“Not bad for overnight stay”
Review of Europe Liege Hotel

Europe Liege Hotel
Ranked #1,527 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 23, 2010

My husband and I spent 8 nights in this hotel. The best thing was its location - just 1 minute from Liege metro station (it's closed at 8 pm only on sunday) and about 30 min walk to the city centre (Louvre etc). Our room was very small and old-furnished and there was a nasty smell from the bathroom (guess they should clean the sewage system), however, the room was clean, the chambermaid changed bed sheets and towels every day, there was a hair dryer in the room, so it was ok to spend only nights there. Breakfast was rather small, but it was enough for us. There's no restaurant in this hotel, but it's surrounded by lots of cafes (most of them provide free wi-fi) and several shops, so it's not a problem to find something to eat. Sure, it's not the best hotel, but it's not bad for its price when you need only a place for spending nights in Paris.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SuperHomyak
There are newer reviews for Europe Liege Hotel

Reviewed October 21, 2008

I stayed for a long weekend in paris.

The hotel was convieniently located - close to large station Gare St Lazare and also tube station 2 mins away - Liege.
Walking distance to main shops Galeries Lafayette etc.

Hotel room was basic - very old furniture. Small room -no air conditioning. Bathroom and sheets clean.

We were on 7th floor away from traffic. Lift stop going to our floor and so had to walk down to 6th floor.

Breakfast was very basic - maid not so friendly. We passed up second day.

Reception was very friendly and staffed 24 hours.

Would recommend if on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 22, 2007

We spent a week in this hotel in October. It's OK for several days, but we were tired of it after a week's stay. The main problems were very little space, shabby furniture and very narrow beds. The bed gave me a strange feeling lying on oil-cloth. I discovered the reason is a plastic-like lining which they put between the mattress and the bed-sheet. Also, the number of towels brought by the maid was unpredictable - from 3 to 6. The funny thing is while they changed towels daily, they broght soapbars only twice during the week. And never vacuumed the room or changed bed-sheets. Still, things could be worse. The breakfast was much better then we expected, and the breakfast area is rather pleasant. The location of hotel is very convenient. The street is rather quiet.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank JazzisParis
Reviewed September 2, 2007

This is a small and unpretentious hotel, well located for a short visit to Paris. It is some 50 yards from the exit of the Liege Metro Station, which is decorated with splendid tile-pictures of the city of Liege and its environs. (Even if you’re not staying at this hotel it's worth stopping briefly at the Liege station to view these pictures, which must be unique on the Metro). We stayed three nights – for which the hotel was adequate, but it would be unsuited to a longer stay. Our room was small and the bathroom smaller still, and the single small window opened out on to an air shaft of about ten feet square - which shielded us from street noise but not from that of other guests. Had the outside temperature been higher then it would have been unbearably hot in the absence of air-conditioning. The bed, the room, and the hotel overall, were clean. The taps for the shower were wrongly labelled – blue for hot and red for cold – but once we worked that out the shower was acceptable. The TV carries five French terrestrial channels only and no international news channels, which can make a visitor feel isolated from happenings elsewhere. The hotel has no restaurant, which is not a drawback since there are numerous opportunities for eating out in the vicinity – but a basic continental breakfast is provided in the basement from 0730 to 1000 hrs. The staff both at the reception and at breakfast were friendly and helpful. In summary this hotel is acceptable for a long weekend visit (ours was part of a package deal with Eurostar) outside the warm season. The Madeleine is ten minutes walk away, the Concorde fifteen minutes, the Louvre thirty minutes, and the close proximity of the Liege Metro Station makes all of Paris easily accessible by public transport.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Isidore
Reviewed November 27, 2006

In Paris, like in many european capitals, hotel rooms tend to be small, however i booked a single room and found the size to be perfectly adequate for myself.
The Europe Liege is only a few steps away from Liege Metro station, which provides transport links to all of Paris.
There are many restaurants and bars close by.
The room was pleasant and very clean, however could do with a lick of paint, my room was on the 4th floor overlooking the main street at the front.
Staff were very friendly and spoke some English, and my only problem would be the lack of air conditioning, during a particularly warm september in the city. My room also included a TV, Telephone and radio, and staff were happy to arrange a Taxi for me to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
4  Thank Andy1159
Reviewed December 12, 2005

The only positive thing about Europe Liège is its location! Otherwise everything else was below my expectations. The description and photos available on the Internet regarding this hotel are highly misleading. The rooms and bathroom are really tiny, the curtains and windows were dusty and the furniture in poor state. Moreover, the street nearby is very noisy all day and night, making it very hard to have a nice rest. I was there in summer and suffered a lot from the heat in that tiny room, especially with no fan or air-conditioning. So much I love Paris, so much I wanted to leave that place as soon as possible. I would definitely not return there and would not recommend the hotel to anybody.

6  Thank solagratia1
Reviewed November 2, 2005

O.K. we went just as Haloween approached, but we did not expect so much trick, and so little treat!
Firstly the reception staff were excellent, the rooms, though small were clean and adequate, and despite warnings we were able to recharge our cell phones and digital camera.
The breakfasts were tiny, the smallest I have ever seen on the continent, and although the croissant ( singular ) was good the bread roll was Tough. The coffee was too weak for me, but that is a personal thing.
However, on the second morning a guy arrived at breakfast and collected two fruit juices, one for his partner who was on her way. The breakfast maid tried to take one away from him, thinking that had the temerity to take TWO for himself, and did not listen to his explanations.
Just after ten on the departure day I was in the reception area when my wife went back to our room, when, in came the Chambermaid. The same one from breakfast, and although rooms are to be vacated by mid-day she evicted my wife. She then told the guy on reception what had happened and he got on the phone to the maid. He then said things were now OK. We went back to check that we had not left anything, but the maid was still there, still defiant, still not listening.
So she did not get a gratuity, and that was the only way we could show how we felt.
Will we go back? She scared me so much I do not know if I will go back to Paris!

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank Patbermac
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
New Hotel Saint Lazare
Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Amiot Hotel
Amiot Hotel
#1,589 of 1,804 in Paris

Been to Europe Liege Hotel? Share your experiences!