“Good 4 stars hotel close to Foubourg”

Hotel Etoile Saint-Honore by HappyCulture
Ranked #357 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel at one of their privilege room located at the back tower which is big in size with nice modern touches. Seen complaints about the size of the room but that might be the classic room that is smaller in size. Havent got chance to try on their breakfast as the rate paid for didnt come with breakfast. Location is not too far from metro Charles De Gaulle-Etoile and it is about 15 mins walking to Rue Honor (the shopping area). There is one big window on room 523 that opens up to view part of the eiffel tower view. Staffs were mostly helpful especially the young front desk guy that works on morning shift who i forgot to take down his name. Highly recommend the privilege room which is really big in size for Paris standard.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the eiffel tower
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank HY C
Marco C, Directeur général at Hotel Etoile Saint-Honore by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Huan Yin,

What a great pleasure reading your comment and seeing that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you found our privilege room well appointed and comfortable. This represents a good extra motivation on our daily efferts for making our customers happy.

I will be pleased to share your comment with my team and especially with Pascal which you were mentioning.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and do not hesitate to share it with your friends and family; we will be honored to receive them with us too.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed for two night here on a brief midweek trip to Paris. We arrived at 1400hrs for check in, their stated time, to be told that out room was not ready. This was a bad start. We were sat in the lobby where we were left for three quarters of an hour before we pestered them to be told our room was ready.

Staff were nice enough but leaving customers sat in a lobby for three quarters of an hour is a bit hopeless. Customers are there to see the city! Not the hotel!!

Once in our room it was clear, reasonably sized and adequate. Though the drinks in the minibar were free, they were all sugary - please offer some diet drinks! In the room the bed was fine, the decor fine and for what we paid we had no complaints. What was interesting is that the shower had a glass partition which did not close the shower and nowhere to hang a towel. This led to us turning the bathroom floor into a swimming pool whenever we took a shower. Not good. Also, the walls to the rooms are paper thin. We could hear conversations going on next door. Not a murmur, we could make out the words. Thankfully we had reasonable neighbours who went to bed at a normal hour without incident!

We didn't know that breakfast and a buffet dinner were included but were glad that they were. They were nice and we were able to fill up before we went out. That was a nice touch.

The location is within walking distance for us of most of the main attractions. The price was very reasonable indeed and the rooms were clean. Staff were friendly and the included food was a bonus.

The hotel is nothing special, the walls are paper thin and the upstairs looks a bit dilapidated. The aircon didn't work either.

I wouldn't stay here again because paper thin walls means we take a gamble on not having noisy neighbours.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no interconnecting door. The room we could hear was the interconnecting room, we...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Marco C, Directeur général at Hotel Etoile Saint-Honore by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Pete J,

Greetings from Paris!

We would like to thank you for your feedback which will help us improve and fix our service and product in order to meet your expectations next time.

We are extremely sorry to learn that you were able to get your room only at almost 3 pm. Unfortunately the hotel was barely fully boooked the previous night and check out time is 12:00. Indeed we do guarantee check in time starting from 2pm but you can understand that sometimes it might be longer especially when everybody want to leave their room at 12.00. We trust, though, in your understanding.
In such a case we never oblige our Customer to satnd in the lobby to wait for the room. Our staff is glad to take care about your luggage and offer you some refreshments and give you the possibility to enjoy the city as you perfectly stated.

We are happy that you appreciated our exclusive offer and our staff which do the utmost for making our guests stay the most memorable one.

Just for your information, the hotel will go for a renovation of the hallways on all the floors and this will be in the next months.

Samll hallways and old parisian buildings make the soundproof a little harder to guarantee and we regret that you felt uncofortable about it.

We really hope to have the possibility to welcome you back to our property in the very next future, in order to show you that we Worth your patronage.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I recently stayed at the clarion and can honestly say what a wonderful experience it was. From the warm welcome by the staff to the extremely clean room with, might I add, a balcony view of the eiffel Tower!! Amazing!! The location is just perfect. On the doorstep of the arc de triumpe and champs elysee. There are two metros very close to the hotel which are Ternes and Charles de Gaulle. The hot breakfast buffet was lovely and to be honest covered us for lunch too!!! We also had a champagne reception early evening which we never even knew about til we got there. That was perfect just before dinner!! The hotel was very clean and anything we staff were very helpful. The manager of the hotel was ever so welcoming and I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I will be taking my family there again.

Room Tip: The balcony room with the Eiffel Tower is worth asking for. The hotel has lifts so its no problem w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank S C

Dear S C,

Please allow me to express my happiness in Learning about your experience and thank you for taking the time for it.

