“Lovely location”

Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #551 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Very easy hotel to get to, we took the Metro from Gare du Nord to Opera and the hotel was a short walk from there. At check in, we were greeted by the loveliest receptionist and given some good information about the local area.

Our room was nice, clean, roomy etc. The only downside was the glass top of the drawers had broken in the corners which had exposed sharp edges, and the entrance to the room had a smashed ceiling which exposed wiring and bright lighting. Nothing major though, we weren't planning on spending a lot of time in the room anyway and the room was still lovely despite this.

We didn't use the restaurant for dinner or breakfast, but it is easy enough to find. We had a couple of drinks at the bar which was pricey at over 70 euro for 4 cocktails but they were good quality.

We visited the concierge who was without a doubt the friendliest member of staff in the whole hotel - which is saying something because all staff were fab! He was extremely helpful and polite and couldn't do enough for us.

Would definitely stay here again when visiting Paris.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HELLODAVE_xX
There are newer reviews for Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My partner had booked Paris for us as a romantic surprise and I was very much looking forward to our stay.

On arrival at the hotel, he wondered if he had made a big mistake. At reception, we could hardly hear a word spoken by the receptionist due to the loud drilling being carried out in what was said to be the breakfast area. We were extremely worried about how this would affect our stay. However, having arrived at 11am it was a pleasant surprise when we were allowed to check into our room early (being upgraded also). Our worries went out the window when we arrived at our beautiful room with not a sound of drilling or street noise to be heard.

The rooms are of Parisien decor and finished to a very high standard. Our bed was massive and we enjoyed that the bedroom had doors that could be closed away from the little corridor / bathroom / wardrobes (also no noise from the corridor).

This hotel is in a very nice area with a metro stop and Galleries Lafayette just a very short stroll away. We found it's location ideal - if you do not fancy walking then most tourist spots don't even require a line change on the metro.

We had an excellent stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Paris. The staff were very accommodating and the cleaniness etc was fantastic.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JenJar24
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel has been well renovated and is better than a couple of years ago.
Rooms are well decorated and bed is very comfortable.Amneties are pretty basic.Appreciated the coffee/tea maker.Room could have been cleaner.Found a previous guests nylon sock in the cupboard.Staff are good but check-out was chaotic due to a rugbymatch.Their credit card machine even brokedown which made things worse.Breakfast was o.k. but every guest deserves a good morning tea or coffee which an industrial machine can't give.
With a little more effort this hotel could be excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank angelo65Geneva
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've stayed at a lot of Marriott's but this one is definitely at the bottom of the list in terms of experience. At an average price of $360 a night, if i hadn't have been there on business, I probably would have looked to move. Check in was fine and the room was big, however that was really the only good thing about it.

I had a room on the 4th floor facing the street and the windows weren't double glazed, meaning it was very noisy. The bed was a king which was very comfortable, but the duvet was made up of two totally separate (i.e. they weren't the one you lock together) very thin single duvets with two single bed mattress covers underneath. This meant they met in the middle of the bed and kept falling off, as there was nothing for them to hold on to. The wardrobe was huge, but had no light on the shelf part of it, so you couldn't see it, and the bottom of the door was held together with parcel tape.

The bathroom was big (by Europe standards) but a really odd design; the shower was over the bath, but installed half way along the wall so the shower screen didn't cover the water coming off, meaning it went all over the floor. The sink and mirror were chipped, and overall it wasn't very clean. There was dust between all of the pipes on the radiator / towel rail, and the underneath of the sink was disgusting.I dropped something on the floor and went to pick it up and saw furballs, old hairdryer nozzles, qtips etc.

Room service was ok, but on the last full day I was staying there, it was really haphazard - dirty cups not replaced with clean ones, the bed wasn't made up fully etc

The amenities of the hotel were fine - very typical in the bar, and breakfast offering. The gym is actually quite big, but it doesn't make the most of the space in that there's a really limited amount of cardio machines (4) one weight bench, and two weights machines. If there's any more money spent on the gym, it would be great to see sets of smaller kg dumb-bells available.

I get the impression that they have a lot of foot fall and non repeat customers through the hotel, and I can only think that this drives the level of service offered.

Room Tip: Don't choose one facing the street
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank hb77London_UK
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed for business they did not have record of my full reservation and we're not as accommodating as I would expect at the price.
Room was clean and comfortable.
Lobby was nice and bar service was excellent.
I had to leave for another hotel for my last night.
I will probably stay again but will confirm reservations many times before arrival.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank andrew m
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights and had a great experience. The staff were very helpful and the room was spacious. The bed was very comfortable and perfect - even for the finicky people for me!

The bathtub/shower had a half door - I would have preferred a full that would prevent water seeping into the rest of the bathroom when you take a shower. Other than that I really enjoyed my stay there!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank travelpro1918
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Excellent hotel, great location one block from the opera. The room was very good, very quiet and very dark when u close the curtains. The bathroom have very good spaces. The price is good for what u get. I was very happy in my staying for 6 nights. My view of the room not was that good because it was the cheaper room, the view was like an interior terrace thats why I don't hear a sound.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple