Plug-Inn Hostel
$281
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
All reviewsbunk bedsmoulin rougebed private roomgreat locationcroissantssacre coeurfree breakfastbaguettemetro stationrooms are smallsmall kitchencafes and restaurantsenjoyed my stayaround the cornerblancheroommatesvaluables
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Had all your basic needs, which is pretty much a place to sleep & a good shower. Great place to meet people if you stay in a multi-person room. No AC, gets hot on the higher floors in the spring/summer/fall. Windows open but it's not enough to cool it off. Great location. Staff is helpful. Would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My experience at Plugg Inn was amazing. The friendly travelers and staff made it incredibly easy to meet people as a lone traveler. Plugg Inn is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. The bathrooms and kitchen are spotless and sheets and towels are replaces daily. Great heating and hot water at all times. The French breakfast was incredible. The hostel is located just seconds away from countless of bistros, boulangeries, cafes and markets. Its less than a three minute walk to the metro that will take you anywhere in Paris.
Its a wonderfully social hostel and the best part is that the little noise from downstairs will never keep you awake, making it as easy to socialize as it is to sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked a room here over New Years for 4 people with a private bathroom and we paid quite handsomely for it... We were less than impressed.

The staff were friendly and happy to help with directions and suggestions, however, this was the only good thing about the hostel.

We arrived in our room and found two sets of bunk beds which were touching each other, rickety to say the least and mattresses (if can call them that) which disappeared when you laid on them.

The toilet and shower were in separate rooms, which sounds good except both rooms were so small they were barely functional. I am a small human being and when I used the toilet my knees touched the walls and I hit my head in the wall multiple times trying to get my pants up...

The shower room was not much bigger and when you used the shower you ended with water all over the bathroom. You could really bend down to wash yourself without hitting your head on the walls or your elbows. I also hit my head int he sink trying to get dressed.

The elevator is a joke, it barely fit two people in it and if you moved while you were in it it felt as though it was going to break.

There was no soap, there were no hand towels, the actual towels could be confused with tea towels, the ladies in the breakfast room were rude, and the 'free wifi' had a three hour limit... Needless to say we found a way around it by using fake emails I.e effyoupluginn@hiotmail.com

Wouldn't stay here again if you paid me!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was in Plug-Inn in June 2010. The accommodation was good, the bed, the bath, all clean and comfy for a few days stay. I shared a room with other girls and that was just fine.
The trackbacks are that, at least for my experience, there's not enough common areas in the hostel to socialize with other travelers, and as I was traveling alone, I'd use that to meet new people. The breakfast and dinning room were the only moments and places to hangout, and there was not a lot of night action, at least the days I stayed.

The elevator is REALLY small, it's just you and maybe if it's a big suitcase you'll need to make a separate trip just for it.

The personal attending the desk at my time was of great help, very kind and nice to tall to :)
He was the only french friend I meet in that trip :P

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great hostel. We were only staying overnight in Paris and this place for perfect for what we needed. We had no problem finding it, but I can see where someone may get turned around looking for it. The spiral staircase is tight - fortunately we only had a backpack with us but I cannot imagine going up that thing with a few pieces of heavy luggage. Great room, comfy bed, clean bathroom, friendly staff - without a doubt I would stay in this hostel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple