“Nice comfy hotel, great location”

Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #515 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
portsmouth
“Nice comfy hotel, great location”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for my wife's birthday and can only say we had a very positive experience. Staff very friendly and helpful, hotel very clean and modern, rooms are of a very high standard as you would expect at a Radisson and the location is very handy for moving around central Paris. Breakfast was of a very decent standard, didn't try the restaurant as we were eating out but appeared of a very good standard. I Won't criticise the expense of staying at this hotel as it is only to be expected in central Paris but you certainly pay for everything in this city, I couldn't find a beer under 10 euros so don't expect your hotel to be cheap unless you lower your standards. Overall we had an enjoyable weekend at Radisson Opera.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

After reading many different reviews of this hotel (and others), we really struggled to make our final choice. We stayed at this hotel from Fri 28th June 2013 to Sunday 30th June 2013.

Prior to arriving, I had emailed the hotel, as I wanted to ask for connecting rooms, a room facing the main street (as these rooms have a view - which I had learnt from reading other reviews), a late check-out of 4pm and transportation to and from the Airport. All my requests were confirmed prior to arrival.

On arrival at the airport, we were met by the driver. I can only describe the journey to the hotel as horrific. He smelt strongly of alcohol and his driving was very erratic & dangerous. (I have visited enough Countries to know this was not typical 'foreign' driving!) I had the window open all the way, tryng not to be sick. When we arrived at the hotel, I had to sit on the kerb outside for 10 minutes, as I felt so sick. I am pleased to say that the driver on the return journey was so very different and I did not feel at all unsafe or unwell.

Check in was quick - there was no-one waiting in front of us. We had one of our connecting rooms upgraded (Rooms 313 & 314 were very nice). Shower pressure was very low. I thought that both rooms were of a good size and well-furnished.

A couple of things I noticed, was that our mini-bar was not re-stocked throughout our stay and some of the Newspresso pods had been used and placed back in the tray upside down, so as to appear new. The tea & coffee & sugar sachets we used were not re-stocked throughout our stay.

We ordered two coffee's one evening, from room service, but having waited 45 mintues, I called to cancel the order, as they still hadn't arrived.

Breakfast each morning was absolutely fine. No problems queing, or with availability of food or tables. Breakfast was included in the price we had paid. I certainly wouldn't have said it was worth the price that I have seen other reviews quoting, if paying for it separately.

Check-out process was quick and easy. (One person waiting in front of us).

I certainly wouldn't describe this hotel as 5* with 5* service, but it is not advertsied as such. It provided us with a nice place to stay, with reasonably good service and a great location - either walking distance or a short (& cheap) taxi ride to all the things you would want to see.

It was a good place for us to rest our heads, on a busy City break.

Room Tip: Rooms 313 & 314 were good, connecting rooms. Upgrade to a better room, if possible. Ask for a ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NickH330
Bangalow, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. This is not a cheap hotel so we expected a bit more class. On arrival in the taxi there were no porters around to help with our cases. After we got into the hotel via revolving doors, getting stuck with all our bags, they suddenly appeared. Checked in, room was OK but not very big. The bed was comfortable. Everything about this hotel was average except the location. We payed 15 Euro for 2 coffees in the bar!! Paris is expensive but this was over the top!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple