“It did what I needed for a one night business overnight”

Hotel Elysees Opera
Ranked #1,120 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My room had everything I needed for a business overnight: shower/bath, separate toilet, laptop safe, free in-room wifi that worked, TV. Pleasant staff.

Located in a quiet street not too far from several Metro stops.

Simple self-serve continental breakfast, and a bar. No restaurant.

My only small criticism was the room was a little cramped for the euro-twin beds; a less mobile person would struggle to navigate the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights on business, it was great - close to various metro stops (Place de Clichy, Rome, Villiers....), in a quiet but central area and not too far from Opéra if travelling in on the Roissybus. I don't think there's a business centre but there's free wifi (yay!) and a desk in the room if you need to get some work done. The breakfast was lovely, and I ate in a nice wee resto across the road called Le Percolateur, which was absolutely delicious and the staff were so friendly and helpful. I noticed there were a few more restaurants in the street including a Japanese and an Italian. Back to the hotel though, the staff were all very friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself was spotlessly clean. Nice breakfast with great coffee and lovely pastries, I would definitely recommend this hotel, both for a business stay or for leisure - if I was booking a hotel for a trip in Paris I wouldn't hesitate to consider the Elysées Opéra.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Very friendly, helpful staff. Very comfortable bed and good powerful shower, nice room, very modern. Overall a very good hotel to stay if you want to be near the Montmartre area, but not quite in it and near the underground for getting to other parts of Paris.

Room Tip: Our friends were on the top floor (or near the top floor) and had a balcony but we were happy with o...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2012

3 night eurostar break on great getaways - good price - central location - seemed reasonable. We were really pleased with the hotel - quiet - small rooms but really clean and a fine continental breakfast. reception staff were pleasant and helpfull. Hotel is in the upper half of Rue de Turin and within 10 mins walk of several tube stations. Best is Place de Clichy.
Le Percolateur bar/restaurant opposite do fine evening meals but book as its popular.
Wepler at Place de Clichy is a large upmarket restauant also fine. Supermarkets and KFC and McDonalds all around. Hotel is walking distance from Moulin Rouge and Montmarte. For a budget weekend to Paris it's a great place to stay and decent area. Book it!

Room Tip: We stayed in 501 - go for a high floor there's a lift. The road outside is not a main road so tr...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2012

First day receptionist welcoming not so good. Chap at reception was awkward with us. But the rest of the receptionist were very good. Room we had was not comforatable for us, could be air con or lack of air. Receptionist changed room for us from Deluxe to Superior free of charge. The only spolier was the first pompous male receptionist. Would have given 4 rating otherwise. (Don't go to Champs Elysees on New Years Eve - scary there and on trains)

Room Tip: Go by your instincts after the first night.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Onmyway T
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I booked a two night stay in November for my partners 40th birthday and wasn't disappointed.all the previous great reviews that made me chose this hotel are spot on. Fantastic location,immaculately clean rooms,fabulous service and gorgeous buffet breakfast. The hotel staff were friendly and did anything to help. We were arriving in Paris at 10 am,I emailed hotel ask if could leave our luggage,when got there the staff had made sure room was ready ! Can't wait to go back,walking distance to all sights,a gem of a place. Oh and down a quiet side street with sound proofed rooms!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank jobo1878
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night as a stopover on our way back home from CDG. It is very close to a metro stop (about 5 minutes walk but have a map with you as it is down quite a small street which is not immediately obvious). The service was excellent, we were unable to check in straight away as we arrived very early but they were happy to store our bags for us while we went and had breakfast, and still checked us in early as soon as a room was free.

The room was surprisingly spacious with a nice view, and the bed was very comfortable. There is a small bar downstairs, although I would recommend walking down the street to a nearby cafe/bar instead of sitting and drinking at the hotel unless you really don't wish to leave. I couldn't see many restaurants very close to the hotel, although we ate at a cafe just down the road which was nice, if you were here for longer than a night you would probably wish to venture further out for a restaurant.

This hotel was part of the Paris Shuttle service, so you could book the shuttle bus for a certain time and it would pick you up on its way through the city stopping at various hotels. I would recommend you book a taxi instead, it is only a little more expensive but you go straight to the airport, we ended up getting delayed by around 40 minutes because of thoughtless travellers who didn't bother to turn up on time, or turned up hungover, or generally made a lot of fuss throughout the journey trying to stop for coffee!

I would recommend this for a short stay, it is not cheap but nowhere in Paris seems to be!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple