Mayflower Hotel
$230
$163
$149
  • Restaurant
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$164
$1,162
$564
$503
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgeorge vchamps elyseesmetro stationcroissantsperfect locationquiet streetparis tripnice bathroomfew minutes walkclean roomsreception staffstayed here for nightstriumpharchsightseeing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We stayed at the Mayflower Hotel in September 2009. It was in a great location just across from the Tuilleries Garden, not far from the Place de Concorde and a metro stop. The hotel was very clean, the room was a good size, bathroom was well appointed. The bed was comfortable. We had a room facing the front of the hotel and there always seemed to be something going on in the building across the street. It was mildly disruptive but nothing serious. We ate breakfast there one morning. They had a good selection and the food was tasty. The staff at the hotel was very accomodating. They made phone calls for us to make restaurant reservations, wake up calls, and advised on internet access issues in English - a plus for my husband and I who took a crash course in French but had a very limited vocabulary. All in all we were very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

It was a nice small hotel. The rooms were small as in most hotels in Paris.
The staff was very nice and kind.
The hotel was Good. Rating the hotel I could not rate it Very Good so consider the Average to be Good.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed December 24, 2009

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed December 19, 2009

We are Americans and this was our first trip to Europe. The hotel was pretty much what we expected to find for the money in Paris. Great location for this price. . . so close to the Champs Elysees, Metro stops, Arc de Triomphe. Free hi-speed internet was very helpful to stay in touch back home. Since we spent very little time in the room, the room size was adequate for a short stay. The furnishings, bedding and carpets could use a bit of updating. The Lobby is attractive enough, but, not nearly as attractive as the pictures on their website. Ditto for the rooms. The ones that I saw aren't nearly as bright and cheery as the pictures they have on their website. The bathrooms were clean. The staff was polite. Leaving our room key at the front desk when we left and picking it up in the evening everyday took a little getting used to, but, wasn't a big deal. All in all, I would recommend for a short stay. Any longer than 3 or 4 days and you might start to feel a bit cramped.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChiGirl1977
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Location is perfect, the hotel is just 50metres from Avenue Champ-Elysees, and that's pretty it when it comes to advantages. When I arrived at the hotel it turned out that my room was not ready for me(!) They offered me to leave the luggage at the reception and be back in an hour or later... I was going to office so I was really pissed that I could not fresh myself up a bit and I had to repack myself in the reception. When I was after work in the evening same receptionist gave me a key and said that my lugagge was taken to the room (really the least they could do). Elevator remembers building of the Eiffel Tower i guess, really small and working like it did not want to... I was almost killed (lol) by the door to the room as they automatically close and they are quite heavy and I was carrying a bag in one hand and was not prepared for such a challenge. I had to struggle a bit to get into the really really small room. Big bed, old and detoriated furniture, small window... not the comfort I would expect from the hotel in the heart of the Paris. Door to the bathroom was a joke - painted white wooden boards that also close automatically - bathroom was not clean - there were some hair everywhere and there was no toilet paper - only some small tissues... The shower cabin is really small. There is a hairdrier. There was a fridge but i had to plug it myself to the power socket... Minibar with some liquids but no prices... LCD tv with some international channels and a wifi Internet is there but that's a standard... Bedding was another mistery - no quilt and pillows hidden in a wardrobe... two sheets and a blanket on the bed.... whatever. No kettle in the room, no tea/coffee. Restaurant is another joke - there is no restaurant. There is a dining room with 4 tables (for 2). Breakfast is a table with 1 (one) baguette, few boiled eggs, few yellow cheese slices, lots of butter, jam, honey (what for? I don't know), some yoghurts, some croissants, NO MEAT, some cornflakes, there is noone to asist with this breakfast. Once you go out of the hotel they demand you to leave the key in the reception - I didn't mind but it's kind of rude a bit. During the night there were some noises coming from the above of the room - like some engine working loudly.

If you expect nothing but a roof and a bed from the hotel - it's for you, especially because the location is perfect, but I'm affraid the location is all that hotel has to offer.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business