“Great Location if visiting Paris”
Review of Hotel Galileo

Hotel Galileo
Ranked #121 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
New York
“Great Location if visiting Paris”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The location is great, 50 meters walk to Champs Elysees avenue, 150 meters from GeorgeV metro, 200 from CDG Etoile metro and 250 meters to Arc de Triomphe. Christopher at the front desk was great, very helpful, always friendly.
Very easy to get here from CDG via Air France bus that dropped off at Etoile stop or take Metro to (need to switch trains though). We took taxi from hotel to airport as it was raining the day we left...55 Euro's, not much traffic so only 30 min to CDG. Breakfast area was cozy and selection looked great, but the Publicis Drugstore which has food,wine/liquour/beer and sitdown restaurant at one site was great place for croissant/coffee/juice for 5 Euros!
They also will open any bottle of wine you purchase.
Restaurants along Champs-Elysees are pricey...wow...but if you go one block off you can find some gems: Chez Savy..was about a 1 km walk but worth it...Best combination of price/quality we had on our trip. For happy hour/relaxing..take left out of hotel, walk up the sidewalk and across the street to the right is Comptoir De L'Arc...reasonable priced wine and cocktails, but we did not eat there, but it was usually full with a lively crowd.
I;d stay here on business given convenience to Metro (1 stop away from LaDefense)

Room Tip: Room 101..no balcony like upper floors but felt quiet room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent a night in the hotel in September. The staff went out of their way to help us - we arrived at 09h00, although our room wasnt available yet the staff kept our luggage and made bathroom facilities available so we could freshen up. The room was small but clean and had everything would could require. It is close to the hub of Paris but not so close that one couldnt relax. I would reccomend this hotel for price, position and general friendliness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Travel to Paris two to three times a month, so have done quite a few hotels in my days.
This one is certainly not bad... but ain't great either. The main problem is that in such a posh neighbourhood (George V, just a street away from the Champs Elysees), it really doesn't cut it.
The situation wasn't helped by the fact there was a very large salon that week and that prices were over inflated on this occasion. Even in Paris, €275 should give you a much better hotel than this.
The main problem is with the overall state of the hotel: Though not dirty, it is very tatty, the style is very passe, and it could do with an overall refresh. Pink-ish carpets, old bathroom suite, with not very clean sylicon joints...
Staff was very nice though, and again location was brilliant.
I would have been OK paying 180-200 euro for this hotel, not closer to 300...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
istanbul
Reviewed September 23, 2012

this hotel is very close to champ ellıse .staff are so friendlly and helpfull. speaccially manager was perfect .he is so helpful and really he wants to help . we met the ownner she is also very nice and ask ıf we satisfied ı really like hotel ı feel my self comfort and ı ll come agaşin this hotel ıf come paris

Room Tip: rooms on the back are quıeter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had stayed in Paris many times and had already found several nice hotels at reasonable price which I wanted to go back. I usually book a double room in three star hotels around Champs-Elysees, Marais or Rive Gauche at from 150 to 200 euros per night. For my stay in the middle of September this year, however, all these hotels were already fully booked or offered only very expensive rooms when I started searching in mid-August. I searched hotel booking websites and chose Hotel Galileo from its good location and their less expensive offers compared to others (yet, its room rate was 300 euro per night for a double room), and also, good feedbacks in Tripadvisor.

The room was very much like those of other hotels I stayed before in Paris. A decent double room, not very spacious but not to small, reasonably clean, and equiped with standard facilities. If I were there in normal season when Paris hotels are not too much in demand, I would pay only 170-180 euros for this room. In this busy period, the room was overpriced at 300 euro per night.

Other thing I did not like with this hotel was the attitude of one of the staff members. As soon as I arrived at the hotel, he started telling me that he liked Japan (I am Japanese) and was planning to visit Japan soon and he had several Japanese "girlfriends", and said that he would give me special treatments such as free Wifi service (it's not special at all, as this hotel provides free wifi to all guests) and that I didn't have to go buy water as he would be happy to give me some (I don't need such service). Also, even after I told him that I had lived in a french-speaking country, he congratulated my French when I asked him my room key in French (just room number!), which I found intimidating. Perhaps he might have just wanted to be friendly to me, but the information he wanted to share was completely unnecessary for me and I thought that this staff lacked professional attitude and did not know how to take appropriate distance with guests. I think that hotel staff should observe each guest carefully and try to find out what s/he wants and what s/he does not want. Other staff members were all right.

The location was good. Just a few minutes walk to Champs-Elysees and metro stations (George V).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank LaLa430
Nelly R, Gérant at Hotel Galileo, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Madam,

we would like to thank you again for your stay and for choosing the Hotel Galileo.
we do apologize if you are not seinsible to French humor and we will ask my receptionnist for your next stay to be at the level of your exceptations
we offer the best value for money hotel with the friendliest service in Paris!
see you soon
Antalya, Turkey
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I think city hotels especially in the center of Europe must change. They are very old and the rooms are very small. Paris and our hotel from outside everythings ok but inside is little bit problem. Out of location everthing is bad . İts just a few steps away from Champs-elysees.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TolgaSahbaz
Nelly R, Directeur général at Hotel Galileo, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

the charm of Paris is made by the monuments but also with the old Haussmanian buildings. the hotel Galileo is very well located and the price per square meter is very expensive which explains the size of the room.
Our rooms are very correct and the service is excellent. the majority of our guests are happy and the good reviews on tripadvisor is a prouf
we will be happy to welcome you again and show you that we have the best Quality/Price and service of Paris!
see you soon