We chose this hotel based solely on the reviews in Trip Advisor and thankfully, we were not disappointed!
+The reception staff was very accommodating and cheerful, he let us checked in early (barely 10am!!) and gave us late chck out rate of 50 euros (to be paid on the day of the check out).
+The room/ toilet was spacious and clean. coffee/tea facility with 1 bottled water (on 1st day only) was a welcome treat for a budget hotel.
+ Hotel was close to Blanche metro station- blue metro line (opp the Moulin Rouge). Lots of restaurants and fast foods in the vicinity. We did the walking tour of Montmartre with Chris which was fun.
Note: if you plan to do some serious museum hopping, better stay in area close to the yellow metroline to cut the travel /connectivity time (but Paris metro is so convenient and tourist info at all stations were very helpful). Hotel is 30 minutes or more away from the airport (you should leave at least 3 hours or more for your departure flight as traffic was horrible at 6-7pm).
+/- Breakfast option was limited and the same items for all 3 days(scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancake) but it was ok. Alteast it was buffet and included in our room package.
- The adaptor was not readily available even after 1 day of waiting, so we ended up buying our own in store nearby for 9 euros, as our iphones were already dead from taking too many photos of Paris (1st timers). Wifi was free w/c was a definite plus factor (althou you have to connect again and again).
+ hotel staffs were friendly and accommodating.
+ late check out at 50 euros (till 6pm) which was reasonable (althou this other reception guy insisted that it shld be 80 euros, we informed him that his colleague gave that rate when we checked in) and he let us w/o much fuss.
- since its nov, the hotel ac was off and they have the heater on, so we have to open the window for air. you can hear the noise and the traffic (4th floor) but it was tolerable.
Overall, we had a great experience and stay. Keep it up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot of Sacré Coeur, close to the Moulin Rouge and the Haussmann-Opéra district's stores, the Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacré Coeur hotel offers spacious and modern rooms. Perfect for business travel or romantic weekends in Paris, the hotel is within easy reach of the Gare du Nord station, St Lazare train station, the metro and the main tourist attractions such as the Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysées, the La Défense business district, Carrefour Pleyel and the Stade de France ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris Montmartre Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Montmartre