“Good location”

New Hotel Roblin La Madeleine
Ranked #360 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely fine. Location and service. Only couple of comments: room was stuffy and linen is not great. Plus it is somewhat dusty. Hermes amenities were superb, but my bathroom sink didn't work properly. Hotel restaurant is pretty ordinary - would not recommend. Breakfast is very ordinary, but okay.

• Stayed: December 2012
Caroline_Antoun, Director at New Hotel Roblin La Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your observations which we consider and we will check each point you mentionned. Best regards.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a gem in Paris. Very Nice rooms, reception, personnel and restaurant. Very comfortable bathroom and bed, they gave us an upgrade so this was even a bigger plus. Only thing is that you have to pay a lot for parking and breakfast is expensive.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Manon066
Reviewed November 19, 2012

You really can't beat this place for the value, quality & location you are getting. Paris is flooded with hotels and it's hard to find a place that covers all the basics. Travelers usually over-pay for both high-end places and for the 'deals' they find. This place bucks that trend. Newly renovated, well styled hotel with a decent bar and restaurant, minutes walk from Concorde, Rivoli, Vendome. The rooms are a bit small but comfortable with excellent sleep quality. The bathrooms however are very large and modern - a very nice surprise actually, not promoted enough I feel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and not just by Paris standards, but by ANY standards. Free internet is also a plus. This hotel fits perfectly into that ever more elusive nook of what I want to pay and what I want to get in return. Top marks Roblin!

Room Tip: Interior room for sleep quality. Also the elevator is beautiful but small so perhaps a lower floor i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SSAASSHHAA
Caroline_Antoun, Directrice at New Hotel Roblin La Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments on the hotel and its location. It is a pleasure for us seeing our guests satisfied ! We hope to see you soon again at Newhotel. Yours sincerely.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in another hotel last time near this hotel in Paris in July. I passed by this hotel many times and thought I would give it a try this Dec. I booked the room thru hotel.com non refundable special rate and realized that the hotel has a better price within 24 hours after I booked it. I thought I would give hotels.com a call and they called the New Hotel Roblin but they refused to cancel my reservation. The price difference is over $300 total for my 6 nights stay!
I also called the hotel myself and explained the situation and told them that I will stay stay there but just have to cancel my hotels.com reservation and book from their website, but they refused to cancel my reservation even though it was within 24 hours. I thought this hotel is not very understanding and acts poorly when it comes to the customer service. I am totally disappointed even before I stay there!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kelly L
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Well positioned, minutes walk from the metro ( Madeleine) and some of the best shopping anywhere. Friendly, professional welcome, well appointed rooms (not overly large but more than adequate) with a very comfortable bed. Some noise in the morning with doors opening/shutting but nothing too problematic. Would happily return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for your comment. Hope seeing you soon again. Kind regards.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in the New Hotel Roblin in October 2012. This was our second stay at this very French, very friendly Hotel and we noticed that they have refurbished the rooms and the Lobby between visits. The new rooms are clean and stylish with a very comfortable bed and a trendy new bathroom. The standard room is not big but in France that's the norm. It's the wonderful location in the Place de la Maddelaine with a short walk to Place de la Concorde, the Gardens, 10 mins walk to the Louvre. The hotel is also right in the centre of some of the most spectactular Gourmet Food and Wine shops in Paris. The bar on the ground floor is small and comfy as is the Restaurant which serves great food. I highly recommend this Hotel as a truely French experience and a great intro to Paris.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior room looking down on the courtyard. Very quiet..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments. We hope welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is small, but very sophisticated. Our room was quite beautiful with a crystal chandelier and a large bathroom with a beautiful contemporary tub. Our breakfast in the hotel was buffet style with wonderful coffee, French Madeleines, and chocolate croissants. Heaven! My only complaint about this wonderful hotel is that our room was too HOT. Many of the people we were traveling with had this same complaint.

Room Tip: our room was on the main street and we had no problem with noise if the windows were closed, but the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Antoun, Director at New Hotel Roblin La Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Sir, we thank you for your comment and are pleased to satisfy you and hope we help you to spend a pleasant stay in Paris.