“Lovely stay at a great hotel”

Hotel Elysees Opera
Ranked #1,110 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
“Lovely stay at a great hotel”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked this hotel after reading the good reviews on this site and we were not disappointed. Very friendly staff who all speak excellent English and were very helpful in suggesting places to eat nearby and booking a shuttle service back to the airport etc. We booked a deluxe room which was on the top floor - very clean, had plenty of room, flat screen tv, desk and chair, safe and air-con at no extra charge. Very good location if you want to walk your way around Paris (which we did) but also very near the metro station if you don't. We didn't have breakfast included so can't comment on that - we just had pastries, fruit juice and coffees from the nearby boulangerie / patisseries at the top and bottom of the street. If we return to Paris and need a hotel we will definitely be booking here again and would recommend to anyone who is looking for a good value place to stay.

Room Tip: Deluxe room 503 was on the top floor and away from any street noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anniethub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel was perfect for what we were after. The room was comfy and liked the touch of having a welcome message on the tv screen when arriving. The breakfast was a good selection and was available betwenn 7:30 and 10:30 so no need to get up early!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I can not complain about my stay at the Elysees Opera. Comfortable room, the staff are attentive and helpful (they speak an English easy to understand for those who do not speak French), breakfast is satisfactory, beyond great location, close to four subway stations. I recommend it for those who, like me, looking for a good place to rest and recharge at the end of a good day's ride.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just been back from a long weekend in Paris with my brother. I wasnt expecting much from this hotel because I know you usually have to pay a fortune to stay in a decent hotel in a good area in Paris! But this exceeded my expectation, much to my surprise! Location was excellent - in between 2 metros (Rome and Place de Clichy) within 5mins walk, and have plenty choices for restaurants/cafes/patisseries around it. Staff were polite, helpful and accomodating (gave us twin room on request). Room was, although tiny, was cute, clean, fresh and had everything we need (including aircon, free wifi and a hairdryer!). Breakfast is also included in the room rate, although its basic continental, it was good enough and did the job to fuel us for the start of each busy day.

Only downside is the thin walls - you can hear the noise from next door - but because we were exhausted from all day sight-seeing , it didnt bother us as much and still had a good night's sleep!

Will stay here again when Im back in Paris next and will definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Double rooms have more room space and better lay out than twin rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2012

After arriving at the hotel at 10am we were immediately given a room (506). The staff at the hotel were polite and friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The room was an adequate size, it was cleaned and bedding was changed every day and towels replaced. The breakfast was reasonable and had something for everyone. The hotel was in a great location to all of paris and everything was in reach either on foot or by the metro. I would deffo stay at this hotel when i return to Paris!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine375
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a well located area then this hotel should be on your list. Stayed here 3 days due to good reviews and hence writing my own to back the claims up.

enjoyed the free wi-fi available in the rooms and the quiet surroundings of the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After reading the recent reviews I decided to book a room for July 2013, the rates were good and in the location I wanted. The rate I booked had no restrictions and only asked for a credit card as guarantee. The booking was confirmed then I received an email from the hotel stating that they had been unable to authorise the pre-authorisation of one nights stay. The card I had given is one I use for travelling and only load it up prior to departure. I asked the hotel to explain why they had tried to authorise the card as it is my understanding once this is done then that amount is held, something which I did not want this far in advance. In my 30 years of travel I have never known this to happen before (unless of course previously stated) After that followed what I can only describe as several rude responses. Something that I had noted from previous reviews, and in response to my email stating I would not recommend them, they're reply was we don't need your recommendation. This greatly disappointed me, however it feels like we have had a lucky escape. I hope that other travellers do not find the same.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple