“Memorable Short Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #247 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Yokohama
“Memorable Short Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We are just finishing a three night stay here and would recommend the Scribe to anyone who is considering such. First, this review is a public letter of thanks to the staff here who helped us. Honestly, we are never the easiest of customers due to our extreme fussiness over rooms but the guest relations staff, Louis and Geoffrey, were patient, courteous and helpful and we found a wonderful room.
The location of the hotel is faultless. It is within walking distance of the Opera, the Louvre, Vendome and the Galeries Lafayette and the metro is very close. It is also surrounded by good cafes, bistros and restaurants.
The design of the hotel is a refreshing change to the usual "Let's pretend we're in a belle epoque costume drama" theme. It plays a clever and thoughtful balance between it's Lumiere brothers connection, Art Deco chic and modern taste.
Didn't try too much food but can recommend the bread and pastry basket on the in room dining menu, which, if you don't have inclusive breakfast, at EUR 13 will keep you going til lunch.
Overall, well satisfied.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SCRIBEParis, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear guest,
On behalf of my coworkers Louis and Geoffrey, I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
At the Hotel Scribe Paris, our aim is to have our guests feel comfortable in their accommodation and we are glad you have found the most suitable one for you.
As you mentioned, our hotel is perfectly located, within walking distance to the Galeries Lafayette, The Louvre Museum and many other local attractions.
When inaugurated back in 1865, the building was originally holding the Jockey Club Headquarter as well as the Grand Café de Paris, where artists and members of the High Society would meet. It was only turned into a hotel sixty years later.
When fully refurbished in 2007, Jacques Grange has made it his priority to give the hotel a modern twist all while ensuring it didn’t lose the essence of its origins.
I highly recommend a tour of the hotel upon your next visit, there is always a little story to be told.
Best regards,
Nadjet B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

In general, my room was fine, TV remote did not work properly, cafe and restaurant were JUST OK. When I made reservation for a taxi for 3:30pm (the following day) to go to the airport, I was awaken at 3:30 in the MORNING!!! by the concierge to let me know that the taxi has arrived.... I guess I should have expected something like that from a french speaking hospitality expert... :)
On the positive side, superb location and good size rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nadjet B, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with The TripAdvisor Community.

Allow me to express my deepest apologies for waking you at 3:30AM. It is very unfortunate we have misunderstood your request.
Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to make a new reservation. It will be our pleasure to provide you with great service and comfort upon your next visit

Best regards,

Guest Relation Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

It's a very good hotel, located by the Opera and Department stores.

When I arrived, I did not like my room, I booked a Deluxe room for almost 10 days and it did not meet my expectations. There wasn't any good view and it was too dark. So the reseption lady (unfortunately, I don't remember her name) changed my room and it was a very nice Deluxe room with a good view on the top floor.

The concierge lady was also very helpful and professional. She recommended me some good restaurants to go with my friends, and answers some other questions. After that restaurant visit, I received a sweet letter from the concierge asking if I enjoyed the restaurant and would like to give any feedback, and that they're always ready to help me. That was very sweet.

The hotel is perfectly located by the Opera, 3 minutes walking to the Madeleine, and 5 minutes walking to the Grand Magazines. It's also pretty close to the Saint Honore shopping district. Maybe 10 minutes walking to the Rue Rivoli and 15 minutes to the Louvre. And I mean high heels slow walking/people watching :)

There is a taxi stop just next to the hotel and the doormen is always happy to help with cars and luggage.

Love the Hermes soaps, shampoos and skin care in the Sofitel hotels bathrooms! Now that perfume reminds me of the Sofitel hotels only! The beds are soooooooo soft and comfortable! I guess it's also a trademark of the Sofitel hotels!

I liked the fitness centre in the hotel. Even though it was pretty small and located in the spa area, it had everything I needed, including water and fresh towers. I did not use the spa services but it looked pretty good to me.

I did not go to the breakfast but ordered it to the room couple of times. Breakfast was very delicious and delivered to my room within 10 minutes.

Cleaning services also were very fast and professional, and every day they left cookies, or chocolate, or macaroons in my room. Yummy!

Anyway, I would say it is a pretty good hotel but mostly for business stay. It does not have very romantic feel to it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

You have had the pleasure of discovering quite a lot during your stay, and I thank you for taking time to write about it.
I can only agree with your kind words as we always strive for service excellence. Your comments as others are always valuable as it allows us to have a clear idea of how our guests feel at the Hotel Scribe Paris.
Even though you have gone through every area in the hotel, we will be delighted to have you back and offer a greater experience upon your next visit.

Warm wishes from Paris,

Guest Relation Manager
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

On a brief stopover to Paris we stayed here with our two young children aged 4 and 5. Service, attention to detail, food and drinks were superb. It helped us to relax and enjoy our stay, i woud hughly recommend Sofitel. Always a great experience and fabulous with children.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen D
SCRIBEParis, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Scribe Paris for your Parisian trip.
I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding your stay. I am glad you have enjoyed every bit of it.
At Sofitel, we strive for service excellence even for our younger guests. It will be our pleasure to welcome you and your children again in the future.
I am unsure of which outlet you have dined at; the Lumière Restaurant, The 1T Rue Scribe or the Obscur Bar, but I am happy to read you have found the food and drinks superb!
Warm wishes for Paris,
Louis S.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. i had had made a mistake by booking on the wrong date, and the reservations department was incredibly understanding and offered to fix the issue on the same day we were supposed to arrive - This level of responsiveness I had never seen in any other hotel! Upon arrival, the hotel is perfectly located, walking distance to everything you might want to see in Paris. The room was absolutely wonderful, with double-height ceilings, really tastefully decorated, and fantastic amenities. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Get the duplex bedroom if you can!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SCRIBEParis, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Here, at the Scribe Hotel Paris, we try our best to accommodate our guests when these sorts of “mistakes” happen. We are just glad you could start enjoying your vacation right on the spot.
The Hotel’s location is indeed perfect! It takes you less than 5 minutes to reach the Opera Garnier, The Galeries Lafayette, the metro station and great restaurants and bars.

You may also have visited other places of interest such as the Eiffel tower, The Champs Elysees, Montmartre, the Louvre Museum and so on; located less than 15 minutes away.

Our rooms were decorated by Jacques Grange, back in 2007, upon the Hotel’s full refurbishment; We are proud of the Hotel’s History and always appreciate when our guests enjoy it too.

Thank you for recommending the Hotel Scribe Paris; it would be our pleasure to welcome you again and perhaps your family and friends.

Warm wishes from Paris,
Guest Relation
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed five nights at the Scribe and were extremely pleased. The concierge helped us before we arrive and after in making dinner and show recommendations throughout our stay. The hotel room was fantastic, clean, luxurious, etc. Would highly recommend. Restaurant was also fantastic. Will go bacck another time for sure!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah D
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking some of your time to inform us about your stay.

Our Concierge team is composed of Golden Keys Concierge (Clefs d’Or); they are extremely praised in France as they know perfectly how to present our guests with great recommendations. They know all about local attractions; the best restaurants, etc…
As for the rooms, they were tastefully decorated by Jacques Grange in 2007. It has a modern touch that tops off the classical/ historical style.
Hanging on the walls of each rooms are, drawing made by Yves Saint Laurent himself. We also offer exquisite toiletries from Hermes Paris; tribute to the French Elegance that makes Paris such an amazing city.

We will be happy to welcome you back into Hotel Scribe Paris. You may contact us at any time should you wish to make a reservation.

Regards from Sunny Paris,