We are extremely proud that you enjoyed our property and our product, this tells us that we are going in the right direction.

We are all at your disposal for taking care of you in the occasion of your next trip to Paris and do not heistate to share your experience with your closest friends: we will be glad to welcome them like we did with yourself.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was booked into this hotel through LastMinute.com with my 21 year old grandaughter. However before arriving I received a phone call telling me the hotel was overbooked and there was no room available to us. We were instead directed to Hotel Etoile Saint Ferdinand, where the staff dealing with us were very apologetic and helpful, but they had not been advised by the original hotel that we needed twin beds. We were put into a room with a double bed which was not really suitable for us but was the only one available. To the credit of the Saint Ferdinand staff they did offer us free breakfast the next day. Thankfully we were only staying one night but please be aware that we were not the only people overbooked by Etoile Saint Honore and sent on to Saint Ferdinand- it seems this is not an uncommon practice!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Marco C, Directeur général at Hotel Etoile Saint-Honore by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Janet,

thank you very much for sharing your comment with this community.

I have to inform you that the overbooking you experienced was caused by a lastminute.com system error which did not take into consideration that we closed our availability. This is the reason why you have been informed by lastminute.com and not by us.

The hotel Etoile Saint Ferdinand is one of our sister hôtels and we asked to grant you free breakfast, unfortunately we did not have any information about the request you made to lastminute.com to have 2 single beds.

This is a regrettable experience and we apologize for this, but we have been victims too.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you back to Paris and hopefully to our property.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance you might need, I will be glad to take care about your future réservations with us.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in summer of 2013. The hotel is in good location about 15 minutes walk to Champs-Élysées and the Arc de triomphe.

Rooms are small and can barley fit 2 people with their luggage but are modern, clean, and comfortable.

Staff were friendly and were happy to answer our questions about Paris, places to go ..etc They have also called us a Taxi to take us to the Airport

In such an expensive city, I think this hotel is a good value for money

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marco C, Directeur général at Hotel Etoile Saint-Honore by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Anas,

thank you for sharing your comment with this community and thank you for your positive feedback which I will be pleased to share with the whole team.

We took good comment of your concern and wish to inform you that we have several different categories of rooms which go from 15 to 36 sq. meters; do not hesitate to contact our team in order to have the best room according to your needs.

We really look forward to the great pleasure of welcoming you or any of your friends back to our property; we will be honored to assist them and yourself with all the attention.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hotel close champs elysee, very nice check in. The rooms are pretty big for Paris. It is very well appreciated to have free WIFI and free drinks in the fridge.
Glass of champagne and some food free is nice also.

The only downside are bathrooms pretty old and small, need to be updated.

Breakfast is also average, not fresh orange juice, fruits and choices are limited, need more choice

I would recommand this hotel for visiting Paris, in couple

Room Tip: stop at Georges v train station to reach the hotel through washington street, faster. you have a chi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Johnawardforever

Dear Johnaward,

we wish to express our happiness in reading your comment and we want to thank you for the time you took for sharing it.

Thank you for your beautiful comment which gives an added value to our hotel since a Customer's positive feedback woth more than anything else.

We took good note about your comment and I am personally at your disposal for taking your next reservation in order to assign you a room with a much bigger bathroom.

Looking forward to the great pleasure of welcoming you back to our property I send you my best regards.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Never experienced this before and I've never written any kind of reviews, but i need to say this loud-- about this hotel-- where a lot of money was stolen from my room and the police got involved. Stuff was constantly missing and moved in our room, and when I specifically told them not to clean our room (even leaving the "do not disturb" sign on the door) they cleaned it anyways. Then, when I asked for towels, they brought me wet folded towels, telling me they were sorry that the machine broke. As I confronted this to the manager, he said it was impossible because they receive towels already washed and dried. What am I supposed to think of all this? I feel as if there was something against us! It was our worst nightmare and i need to share it so you may be careful and aware of what happens ….Thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SimiPili

Dear SimiPili,

first and foremost we wish to thank you for the time you took for sharing your comment.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for what you feel about our property but let me take this opportunity to recall on some points that we agreed together:

- all rooms are equipped with a safe with electronic security code;
- all room locks are equipped with a log on each acces which says that no foreing acces has been registered

I am very sorry and it is really regrettably that you accused one staff member which works for us every day since many years and never had such a problem.

The problems you mentioned have been discussed long time with you and if you still need our assistance, my team and myself are at your complete disposal for further discussion.

Despite all these elements which do not prove that this happened in your room I offered you 3 night compensation agreeing that case was closed.

Unfortunately this seems to be not enought for your expectations and regret not to have met them on this occasion.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance you might need.

Wishing you all the best.