“Surprisingly good hotel”

Hotel Elysees Opera
Ranked #1,132 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just been back from a long weekend in Paris with my brother. I wasnt expecting much from this hotel because I know you usually have to pay a fortune to stay in a decent hotel in a good area in Paris! But this exceeded my expectation, much to my surprise! Location was excellent - in between 2 metros (Rome and Place de Clichy) within 5mins walk, and have plenty choices for restaurants/cafes/patisseries around it. Staff were polite, helpful and accomodating (gave us twin room on request). Room was, although tiny, was cute, clean, fresh and had everything we need (including aircon, free wifi and a hairdryer!). Breakfast is also included in the room rate, although its basic continental, it was good enough and did the job to fuel us for the start of each busy day.

Only downside is the thin walls - you can hear the noise from next door - but because we were exhausted from all day sight-seeing , it didnt bother us as much and still had a good night's sleep!

Will stay here again when Im back in Paris next and will definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Double rooms have more room space and better lay out than twin rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Elysees Opera

Reviewed August 5, 2012

After arriving at the hotel at 10am we were immediately given a room (506). The staff at the hotel were polite and friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The room was an adequate size, it was cleaned and bedding was changed every day and towels replaced. The breakfast was reasonable and had something for everyone. The hotel was in a great location to all of paris and everything was in reach either on foot or by the metro. I would deffo stay at this hotel when i return to Paris!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine375
Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a well located area then this hotel should be on your list. Stayed here 3 days due to good reviews and hence writing my own to back the claims up.

enjoyed the free wi-fi available in the rooms and the quiet surroundings of the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After reading the recent reviews I decided to book a room for July 2013, the rates were good and in the location I wanted. The rate I booked had no restrictions and only asked for a credit card as guarantee. The booking was confirmed then I received an email from the hotel stating that they had been unable to authorise the pre-authorisation of one nights stay. The card I had given is one I use for travelling and only load it up prior to departure. I asked the hotel to explain why they had tried to authorise the card as it is my understanding once this is done then that amount is held, something which I did not want this far in advance. In my 30 years of travel I have never known this to happen before (unless of course previously stated) After that followed what I can only describe as several rude responses. Something that I had noted from previous reviews, and in response to my email stating I would not recommend them, they're reply was we don't need your recommendation. This greatly disappointed me, however it feels like we have had a lucky escape. I hope that other travellers do not find the same.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Karen B
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights over the tour de france weekend 2012. I booked a double for myself and boyfriend and a single for my mum. We arrived at 1pm and were able to check in straight away. It was my first visit to Paris and I was very impressed with the hotel and area.

Hotel - clean, very comfortable beds, my mum was given a double, even though we booked a single. TV with some english channels. powerful shower. air-con. friendly staff 24hrs on reception. room to leave luggage. safe in the room. Everything you could want in a city hotel. We didn't opt for breakfast as it was 13 euro and there are loads of cafes, bars and bakeries close by.

Area - about 5mins walk from the metro ( Leige or Place de Chichy ). About 15mins walk to Moulin rouge, however I'm glad we didn't stay in that area, as its was nosiy and scruffy. We had great weather so opted to walk into Paris rather than use the metro and it only took around 25mins.
Most nights we ate around the hotel area so we didn't have far to walk back or use the metro. There are many good restaurants within 1 - 5 mins walk which are cheaper than the more tourist areas. We felt very safe at night to walk around.

I would stay here again and recommend it to other, I booked through the hotels website and paid 86 euro a night which was excellent value. The hotel advertises the nightly rate at 165 euro plus in the reception, I wouldn't pay that per night, was very more than happy with 86 per night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank clare934
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the end of Jun. arrived at hotel midday and rooms were already prepared for us. Very comfortable rooms, nice shower rooms and safe provided for valuables.
Reception staff are very friendly and helpful making it a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed from 25th June 29thJune 2012. Had a nice time in Paris and would recommend this hotel. I would just like to say the staff at hotel are excellant, very helpful and kind. Our holiday nearly ended in disaster as our shuttle bus booked through hotels 4 u didnt turn up. The man at reception called for us and did everything he could to help us. We could get no answer from company and even the emergency number no reply. The man at reception then called several taxis and got us a taxi to take us to Beauvais, he even explained to taxi driver we were in a hurry and needed to get there as quickly as possile to make our flight. I would just like to say a big thankyou to the man who was working 29th June night time, we made our flight thanks to you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple