“Rendezvous”

La Maison Champs Elysees
Ranked #447 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed in their split-level Junior Couture Suite for 3-nights. Stylish, unique and definitely haute couture. This hotel has a fabulous, peaceful location a stone's throw away from La Champs-Elysees and Place de la Concorde. A great room, with great facilities including free WiFi - no bathtub though, but a wonderful bathroom none-the-less with a big open shower. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is good quality but a very basic buffet - omelettes are only offered for those prepared to pay for them. And no gym or swimming pool is a bit of a downer for a supposed 5-star hotel. But this hotel is all about location, grand design and friendly discreet service, and some might think that compensates for the lack of substance. For a 3-day break in Paris, I am certainly one of them!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrTeeJay
There are newer reviews for La Maison Champs Elysees

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at La Maison Champs Elysees in June while visiting Paris on business. I arrived very early on a Sunday morning after an overnight flight from NY. Obviously my room was not available but the reception staff gave me access to a room where I was able to shower and change at my leisure. It made all the difference. After many early Sunday morning arrivals in Paris, finally a hotel that cares. I found everyone to be very nice, polite and caring. Loved all the design elements. I didn't think that the Martin Margiela rooms were all that special. In fact they were very average and somewhat uncomfortable. But I gave up my "design" room for one of their more basic rooms and I very much enjoyed my stay. And I have to say that this was the first hotel I stayed in a long time that had a special mechanism in the room doors so that they didn't slam shut!

Room Tip: If you want to say that you have stayed at a MM room then go for it. But if you want a nicer and big...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LGP-NYC
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was a lovely place to stay. We were visiting Paris for a romantic weekend and decided to splash out on this Hotel, which was absolutely perfect.
The reception is very modern and clean and the welcome was suitably professional and posh but welcoming. My schoolboys french was politely corrected in a very encouraging way and the staff were more than happy to speak either English or French or both as I guided the conversation!!
The rooms were heaven! Thick curtains kept out the any noise any light. Large television with free internet and in house movie selection. Well appointed bathroom. Room service. A very nice restaurant downstairs. Walking distance to the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Elysees and the Metro.
This is a high class hotel which would be a waste for families or travellers on a budget, but if you want to splash out on a romantic french weekend, look no further.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CambridgeCats
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel was amazing. It was very clean, and the decor is elegant but original. The eating area is fancy yet comfortable. The rooms are spectacular. We had a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower. What a pleasant surprise. It was extremely roomy. Nice amenities and FREE WIFI!!! Always a plus I say. Now this may seem weird but I LOVED the soap. It smells so good I took some home. I like how the shampoo and conditioner bottles are larger than your average hotel, because, ladies, we all know that little tiny conditioner bottle is no where near enough...really.

The bathrooms are roomy and clean and have plenty of flattering lighting. One thing I don't quite understand and this was also the case at another hotel we had stayed at in the same area the night before; why does the glass in the shower only cover half of the shower? Water gets everywhere, there's no curtain to stop water getting out, and you can get a little cold. That's minor though.

You have a coffee maker in the room, slippers, robes, plenty of towels, blow dryer, and a TV if you want to watch TV while your visiting such an amazing city. The 3 weeks we were in Europe...we didn't turn on one TV. What for?

It is located in an area that is close to many things. We walked to the river, the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, The Triumph, the metro, and many shops and restaurants. It's in the beautiful area of Champs Elysees.

Now the staff...I cannot praise them enough. They are extremely nice and accommodating. We had reservation issues with our on line booking and they went above and beyond to rectify a problem that wasn't even theirs to fix. We didn't realize that the French Open was going on when we arrived and it was hard to find rooms anywhere. The director, or manager, I forgot his title but he has and his name. My traveling companions will remember but I can't get a hold of either of them as I write this. He has short blond hair, blue eyes, very charming; he made the trip 10 times better because of his attentiveness, and friendliness.

Loved this place.

Room Tip: I think anywhere in this hotel is a good room. If you want a view of the Eiffel tower, they have the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gigi S
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Lovely stay in this well located hotel. Generously sized rooms, with the most comfortable beds and useful entertainment unit. Design is beautiful in the lobby and restaurant but rooms are a little generic looking. The staff are generally very friendly and go out of your way to help you.

Overall: Not the most luxurious five-star hotel in Paris, but outstanding value for money when considering the location and price. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mouflon_chick
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Had a lovely stay in this hotel. The property is in a prime location, Near many of the city's landmarks. The public spaces are funkily designed and the staff is very helpful, especially for restaurants recommendations. I stayed in one of the redone suites and it was simply amazing. The room was in fact huge and very well furnished and included an iMac. The bathroom was also great. An awesome blend of modernity/design and luxury, yet not stuffy.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

we really could not see the design hotel elements besides the lobby n restaurant. the room is very very average. the carpets were damp and our room service did not come....at all. yes we did come during fashion week. the hotel was very busy but it should not be an excuse to such service levels. will not stay there again.

7  Thank kheamims