delicious Italian cuisine. Room is clean and big. An electric kettle is provided for making tea/coffee. Bathroom has basic toiletries. Although the room has air-con, we didn't need to switch it on as it was cool and nice when the balcony door was opened. Arrival by Eurostar: Exit Paris Nord railway station, head to Rue Lafayette (less than a minute's walk from Paris Nord railway station). Hotel Excelsior Opera (at #5 Rue Lafayette) is just a 20-minute walk down the road. Walking is recommended as this minimizes the hassle of carrying luggages up and down flights of stairs inside metro stations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank C H T
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The room is small and breakfast very poor for the money you are paying
Internet is very fast and free
The location is excellent you can go anywhere by feet
Metro station is very closed and. BUs station as well

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank KonstantinosZep
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Staff were very good, very helpful. Hotel is situated in the Opera district and close to everything. We only stayed one night before joining a tour, but would definitely stay there again. Rooms are slightly smaller than you would expect but the location certainly make up for that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slwityk
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is of a great location if you want to shop till you drop at big malls like Printemps (3-5 mins walk) and Galleries LaFayette which is just 1min away, H&M is also just at the doorstep. Room is smallest as to compare to other hotel stayed throughout the Europe trip. 3 in a triple room leave you with not much space to walk.Breakfast is same thoughout stay (quite usual at all hotels though). Staff is helpful. A good restaurant just at the corner you should try. Hotel is clean though. We left our luggages at the conceirge, were safe thought they got no storage room.Summer sales from end June, was a great start for my holiday :)
Be very careful of the girls roaming around that area, they will ask you if you know English, once you start talking to them , the rest will head to you and pickpocket or rob your things. Saw a hongkie seek refuge at my hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michelle L
malaysia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I arrived the hotel at 8am and able to check-in immediately. I was very pleased because I have travelled/flew 13 hrs non-stop. I stayed in a single room on the 6th floor located behind hotel (I requested for a quiet room). There is a slight metro vibration felt in my room but it does not bother me even though I am a light sleeper.

The room is small as expected in most hotels in Paris. The bed is positioned next to a wall. I suppose this is to save space. The mattress has a bit of squeaky springs and not much support. There is a small window with a view of other rooms. The minibar in the fridge is full of drinks with a fee (soda, juice, alcohol). The hotel provide a free bottle of mineral water, tea, coffee, biscuit and mini cake. All are replenished everyday except mineral water.

There is a small cupboard/closet with a few hangers (non-removable) and limited space to put folded clothes on the top shelve. The safe box provided is user friendly. The aircond works out well in the room. There are 4 news channel in English (Arirang, CCTV, NHK, Euro). The hotel should include at least 1 more movie channel in English because the news channel will keep repeat.

The bathroom is narrow and small. Sometimes, I will accidentally knock my elbow/arm against the wall as I shower. The shower head is attached to the wall. Water pressure and heater is functioning well. They provide shampoo, soap bar, toilet rolls, 1 small towel and 1 big towel. No toothbrush or tissue paper. There is a short string which you can pull out across the wall for hanging laundry.

There is no "Do not Disturb" sign which people use to hang on the door. There is no "peep hole glass" on the inside door. That means you cannot see who is knocking or outside the door. I requested for no housekeeping throughout 5 nights stay. The frontdesk said it is not possible but offered alternate day for not doing housekeeping. However, the hotel do practise "go green" with towels only. If you wish to change towel to put on the floor, otherwise hang it if you do not want to change new towel.

The hotel location is great because it is a 2 minute walk to Gallery Lafayette Mall and a 5 minute walk to Roissy bus/Metro/Opera/Printemp Mall/H&M/Sephora/Franprix.

All the staff are pleasant including frontdesk and housekeeping. But not all the staff are proficient with tourist enquiries. Example, I asked the frontdesk staff where I can find a morning market (food). He said he is unable to let me know because some of the market might be closed on a certain day. I told him I don't mind to take the risk. If the market is closed, I can still wander around the area. Finally, he said " I don't know ". Luckily, I managed to go to the market on rue montorguiel with the help of staff at Hotel Jules.

Overall, I will still recommend people to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights on a business trip to Paris. I did not choose the hotel, and in retrospect, I think I could have found something comparable for a better price. The hotel was very clean and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast spread was quite impressive, but not free (somewhat confusing here-- be careful!). You could dine out and spend much less. Nice selection of little in-room cookies and nibble were replenished daily. The location was convenient enough-- metro just one short block away-- but I might have chosen a different district. This area by the Opera gets very sleepy after 8pm when the big stores close. The WiFi would not work with my iphone, which was a HUGE inconvenience. Incompatibility error of some kind, even though my phone worked as normal in Starbucks and in the lobbies of other nearby hotels (yes, I tested it). My room had a little balcony, which was cute, but not very useful in February with the snow. Overall, my stay here was okay, but I'm pretty sure there are better options at lower prices for my needs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business