New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“One of the best (but also one of the most expensive) Paris Hotels I stayed so far..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel

Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel
Ranked #203 of 1,812 Hotels in Paris
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

this has been one of the best Paris hotels I stayed so far. However, I think the price was also expensive (EUro 500plus) so if you do not mind the price, you will not end up being disappointed.

On another hand, I have also stayed in very close hotels that were 1/4 of the price of this one and the quality difference was not 4 times.

All in all, this is a nice hotel, but perhaps if you are willing to pay more than Euro500plus, then there could be other nice ones too. I can, the very least say that this one will not disappoint you, if you do not mind the price.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nadjet B, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear guest,

Merci for writing a review about your stay at the Hotel Scribe Paris.

I am delighted to read you think of our establishment as one of the best in Paris.
The high rates are due to the extremely busy season; many fairs, exhibitions, shows and so on take place in Paris over the fall period.

Whenever you plan another trip to Paris, please feel free to contact us the earliest so we can provide you with competitive rates.

Nadjet Bennaceur
Guest Relation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Lovely rooms and very pleasant concierge's on staff..Everyone was so helpful and took care of our every need..I would highly recommend Hotel Scribe..Excellent location and attentive to detail to make one's stay with them an experience worth repeating..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

stayed 1 night, after arrival at hotel / room, found some itrms wanting. 1. direction at floor level was wrong, sign pointed right when room was actually on the left side. 2. showerhead was damaged and affected the water pressure, extremely frustrating. 3. shower area not built logically, water splashes as shower is combined with bathtub. 4. tv remote was missing.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Brisley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the Scribe as part of a Horse Racing Abroad package to the Arc de Triomphe horse race. It is an attractive hotel in a great location, near Charles Garnier's magnificent and overblown Opera house.
On arrival in our room we were dismayed. We had booked a room with twin beds and our room had a big double bed. The remote for the tv did not work. These glitches however were fixed promptly.
Coffee at breakast was dire - cold, stewed and virtually undrinkable. The staff were inattentive and I had to wave my arms around to attract attention to be served with a hot drink when my friend joined me.
We had no extras, I did not even see a mini bar, but the following week my credit card bill came in and I had been charged 59 euros. Apparently we had downed this much booze. No one had given me a bill before we left, when of course I would have been able to dispute it, and we did not leave the hotel until one pm, having checked out and given them our luggage for safe keeping at around 9.45pm.
Of course I am in dispute with them and expect my 59 euros to be refunded but it is irritating and time wasting and very sloppy of them not to have given me a bill before I left if they thought I owed them money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank BrigidF679
Laguna Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were very happy with our choice of the Scribe which was one of the several hotels offered through Costco. The service was excellent, fast and friendly. The room may have been small by U.S. standards but was very comfortable, well-appointed and with nice amenities, and quiet. We had a Luxury Room. Connection to wi-fi was easy. The mattress was good and didn't aggrevate a bad back. The location was good with restauarants nearby. The Louvre was a pleasant 15 minute walk, and a similar walk to the tour bus location on Rue des Pyramides. The main stop for the Hop on/Hop off bus was a few blocks away. The breakfast buffet service was personal and outstanding. The hotel is an older, which charm and character. We would recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Our room on first floor facing the interior courtyard was nice and quiet.