“Weekend in Paris”

Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #568 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Recently I spent two nights in the Paris Opera Marriott. The Opera House is close, but the website leads one to believe that it is closer…..The lobby is under renovation, which is a pity because the exterior of the building is lovely and I assume that the new lobby will be very nice. The bar is convenient, and the service was efficient. The lounge was tiny, and very over crowded. It is a waste to pay for access given the size and limited offerings, which when they are gone do not reappear. My room was very nice, faced the street and had a tiny balcony, but the door was set so that it did not open all the way. The bed was comfortable and I had plenty of room for my luggage. Do not ask for a taxi to the airport. As I was in Paris during the marathon weekend, I asked the front desk to reserve a taxi for me so I could catch my early flight. They did so, but did not disclose to me that there was a 15 Euro charge for the reservation. It was also supposed to be a taxi that took credit cards. The driver told me on the way to the airport that there was an accident and we had to divert, which I do not believe was truthful, my taxi ride was 94 Euros and he had to call someone for the credit card machine. It was truly awful. I have no idea what service the hotel uses, but don’t ask them for help. Also, there were plenty of taxis (the staff told me I had to reserve to assure transportation). Other than that, my stay was just fine.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelerT796

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Travelled with my wife and 2 kids (1 & 3 yr old) I booked a superior room only to find out max is 3/room. My bad but fine I always stay at Marriott, they offered an upsell for a suite @ 180Euros/night ended up roughly 480Euros/night total, thinking it was my mistake for not checking so I agreed. Nice suite on the 4th floor, room was spacious and comfortable, I noticed the A/C was not functioning properly so I called the NEXT DAY, technician came to check, found out they can't fix it so they moved us to another suite literally above us so 5th floor. Again same problem I brought it up to front desk only to get an explanation it's A/C is weather adaptive basically if it's not that cold or hot outside, A/C is just on fan mode even if you adjust thermostat, I thought that's the weirdest explanation and her supervisor who She spoke to in the back did not even come out to address this personally. I was sweating in bed but I guess thats normal for them. I tried to feel the vent and you could barely feel any air coming out. Even my kid said to open window as He himself was hot. We were offered a fan but with 2 kids, That could be a disaster waiting to happen. I brought it up to them saying I don't want to move again as it was our 2nd night We were leaving the next day. They could have at least checked it but no. I paid for a premium price assuming I am getting what it's worth but disappointed with how customer service was not provided, not a Marriott core value. Will be back in Paris but will cross this one out.

And forget room service, it took over an hour to deliver, 2nd time room service they called after 40 mins to ask if We have got our food, obviously not yet, I guess they forgot about it.

Room Tip: find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jprdlp
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Wonderful hotel... older hotel, smallish rooms, but very updated! Bathrooms all new, bedding and furnishing all new. Just one block to Galleries Lafayette and Opera House, about 1.5 mile walk to Lourve. Staff amazing, no request went unanswered...concierge staff was so very helpful with dinner reservations...went above and beyond. Breakfast was so nice, sunny bright room overlooking Haussmann Blvd. Fun to drink breakfast coffee and watch the world go by. Free WIFI for my young adults was a plus++++ Taxi stand right outside. Just only one wish...that the hotel had an ATM in the lobby or other safe place. Not safe to use on the street, not hotels fault but that is another story...Merci to all at the Ambassador Hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the toilet in the bathroom...my mother and I had a separete toilet room without...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alice G
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Wonderful hotel centrally located! Staff was incredibly helpful and very courteous. The hotel took care of our vehicle (valet parking) for a small fee and never had to worry about it. We highly suggest this hotel to anyone!

Thank JordanandAracel... R
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott for 3 nights for our first trip to Paris. We really liked the location as it was within walking distance of many things and in a nice neighborhood. We had heard that hotel rooms in Paris can be on the smaller side but our place was very roomy with new and comfortable furniture and plenty of storage space.
The concierges and the front desk people were extremely helpful whenever we had questions or needed advice. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning and felt it gave us a good start for our busy days.
We will return to Paris and we will certainly chose the hospitality and comfort of the Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador again.

Room Tip: Some people have made comments about what rooms on what floors have the best views. We were facing B...
2  Thank Steve L
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights during our honeymoon in France. The management team and staff here is great. It for sure lives up to the Marriott name.

The best part of this place is the location. It is so easy to get around and there are so many great shops and cafes around.

My only complaints are this: First, the internet was horrible. Couldn't connect and it seemed like hotel management was taking its sweet-time to fix it. Second, some of the other hotel room guests were very loud at night and the hotel management team seemed unable to stop them from partying post-4am.

2  Thank John A
Reviewed April 8, 2014

After traveling nearly two weeks in Italy, it was nice to check in for some comforts of home - you know what to expect at a high-end Marriott and that is exactly what we got. The location is good, the hotel is very Parisian and the comforts of a big room and Marriott bed were welcome sites for weary travelers. The bar staff was friendly and fun and the staff was very accommodating of our multiple requests for suggestions in the best way to maneuver the major tourist attractions with limited time and energy to do so. Although we stayed on a "Friends and Family" rate, we were treated like kings.