“People make or break the experience”

Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel
Ranked #240 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 6, 2012

After staying at Hotel Scribe last year, I had a fabulous stay. I called to confirm my room request and was assured that it was reserved. Upon arrival, this request was not fullfilled and my room was not ready. We arrived at the hotel at 2pm (we are A Club Gold Sofitel members which includes early check-in.) We were finally able to check-in at around 5pm. We paid for a club sofitel room which allows you soft drinks, newspaper and baked goodies daily. When we did not receive the latter of the three and when we informed the front desk of this we were were told you only get a welcome gift and champagne. I had to proceed to explain that this was not the case and our amenities included this. I expected the same helpfullness I received at my last stay at Hotel Scribe. I wonder how many people pay for this service and never get it. If it were my first stay at Scribe I wouldn't have known. Once, again our wonderful concierge Mairie shines through. I also spoke to her before my arrival (she remembered me from a year before, wow.) and asked her to make several lunch and dinner reservations and was perfectly accommodated. She will be the reason we come back. Audrey, the guest relations manager, is also a star. She handeled a very difficult situation dealing with theft on the Paris tranportation system. She handeled it with utmost grace and professionalism. The pastries are not made on the premises and be careful which one you choose, because their looks may deceive you. Nothing is perfect but I wish my experience was the same as last year. Last year I was wowed, this year, it was just another hotel experience with the usual mistakes. The beds are still fantastic though and the hotel is extremely clean and maintained.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the lower floors because the windows are bigger and make the room feel more spa...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SnailP
Write a ReviewReviews (2,161)

Reviewed March 4, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I don't often write a review and have really been prompted to do so by people threatening to write bad reviews if they do not get a discount on checkout.

This Hotel was the perfect place for a 4 day getaway while working in the south of France. We had the most amazing time and all the staff at the hotel were great.

The only disappointing thing about the hotel was the fact that we could snot take the bed with us there and then.....We did have to order it and have it delivered.

Fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KiwiLlama
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I will not got too much into details about the hotel Scribe's specifics, because all the prior reviews took care of that and most of them seem accurate.

But what I can tell you is that 5 star hotels are what they are for a reason. They give you what you expect: a 5 star service in a 5 star environment.

But what separates l'hotel Scribe from the rest is that they make you feel like you are their only and favorite customer at all times. We were there for a romantic week-end getaway in Paris and they went out of their way (or maybe that's what they always do) to make sure all our needs were not only met but exceeded.

Getting a room upgrade is not rare in the hotel industry. But I don't know many hotels that upgrade you and doesn't tell you about it, that's just a whole other level.

If you're looking for a great Parisian hotel in a great Parisian "quartier", don't look any further, I know we won't!

Room Tip: If you are landing in CDG airport, there is a RATP "Roissybus - Opera" that drops you 100...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Delevanti
Reviewed February 6, 2012

The Hotel Scribe has a warm inviting ambience and [unlike some of the larger 5 star establishments] feels quintessentially French. As an Australian in Paris... I wanted that. The room was compact but beautifully appointed with a balcony overlooking the central courtyard below. The bathroom was surprisingly large by Parisian standards and well stocked with gorgeous toiletriles and fluffy white towels. Bed was pure heaven to sink into at the end of the day with crisp white linen and luxurious down pillows. The location is perfect for the Opera Printemps and Galleries la Fayette and the Louvre. I loved the small gestures such as complimentary bottled water and extra towels. A beautiful hotel I would not hesitate to stay in again. I can't wait to go back...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank JElizabethB
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is a grand Parisian hotel literally next door to L'Opera. It was recently the subject of major refurb. The public areas are stylish and classically French. The basic rooms as with most French hotels are on the small side but they are extremely well equipped. The beds are amazingly comfortable and it's a struggle to get up in the morning.

It's not cheap and nor is breakfast but you generally get what you're paying for.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DrLivingstone100
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Spent a weekend at the hotel Scribe in august. Lovely room, nice bathroom with loveley toiletries from Hèrmes, and a little "surprise" from the hotel with turndown service. Nice and accomodating staff. The location is unbeatable, the hotel is within walking distance from l'Opéra, the Louvre, Place Vendôme and Galeries Lafayette.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family