“Good position”

Best Western Hotel Ronceray Opera
Ranked #894 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our room had an amazing view to Sacre Cour. Double balcony ..... To view..... Bathroom was small but serviceable but in need of a good update ... The staff were pleasant and helpful ..... Breakfast ...included in our rate was good .... This hotel is in a great position .... Value

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela534

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. My husband had never been to Paris, and I was slightly concerned that the size of the room would bother him and the hand held shower. The room we stayed in was compact, but clean. His comment was "It's small but there isn't anything that is missing that I need." This hotel reminded me of Charade; the see thru elevator, the simply appointed rooms. The location is a double edged sword. It's on a busy street so it can get loud at night, but its close to many cafes, restaurants and shopping. There is a buffet breakfast included in the cost, so having my cafe au lait at the ready was a great thing for me. The lobby offers a Mac for guests.The front desk staff let us borrow an extension cord for my husband's bipap and helped correct a transportation snafu for our airport driver. I greatly appreciated the customer service, from housekeeping, the breakfast staff and the front desk. It's rare to see that much professionalism in all areas and I was very impressed.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We recently stayed here in July. The room was small as expected, but it did have air con. The room was clean, had a mini bar, free wifi, tv, hair dyer. The bed was very comfortable.
However the bathroom let it down hence why I only given 3 stars. It was shabby and in need of a good clean and make over.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was continental and had a good selection of ham, cheese, boiled eggs, cereals, breads, croissants, fruit, yogurts, fruit juice, tea and coffee.
The hotel is on a lively street with plenty of nice cafes and eating places. Our room was at the back so I don't know if street noise is a problem at night.
The nearest metro is Grand Boulevards which is literally a 2 min walk. Our room was on the 2nd floor and we could hear the rumbling of the metro. It didn't disturb us too much.
Overall we were very pleased with our stay and for the price it was value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I would not recommend the Ronceray Opera Hotel. The hotel was dirty in general. The stairway going up to the main lobby smelled of dirty gym socks. A good cleaning or replacement of the carpet is needed throughout the hotel. Our room was unkept. The window that opened onto the roof area did not lock. Several times we had come back to out room to find the window open and the air off. This left our room available for entry by others aling the same 3rd floor hall. Around the mid-point of our stay, we awoke to a leaky air conditioning unit. Of course it was above the desk area so all of our items on the desk were soaked. I called the front desk and they were very short with me and wanted to know if I had opened the window. We took everything out of the wet bags to let the bags and makeup / personal items dry. Our last day at the hotel was even worse. We left our room by 8:30 and the room didn't end up getting cleaned. The beds weren't made any better than we had left them and the window was left open and the air was turned off again. The only thing housekeeping did was throw towels on top of the towel rack. They didn't even bother to hang them. Also included breakfast was sub par.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 1581Cruiser
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Look high on the wall to see the hotel name. This is set within a little arcade. However, reception staff were good and efficient and breakfast was better than the usual. Plenty of bistros and restaurants in the vicinity

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here for four nights in May, it was a lovely experience, the room was beautiful and very comfortable and clean, breakfast was delicious, and the staff were very friendly and polite, considering that I cannot speak French they were very helpful and made my stay very pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MarilynA953
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was small but comfortable and the beds were super comfy! The mini bar fridge didn't work but we only stayed one night so that was No big deal. Pretty good location. Close to wonderful attractions like Notre dame, moulin rouge and sacre cour. An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2013