“Week in Paris with parents”

Mercure Paris Bercy Bibliotheque
Ranked #339 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Paris, France
“Week in Paris with parents”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I joined my parents at the is hotel for a week. There was refurbishments taking place and scaffolding circling the building. I asked if this would cause us concern and the reception assured me that it would not, however it was slightly unnerving to have men walking about outside my bedroom window; This I accept but it would have been nice if the hotel had been more upfront, they seemed surprised that I was concerned. Some of the staff were lovely, unfortunately some were rather cold and I felt as if they were doing me a favour by talking to me, they did not all have the correct attitude towards clients who were paying high prices for the joy of staying in their hotel. We did not eat breakfast in the hotel it was terribly expensive and there were plenty of small cafes around which were more reasonable. I thought that the view of the metro would be terrible when I booked and I nearly did not book the hotel when I realised what the view would be, but in fact it was fun watching the Parisians running to get metros and to feel the general excitement of town living. There was no noise at all penetrating through the windows and we all slept well on the comfy beds. The decoration was modern and I liked it, the bathroom was great too.Plenty of towels & soap.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank vi0let17
Lynda L, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Bercy Bibliotheque, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
By giving your comments, you have taken the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel, and we thank you.
I do apologize for some of the disappointments described
The renovations going on should have stopped at the end of May, but have been delayed.
We well notice that the hotel suits you and we hope to welcome you again - be assured that we will have solved the issues you experienced.
Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This small Mercure hotel is located opposite Metro station Quai de la Gare and ten minutes walk from Gare d'Austerlitz, which is why I selected it, needing to catch a train to Orleans next morning. First impressions were not good as the hotel is shrouded with scaffolding at present with renovations proceeding. My single room on the third floor was small, the bathroom very small. It has been recently refurbished in a contemporary manner with good quality fittings and fixtures. It was ready early in the morning and very welcome after arriving by plane and train from Australia.
The check in was friendly and efficient. There is free wifi in the rooms, a must these days; a the tea making facilities and free bottled water were welcome, but paper cups and glasses spoiled this somewhat. There are a few restaurants nearby and a very good patisserie next door. I had a very good buffet breakfast in the busy hotel breakfast room. The hotel is very close to the Seine; just beyond Gare d'Austerlitz is the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle- set in fascinating Jardins des Plantes, a botanical smorgasbord; Notre Dame is about twenty minutes walk up stream and the Musee du Cluny, the Pantheon and the vast Jardin du Luxembourg are within reach of capable walkers. The metro puts all of Paris within reach.

Room Tip: Probably all are ok. Check on the progress of renovations, but I was not inconvenienced.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Thomas M
Lynda L, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Bercy Bibliotheque, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
We thank you for your comments and all the details you brought .
We wiil be glad to welcome you again when you will come back to Paris.
Best regards
Gencay, France
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was here for a few nights in october 2013 and although the area has little charm the hotel faces a metro on the ligne 6, which makes it very practical for geting to most places in the city.
The hotel itself is clean, the service is good and the rooms ok.
The front gives on to a fairly busy road so it is best to ask for a room at the back or on a side street.
there are copule of nice bistros next door (See Lily et Marcel) and you are within 5 minutes waliking distance from Bercy, so not bad really.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back or on a side street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank lcg09
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Most comfortable bed I have slept in for a long time. Staff helpful. Good all round experience, breakfast choice was very good although a bit expensive, great for the Bercy stadium, which is what we were in Paris for, would stay here again.

Room Tip: We where upgraded to premier room on the top floor away from the road and any noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple