“First time in Paris”

Hotel Etoile Saint-Honore by HappyCulture
Ranked #359 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel August 13 - 21. From check in to check out we felt very welcomed.
Nadege and Roland were fantastic, they went out of their way to help us.
Air France lost all of our luggage (four people) and Nadege made several calls back and forth to them and finally got our luggage.
The rooms are clean, bed comfortable, air conditioning worked fine. When my mother requested a fan, she got it. Whenever we requested anything, we got it timely.
Nadege, and the other reception staff booked our taxi's.
The breakfast was very nice (included in our hotel price), eggs, breads, croissants, meats, cheeses, coffee, milk, juice, cereals, etc... staff in the breakfast area were always very nice.
The staff in general were all very nice, i didn't run into any rudeness at this hotel.
There is an evening food offering, some meats, breads, cheeses, etc... Not a lot, and I've read a lot of complaints about it, but most other hotels offer nothing in the evening. I wouldn't complain about this, it is very nice of the hotel to offer anything at all in the evening, (complimentary). It's not meant to be a dinner, so if you don't like it go out to a French restaurant, you are in Paris after all.
Also, I have read a lot of complaints about the small refrigerator, included in the room price, coming with only a few items. There was water, juice, soda. They restock it every third day. Why would anyone complain about this? What other hotel offer anything for free in their fridge? None that I know of. I think it is very nice of them.
This hotel is very well located. It is a short walk to the Arc de Triomphe and Champs de Elysees.
All in all I had a very nice experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're claustrophobic get a floor on a the first or second floor because the elevator is very...
1  Thank Norma E
DOUIEB, Directeur général at Hotel Etoile Saint-Honore by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Customer,

we wish to express our happiness in reading such a nice comment about your stay.

I will be honored to share your message with Nadège and Roland and the rest of the team!

Thank you for taking the time to share it and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming back to our property in the very next future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A very old hotel, cheap close to central Paris 5 minutes walk, very basic but good price. The staff were very helpful calling taxis and directions. Warning call your own taxi as the hotel taxi bump up prices.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank prospect7952

Dear valued Customer,

First and foremost we wish to thank you for the time you took to write this comment.

We took good note of your comments and your suggestions which will help us in our daily efforts to improve and maintain our service.

Concerning taxis, we would like to inform you that our reception always suggest what is better for our guests. A flat rate taxi could be more convenient that a regular taxi especially on peak hours when you have lots of congestions on the roads and taxi meters go higher. We regret to learn that you felt this about our staff.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to our property in the very next future.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Upon arrival, I was not too sure what to expect as the hotel has an association with a budget motel chain from the US, but when I got to my room, I was happily surprised on the room layout, comfort and overall feel. I was on the 7th floor and it was a room with two small balconies. The balconies had some strange soft spots on the floor that made it feel a bit uncomfortable to want to stand in but it was nice to look at while laying in bed. There was a nice big tub in the bathroom and the wifi was fast. Our kids stayed in a room two floors down (they were in a regular double room) and their room was large, clean and comfortable. The front desk people were quite helpful during check in and whenever we had a question for them. The morning breakfast was quite good - as was the afternoon service they had in an area just off the lobby. I liked the fact that it was close to a lot of things but not in the middle of everything. It was a few minutes walk to the Champs Elysess. I was happy with the price and would easily go back there again with my family.

1  Thank BurbankBlvd

Dear Customer,

first and foremost we wish to thank you for the time you took for sharing this comment with us.

Your feedback represents the most valuable source of motivation for our team which works on a daily basis to attend and exceed our customers' expectations.

We look forward to the great pleasure of welcoming you to our property in the very next future.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I went to Paris for Bastille Day weekend. Was greeted very warmly by the reception staff who spoke good english. I received a glass of champagne on arrival and my bags were taken to my room. I had been worried because hotel rooms in Paris are notoriously small however the room itself was a good size, spotlessly clean and the bed was really comfortable. It had all the amenities I needed and a complimentary non-alcoholic mini bar that is replenished every 3 days. Breakfast was included in my room price and there was a full buffet available which was very nice. I didn't find the price unreasonable at all (about $220/night AUD with all inclusions). The location was great, near the Champs Elysee and walking distance to the metro and Arc de Triomphe. The only downside was the lift which was tiny and very slow but that is my only complaint. I thought the place was great and I will definitely look to stay again next time I'm in Paris.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank audie3012

Dear Customer,

we wish to thank you for your feedback and we are proud about your positive experience with us.

We trust that our exclusive concept "All for you" is an asset for our guests and we are glad that your experience confirms it.

Looking forward to the great pleasure of welcoming you back to our property in the very next future, we remain

with our best regards

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The location is not bad, 5 minutes from the Champs Elysee, which you would hope would keep the price down, but it was still expensive. We stayed here in 1996 and I think it was a 3-star in need of help, with no bar or lounge area of substance, but the price was fair. I was hoping that the change of owner and star upgrade in the last few years would have improved the ambiance, but there is still no bar, the breakfast room has no natural light and the free soft drink/snack option, what little there was, turned out to be a "once-every-three-nights" deal. They were, however, efficient and kind enough to not only cover our request for a high-Eiffel Tower-facing room but also, as a result, we also got an upgrade to a 7th-floor room with decking giving a super view over the rooftops.

It is just a shame that the overall offering, although clean, still seems 3-star, rather than 4, and it desperately needs a bar to provide a focal-point place to come back to after a long day, or night, out. At least the parking area, if you have a car, although capital-city-expensive, is secure and right next door.

Room Tip: Aim for a high front/Eiffel Tower-facing room to get a view above the rooftops rather than the stree...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear valued Customer,

Since 1996 this property has been subject to a massive investment to renovate all the rooms and common areas.

Our breakfast room, since beginning of 2013 has finally day light, and we regret that you did not noticed it.

Our daily efforts are in place to upgrade our product to meet and exceed our guests expectaions.

So, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to our property in the very next future, hoping that you will find it up to your satisfaction.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My 14yrs old son and I have just returned form a 3 day break in Paris and we stayed at this hotel (room 607). I was a bit worried as I had read some of the reviews and hoped that they were not all true.
1) The lift is small only designed for 3 persons max with a weight limit of 225kg so if you are on the large side there is going to be an issue.
2) the hotel room we had was a 'superior twin room', while it was spotless, the beds very comfortable,the bathroom also spotless with a wonderful selection of toiletries and a free non alcoholic complimentary mini bar, there were some issues. The main one being that the hotel is currently undergoing some renovation on the outside and so our view was spoilt by scaffolding directly outside our room. This in turn meant that we were unable to have the window open especially when our next door neighbour ignored the no smoking policy and stuck our room our with their tobacco fumes. The only mirror in the room is in the bathroom and ladies if you are using straighteners you will first have to play hunt a power socket as there was only two that I could find - one for the kettle/tv.
3) The breakfast provides a lovely selection of hot and cold foods, infact the scrambled eggs was the best I have ever tasted.
4) The reception staff were all very friendly and spoke good english.
All in all you have to make your own mind up - personally although I have highlighted a few issues, I would recommend this hotel for a short break as it is very comfortable and within easy reach of the sights ( the Eiffel Tower is a good 45 min walk from the hotel).
One last thing if you are wanting to go up the Eiffel Tower do jump the line tickets ( through Viator) it is the best thing you can do - we did this and booked for 9am we arrived at 830am to observe a que of approx 1/2 mile long of people waiting for the ticket office to open not good..

Room Tip: If you ask for a high floor you can get a good view of the local area and if you are really lucky a...
1  Thank thornfamily

Reviewed August 4, 2013

On arrival, a very stony faced porter (Christophe) made us feel unwelcome (almost like entering into a military academy). The receptionist (Pascal) who had a rude attitude provided us with very little information about our stay. To add to our disappointment, the hotel had no room ready for us although we had booked well in advance. A senior manager (Raphael) on duties had to step in after we complained before we were put in a room. She apologised for the blunder caused by her staff on duty after putting things right. It was very disappointing experience for my wife and I where the very basic service seemed difficult to be carried out by the staff on duty. We will surely not be visiting this hotel again.

Room Tip: A very small hotel - website pictures can be deceiving
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear valued Customer,

We took good note of your comments and of your suggestions which will help us in our daily efforts to improve and mantain our service.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to our property in the very next future to be able to show you that we worth your patronage.