2,785 results
All reviews moulin rouge sacre coeur place de clichy privilege room eiffel tower metro station sex shops the red light district separate toilet modern hotel coffee machine short walk lots of restaurants superior room mini fridge breakfast room around the corner
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed at the Mercure Sacre Coeur for 5 nights in Feb 2014. The hotel is very clean and modern and checking in was easy as the staff spoke great English and were really helpful. We stayed in one of the privilege rooms on the eighth floor which gave us a nice view of the Eiffel tower. The room was really big for a hotel in the city center of Paris and the king sized bed was so comfy. The rooms came with complimentary drinks and toiletries which were replenished daily. The only thing I would say that let the room down in my opinion is that the bathroom and sink were in a separate room to the toilet, which I found strange. There is a safe in these rooms that would certainly fit most iPads and laptops of normal size. We had a complimentary breakfast for 3 days of our stay in the hotel restaurant. The breakfast was nice, mainly consisted of french pastries but there was also fresh fruit, yogurts and few hot items. The metro line (M2 and M13) stops at Place de Clichy which is just minutes from the hotel so the location is great.
A few people have commented that the hotel is in a bit of a seedy area being in Montmartre and so close to Moulin Rouge but please don't be put off. In 6 days we didn't feel unsafe or worried in our area at all and felt completely comfortable. We didn't go wandering around the back alleys of Montmarte however, I've heard that's not the safest thing to do!

Tip - if you're staying for more than 4 nights and thinking of going to Disneyland/or using the train to go from the airport to the hotel, buy the navigo decouvert sermaine pass. Its 35 euros (if you havent bought one before you need to take a passport photo and pay 5 euros on top for the card) and you can only get it from Mon to Thurs but it is such good value for money as you can use any metro or RER services. In my opinion it would be much better value than buying a carnet of 10 tickets as you'd find you'd use them very quickly. Paris is huge, so even though we walked A LOT, sometimes you did have to use the metro.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeccyC1990
Eric_Rochedy, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Beccy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review regarding your stay among us.
A huge thanks for setting the record straight about our area and Montmartre!

Indeed, as you wrote it is cheaper to buy a Navigo Pass to get around in Paris.

We are all looking forward to welcome you very soon!

General manager

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Fairly bland business hotel. The location is OK near the Place Clichy metro station (line 2). Still some distance to the centre and other attractions. My room was quite but on the small side on the 6. floor. I guess its faily typical french. Seems like a popular place for asian tour operators.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting a comment on TripAdvisor. Our rooms are around 25 square meters which is large for Paris. We thank you for mentioning our good location near the metro station "Place de Clichy" with the lines 2 and 13. Both lines permit to get everywhere in Paris. For exemple, you can get the Eiffel Tower or the Champs Elysées in 20 minutes.
We hope to be pleased of welcoming you soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Spent 4 days in this hotel last fall in my first visit to Paris. As I did not know the city, I did not know the location but a friend had recommended the area. The hotel is perfectly located about 1/2 a block fro the Place de Clichy train station. The hotel seems recently renovated. The room was large, king size bed, good linens, and nice bathroom. The bathtub was a little weird as it had a glass door that covered only half of the tub length. So no matter how careful I was, there was water all over. Otherwise, I can't complaint. There was buffet breakfast included. Plenty of food: from eggs, to fruits, croissants, different bread types, cereals, juices, coffee, etc.... Very satisfied. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I loved the location. 1+ blocks down the road was the Moulin Rouge. Sacre Coeur church was within walking distance. 15 min I would say. The neighborhood is great. There were restaurants and bars in the same block opened till late hours. I got a great rate. I would definitively would go back!

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

All the team of the Mercure Paris Montmartre is pleased to read your comment on TripAdvisor and thanks you!

We are all looking forward to welcome you very soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I booked this hotel for a trip to paris with friends. I was quite worried after reading some of the negative reviews on tripadvisor. I don't know where some of these people stayed as this hotel bears no resemblance to the gripes and complaints that some guests left. We all found the hotel wonderful, staff were pleasent, decor and rooms were modern and extremely clean and the location was perfect. We have stayed in lots of hotels in Paris and we would definitely stay here again and recommend it to everybody.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Eileen W
Eric_Rochedy, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Eileen,
Thank you so much for you very kind review. Your satisfaction is our best reward and it is very encouraging for all our team!
We are all looking forward to welcome you very soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Very large room. Close to Montmarte the Sacre Coeur Church the artists locations. We did not get a wake up call one morning which caused major panic. We enjoyed Versailles immensely.
The Eiffel Tower lived up to its bad rep re getting to the top as Elevators we none existant.
We did enjoy the restaurant

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank OttawaBoater

Dear Guest,
We are sorry for missing your wake-up call and we beg you to accept our apologies. We have well noted this mistake and we will be very vigilant to avoid it in the near future.
Thank you for mentioning that you enjoyed the size of our room, our Lounge Bar and our location!
We are all looking forward to welcome you very soon.
Eric Rochedy