“Worst hotel in Paris!”

Hotel Aladin
Ranked #1,533 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
“Worst hotel in Paris!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel it's so bad! Don't ever come here! As an Italian I'm very shock! They even cancelled my booking even when already paid. They don't care about anything ! I ask for directions and they say sorry I don't speak English very well!! Omg so pissed. :(

Stayed March 2014
6 Thank Matc26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were given room 15 at Hotel Aladin. There were small but noticeable red stains on the sheets. The room smelt terribly of cigarette smoke. I do not mean the subtle smell one often finds in hotel rooms everywhere. I mean an extremely strong pungent smell like being inside a smoker’s room making it difficult to breathe. I went to reception to ask them if there is something that can be done. The receptionist came upstairs with an anti-tobacco spray. It sprayed very little as the bottle was almost empty. We tried opening the windows but this did not air the smell. The next morning I told the receptionist that the room smelt very bad of cigarette smoke. The receptionist on this shift said that the cleaners would try remove the smell on our return. We returned home that day our room and found that neither had our beds been made nor had anything been done about the smell—it was as strong as the previous night. I went to reception again and we were given another room, room 19. This room was much better and did not smell of cigarette smoke. However, that night, my partner noticed that what she had thought to be mosquito bites were bed bug bites, consistent with the red stains found on the sheets of room 15, as mentioned above. It took 4 weeks for my partner’s bites to disappear and made the rest trip uncomfortable as she was bitten on her face as well. I agree with the other comments that the staff were helpful: they did try to rectify the problem when I advised them. I also agree that the location is good being close to shops and transport. Had we been given room 19 from the start, I would have given this hotel a good rating. However, in room 15, where the pungent smell of cigarette smoke was intense, feeling as though we were suffocating, and the bed bugs bites my partner received, means I would strongly advise anyone to either: choose another hotel or, if staying at this hotel, ensure that there are no red stains on the sheets or stay in a room other than room 15.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jordan1123

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Heidelberg
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I cannot share the extremely negative comments written about Aladin Hotel. Maybe outdated? Having spent 4 nights in the Hotel, we found it clean and comfortable. Our room was quiet and clean - small, but comfortable enough to spend the nights. Also the bathroom was clean and comfortable (renovated?). Really friendly and helpful staff. To leave the baggage at the Hotel in order to spend the last few hours before departure without, was no problem at all.
Positive also the neighbourhood with cafes, restaurants, even supermarket around the corner. And only appr. 10 minutes footwalk to the next Metro station. And, safe enough at night to get back to the Hotel on foot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ute K
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Reviews on this site led me to be a bit worried about booking here. My experience greatly exceeded expectations. Yes, the room was small and a bit threadbare. There were places where the wall paper needed repair. At the same time it was clean and serviceable. The staff was friendly, but they spoke only minimal English. Be prepared to use your French or to point and mime.

The location is on a quiet residential street with good access to the metro. The neighborhood seems safe, even after 11:00 PM.

For the price I paid, this was as much as I wanted. I would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
9 Thank M_Risjord
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 25, 2011

The hotel was managed by a very grouchy and cross gentelman, who refused to help us with any information regarding our pre booking.

The rooms were dingy and smelly with almost no lighting. The only good thing was close proximity to the metro station, about 500 ms walk. The "free wi-fi" did not work during our 3 day stay.

Use the hotel only if you are on a shoe string budget!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank musafir11
Oslo
Reviewed October 10, 2010

My prepaid voucher was canselled the day before arrivel, without giving me a message. No apologise from the unfriendly staff when I arrived at midnight. Stay away from this poor, dirty an unfriendly cheaters"

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank AndreKorsaksel
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed September 13, 2010

for travelers on tight budget. close to a train station, 1 train ride to the airport.

Stayed February 2010, traveled solo