“Stayed for eight nights”

Citadines Montmartre Paris
Ranked #607 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I loved Citadines Montmarte. It was PEACEFUL and the day was quiet . But the nights were very noisy. For families a little TOO noisy 12 pm onwards , but I would recommend it for the location and the staff.

Meenakshi Devi
From Rajasthan .India.

Room Tip: I stayed with my family in Room 208. Try and take a room which does not Face the front , as it ver...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RoyalKishangarh101
Cecile-Cit-Mont, Responsable réception at Citadines Montmartre Paris, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay. I will share your compliments with my colleagues. As you have seen, Citadines Montmartre is located in a vibrant quarter in downtown Paris.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I searched long and hard for an affordable place in Paris that my family could share to thus keep the cost down. For two nights this placed worked well. Longer than two nights the apartment room probably would have been to small for my parents and myself, but it worked well for our means. Room was nice enough, except for an awful smell from the refrigerator, but it wasn't a big deal. What I liked most was the location. It was quiet down that side street even though the Moulon Rouge was just a few buildings down. Area has a lot of restaurants and nice streets and the cemetery is cool as well. Easy walk to one of two metro stops and just a few stops into town. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Unit312J
Cecile-Cit-Mont, Responsable réception at Citadines Montmartre Paris, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citadines Montmartre as your accommodation during your holiday in Paris. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable residents are satisfied with our service.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was a good value hotel right near moulin rouge and Montmartre. The staff were helpful and there was public transport nearby. It's a little bit out of the way of good eateries but the rooms are very clean and well equipped.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback which will be shared with the team at Citadines Montmartre. Your feedback motivates us to do better to ensure that our residents have a warm and pleasant experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed at the Citadines Montmartre at Easter for five nights. The location was really good - close to the Metro, walkable into the centre, a choice of restaurants, urban supermarkets and bakeries for fresh bread and croissants nearby.
It was our first time at a Citadines and we were not disappointed in any way. We have daughters aged 9 and 13 and the room was clean, comfortable (they loved the sprung sofa beds!), with plenty of room and all the facilities you could need. The roof garden provided great views over the city particularly the Sacre Coeur and the Eiffel Tower, especially when dark.
Best of all was the customer service - absolutely terrific.
We had two concerns when we booked about noise in the evenings and the 'night' life around the Moulin Rouge (literally around the corner). We were not disturbed at all during the evening/night by noise and although there were a number of 'sex shops' in the Moulin Rouge area it had no impact on our enjoyment and we felt totally safe walking after dark with the children.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin B

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

We hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed as a family of five over the New Year period.We had booked a one bedroom apartment and a studio through our travel agent for five nights.On arrival we were given two studio apartments and a rollaway bed which was squeezed into the room. It took three nights after continual asking to get what we had payed for. When we asked on the third day a new girl at the desk was very perplexed as to why we had not been given our original room as it had been available all along. Infuriating. We were given breakfast free of charge for the next 2 nights, however was little compensation after a frustrating (and crowded) first few nights. We also had the power go out after we used the toaster.The power was still off when we returned that night even though we had informed staff that morning. However the most disappointing thing was the smell of urine and sewerage coming from the toilet, which I might add was an echo chamber. At night you could hear people next door using the toilet-and it wasn't just the sound of it flushing, On a positive note, the position was excellent, comfortable beds, close to metro, Montmatre, Moulin Rouge and Sacre Coeur. Overall, we would not stay here again and was very disappointing as it was our first trip to Paris and not at all what we expected.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank EllyMegs
Cecile-Cit-Mont, Responsable réception at Citadines Montmartre Paris, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Hello,

I am truly sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. While we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction, regrettably, on this occasion, we have fallen short of our key objective. I therefore wish to extend to you my sincere apologies.

I would like to assure you that I have personally addressed this issue with the staff concerned and will ensure that he/she receives the necessary guidance to perform a much better role moving forward to avoid a recurrence of this incident.

Unfortunately, there is no way of recreating the past or reversing the unpleasant incident you experienced. However, I can assure you that we value your feedback and your feedback has been utilised to improve our service and communication.

Once again, please accept our apologies and do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance to you anytime.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The location is good if you want to stay fairly close to Montmartre/ Sacre Coure and it's 2 minutes away from the Moulin Rouge if you're interested in going there. Our apartment was also spotless- very clean and you are given all the utensils you need for self-catering.

However I have only given 3 stars because of the following reasons.
1) There is no sound insulation or silencers on the doors. We were woken early on both mornings by doors slamming and the scraping of furniture from the flat above us when it was being cleaned. Not great if you want to sleep in in the mornings.

2) The desperate up selling. When we arrived to check-in the guy on reception made a real point quite a few times of telling us we didn't have a double-bed because the rooms were full, so we could only have 2 singles, unless we upgraded.

We were disappointed as we'd specifically booked a room with a double bed, as well as a balcony. For €25 per night we could get a premium studio with a double bed and a patio on to the gardens, and breakfast. He showed us pictures of the studio and said it's much better and that the couple before us had just upgraded because it's a better option. It did seem good but why should I have to pay for an upgrade just because the hotel was unable to provide the room I booked? We asked if they could push the beds together but he said no, that they needed advanced notice if a double bed is required, and because of all the bookings they couldn't put the beds together for us beforehand. I was picturing a room with beds miles apart that can't be moved. I told him I wasn't very happy but he kept trying to upsell us a 'better' room, which got a bit much after a while and I said no we'd stick with the room we had. So we went up to the room and were surprised to see it was actually very small, with two singles next to each-other and nothing in between them- so effectively a double bed. Nowadays in a hotel it's normal for a double bed to actually be two singles pushed together. There wasn't even enough space for the beds to be apart! If he hadn't mentioned anything about the beds I wouldn't have cared at all.
We then didn't have a balcony which he didn't tell us, so I went downstairs and asked if we could have a room with a balcony. He said no, they were booked up, 'unless you upgrade to the premium studio'. It was then obvious to me that he had only been making such a big deal of the 'single' beds just to get us to upgrade make more money.
They must get commission for the number of upgrades they do. We also noticed during our stay that the hotel was not full, or even close to it.

BTW our room overlooked the 'gardens' which were nothing more than a patch of grass and in the shadow of a massive wall opposite. In the end our room was much better than we were led to believe as we could at least get a bit of sun, except having no balcony.

3) Dodgy groups hanging around the entrance which is unsettling when arriving or leaving the hotel, especially at night

I wouldn't go back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ahoysissy
Cecile-Cit-Mont, Responsable réception at Citadines Montmartre Paris, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Sir,

As I said you by email, I would like to assure you that I have personally addressed this issue with the staff concerned and I have ensured that he received the necessary guidance to perform a much better role moving forward to avoid a recurrence of this incident.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your future bookings, so that I can personally look after your stay.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Was a little apprehensive after reading a couple of reviews. Happy to say my stay was without any issues what so ever. Staff speak very good English and where very helpful in directions and advice when I needed to find my way anywhere. I was a little worried when my room had no bed, just a sofa bed, but it was as comfy as any bed I have slept on. Did not have the breakfast, so I can not comment. Free coffee and yummy hot chocolate available in the lobby 24/7. Would stay again

The peep show people can be a pain for a single male, if you walk on the traffic island in the middle of the road you get a better view of everything without the harassment.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo