“Close to Champs-Elysees but still spacious & nice without costing the earth”

Rochester Champs-Elysees Hotel
Ranked #197 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've stayed in Paris a few times and have never had any luck finding a nice hotel. Hotel Rochester was a first. It's nice and I didn't have to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom. Admittedly I probably did pay more than I had previously but not a whole lot more and it was certainly worth it. They give you wifi for free which these days is a necessity for me. Breakfast was the usual continental style but there was plenty of it and it all seemed fresh.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
FRONTENACParis, Propriétaire at Rochester Champs-Elysees Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I organised a hen party for 18 people and the hotel were simply amazing throughout. I was liaising with them frequently beforehand and they were so helpful and accommodating with all my requests. The simply went above and beyond my expectations.

The location is perfect, a 5 minute walk to the Champs Elysee, a quick 15 minute cab ride from Gare du Nord, 2 minutes from the nearest Metro.

The reception desk manned in the evening by Cemel was a treat! He was so very nice, helpful and hilarious! He ensured we were well looked after by the taxi drivers, gave us advise for shopping, bars and clubs.

The concierge desk was also great. They recommended so many great restaurants near the hotel and helped to organise these also.

The rooms and hotel in general are lovely, everything is very tidy, neat and new. Plenty of space, great bathroom and the views were stunning. One of the best things for us as a large group was the breakfast - it was open until 2pm, amazing!!! The quality of the foods were very good, delicious fresh boulangerie items, fresh fruit, meats etc, we could not fault it.

We all said we would definitely stay there on our next visit to Paris!

Room Tip: As for a room with an attached suite or balcony with a view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Katerina L

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have traveled to Paris many times ofver the years and stayed in many hotels. I now travel to Paris reguarly for business. Each of the hotels I have stayed in has its charms (it is Paris afterall) but my favorite is Hotel Rochester. First and foremost is is clean and well-located (near the Champs Elysees and within walking distance of the Tullieries, and shopping at Galleries Lafayette. But there is more -- the rooms are larger than average, the in-room WiFi works, the breakfast is substantial and the service friendly. This my new home away from home.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lana S

Reviewed December 16, 2012

2 nights for my girlfriend's birthday. there are plenty of restaurants and bars around and it's a very short walk to the train station. We asked to be upgraded and they did (hint ). The rooms are not cheap but they do look after you well. I ordered a cake to be delivered to our room and had the concierge sing happy birthday. It's funny and a little quirky. We even had wine delivered compliments of the manager.

Overall, clean and friendly staff. Sauna and spa areas are a nice surprise and are included as part of the room.

Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and the location is good if you loves to shop at Champs Elysees.

Out of the location, inside the hotel room, the mattress and pillows are nice and comfortable. But other than that, all things are old and not so tidy.

The highest rate I will give to this hotel (Excellent in Service) is the 2 helpful and friendly Concierge staffs, Huy and Nedim. They are so helpful and nice to us and this is the only thing I will consider my next trip back to Paris will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clara Pet C
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My first time in PARIS and I had the pleasure of staying at The Rochester

The good - its a beautiful hotel, in the best location with the best beds ever!

The bad -

1. It took 30 mins to get a bucket of ice after calling twice.
2. Stains on the ottoman and chair.
3. Mini-bar was not replenished during our stay
4. Had to call to get salt and pepper for my room service scrambled eggs - should have been delivered in the first place! - eggs now cold.
5. upon check out was given an amount verbally - no printout - seemed right to me, so said go ahead - bill was put in an envelope - but now I am home - I see it just has an amount - no detail - nothing.
6. slow service in the lounge upstairs - waive and they will ignore you. :)

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa k
FRONTENACParis, Directeur général at Rochester Champs-Elysees Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review and thank to it we can always try to more and more improve our services at the Hotel Rochester Champs Elysees.
We remain at your disposal concerning your bill, please contact us directly at the following mail hotel@hrochester.com, and we will be please to send you your bill with all details neeeded.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and All the Best for 2013!!

Do not hesitate to contact for any further information you may need,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our second visit. Hotel well located for the Champs Elysses and Paris in general. Reception welcoming enthusiastic and informative. Hotel spotless and well maintained. Bedroom large and comfortable. Well located close to metro and bus. Good but not outstanding breakfast served until 2pm.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple