We read hundreds of reviews of hotels before traveling to Paris for our Honeymoon. When we first arrived, the bell hop was there to grab our bags as soon as we stepped out of the Taxi. Our room was a decent size, especially for Paris standards, and very clean, which is more important than anything. (As a side note, I always wipe down the room and bathroom with lysol wipes when we arrive. I know this is weird, but the amount of dirt I see on the wipes after wiping the bathroom floor in a hotel always amazes me. The wipes were clean after wiping the floor here - spotless clean. That should tell you something about the quality of the hotel.) We stayed 7 nights in the luxury room and got free breakfast with our booking.
1. The concierge is amazing - all of them!! They made dinner reservations/recommendations for us almost every night. They learned our names and treated us very personally. The great special touch was the note under our door after a reservation was made with a map to our location.
2. The rest of the staff is also very friendly.
3. Free Breakfast (if you book it this way). It's really great, too, because you can order breakfast in the room for only a few dollars more. Breakfast in bed is always a nice touch to any vacation.
4. Free Wifi
5. Cleans rooms
6. Great views
7. Good location. Away from the craziness of all the tourist stuff by the Louvre area. But still not too far of a walk to get there.
8. Speakers in the bathroom, so you can play music from the TV and listen while in the bathroom. A nice touch!
9. A bath and a separate shower.
10. If you put the "Please service my room sign" out at any time of day they will clean/straighten your room, even if they have already cleaned it before.
11. They bring cool little treats every night and leave them in your room - and they constantly provide bottled water.
12. The hotel felt very safe.
Cons/Suggestions to the hotel:
1. You have to re-login every 4 hours to use the wifi and the connection is limited to only 60kb/s--very annoying after 7 days of doing this over and over again.
2. Breakfast is the same thing everyday and gets old, so we didn't eat there everyday. However, you can mix it up by getting it delivered to your room.
3. TV volume is limited and be hard to hear sometimes, especially if you have the window open. I know this is a courtesy to other guest which is kind of nice. A little more volume would be nice.
Overall, we would highly recommend this hotel - for anyone. As a couple on our honeymoon, we felt very welcomed, comfortable and safe. The hotel was walking distance from all of the great tourist locations but far enough away so that you could get away from it all at night. There was great shopping right around the corner and a grocery store just down the street (which is great for grabbing sandwiches and having lunch in the room). Plus, the views of the opera house (especially at night) are just amazing.
I think we are pretty picky about the hotels we stay at. I also know that experiences can vary easily, but some of the bad reviews about this hotel made me very skeptical about staying here. I really don't agree with any of the complaints I read. Especially the complaints about the staff. The staff was extremely friendly, ALWAYS. I would definitely recommend staying here. If I ever travel back to Paris. I will stay here again. Thanks for a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A long tradition of excellence in the art of living awaits you in this grand 19th-century building. An emblem of Parisian life, Hotel Scribe Paris was originally the home of the very aristocratic Jockey Club. It became a hotel of legend, a stage of modernity on which the cinema was born, a favourite place of artists and celebrities. The Scribe keeps that legacy alive today. In its elegant rooms and suites, its public and reception areas, new generations of personalities are even now adding chapters to the hotel's history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Paris
- Hotel Scribe Paris