“Renovated Chic Hotel”

Ranked #342 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“Renovated Chic Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

I spent 5 nights in this hotel in August. The hotel has been recently renovated and i had some concerns after reading some previous reviews.

I am happy to say i was not disappointed with our room (Superior room). Rooms were quite spacious and it was a blessing being able to use the internet through the TV. Bathroom was quite spacious and shower was great.

Concierge were always helpful when questions were asked.

Hotel is in a great location with designer shops within a easy walk. Champ Elyees is only a few minutes walk and the Eifel Tower about 20 minutes.

Would recommend and stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Superior room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

I spend many days in August in"La maison Champs Elysée". The hotel is just amazing like a small little castle in Paris with a very trendy parisien renovation . People are so warm that i had the impression to be in private house. every body took care of me from the front office until the GM ,very helpfull and a special mention for Nader the responsable for the bar. My stay was wonderfull...Nadine

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

The location is very good, the design is even better! But the service is TERRIBLE!
Two actual complaints from my stay:

1. When i checked in, I specifically asked what my daily rate was. I was shown a number which is what appeared on my reservation. When I checked out, I found out that they were charging me DOUBLE for the second and third night. Had i not specifically asked, I might have thought it was a misunderstanding. But I asked! And was lied to. When I explained the situation, I was ignored! and charged the 'double' rate

2. Had breakfast meeting at the restaurant (which is very pleasant!) and as I was leaving, I left at the front desk my notebook, calculator and MONT BLANC pen and politely asked to leave these in my room. Long story short... They never made it to my room, nor does anyone know what happened to them. No one has made any effort to repair the damage.

Unacceptable!

5 Thank franklinmex
lamaisonc085, Directeur général at La Maison Champs Elysees, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear guest
We are very surprised by your recent comment. that we do not understand.
I have never heard of your complaint till I read your comment, and cannot figure out you leaving the hotel without trying to talk to me.
Regarding your price issue, Paris is full in September with key events (fashion week...). Hence hotelrooms are quite expensive. Prices differ from one day to another depending on events. I just checked. Your booking confirmation was crystal clear. Prices are mentioned day by day.
Last, you suggested that you left your notebook, calculator and Mont Blanc pen at the front desk and never got them back. Again, you left the hotel without trying to reach me.
Please call me directly (I already left a message at the phone number mentioned in the booking) to clarify this matter. It matters a lot to me as a manager of this hotel.
Thank you very much in advance for your call.
Sincerely yours
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was on a business trip last week. I stayed for the first time @ La maison champ Elysees. The crew is Amazing. The G.M. came and say hello at breakfast ( I ask after who was that man) The rooms are beautifully modern and witty, the bathrooms are a dream.
The Table 8, the restaurant is great not only for the food but for the very quiet terrace at the back.
The whole experience was the new French Elegance.I wish I can come to Paris on the business trip more often.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Recently stayed for a week at Maison while in Paris. Must say this is one of the "coolest" places EVER. As designers we were quite enchanted with the decor. Common areas are beautiful in whites, silvers and mirror. Some upper floor common areas are completely BLACK....tres chic. There are some "white" rooms, and there are some "black" rooms. EVERYTHING in the black suite to which we were upgraded was black! Started in a white room where the phone had a white linen cover, and even the artwork was sheathed in white covers! If you love design, this is THE hotel for you! The service left a bit to be desired, but they did try. Perhaps the language barrier was part of the problem, but there was zero attitude and everybody was friendly, especially Benjamin, hotel restaurant manager, who helped us out immensely with a lot of things including restaurant recommendations. HE IS A TRUE GEM! Overall, a great place to stay, with just some minor problems.

Room Tip: suites are worth the money, very roomy and very chic
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank will463
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Let me first start by saying that there was no bellhop when we arrIved with our 4 rather large suitcases... We were very tired from a long flight and this was certainly the last thing we wanted to hear. We were also hungy so we asked the young girl at check in where we could go for a light bite(black hair pulled back) She very rudely responded " nothing. go to Mcdonalds" Thos was at about 11 pm. This was by far the RUDEST experience our whole time while on our 12 day trip to France. Firstly just walking to the Champs which was 2 blocks away there were a tin of places open. I am 100% she knew this. Let me make it very clear that this " Amercain" does not eat Mc Donalds... while in Paris we enjoyed lunch at Le Meurice, Cafe Marley, and dinner at Alain ducasse's at the Plaza Athenee.....We enjoy good food. We thought everyone in Paris was quite friendly with this one exception. We should have known that this would set the tone for the rest of our ammmazzzing stay.. ( please note the sarcasm) dragging our luggage up and down the stairs to get to our room was our next task.. Finally after retiring to our room when we got into bed the sheets were so rough I had to put the robe on in order to be able to fall asleep.
If this was not bad enough at about 6:30 am we could hear the trash collectors outside on the street. At about 7:45 we could hear people talking and having breakfast at the cafe downstairs. We had screaming children running up and down the hallways slamming doors at 9 am. .. Absolutely NoThing was done to be accommodating at this hotel. This is by far the WORST HOTEL experience we have ever had!!! I wouldn't recommend this place to ANYONE! I never write reviews on trip advisor but I am making it a point to do so this time. Be warned!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Luzlil
lamaisonc085, Responsable réception at La Maison Champs Elysees, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Sir / dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am disappointed to read that your stay was a bad experience and I apologize for it.

You came at a time when we lacked bellhops. We strove to improve this situation. Bellhops work now on later shifts hence covering late arrivals like yours.
Regarding your dinner, the receptionist might not have understood what you wanted. Indeed we offer a 24h a day room service. The menu is displayed in the room.
As for the sheets, we went for high quality linen sheets in line with the distinctive style of our designer, La Maison Martin Margiela. However, cotton sheets are always at disposal of our customers upon demand.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback, as it's very important to us to gauge how we're performing.

If you're in Paris again, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hughes Godard
Hotel Manager
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently stayed and discovered this new revamp hotel and it is a true "couture boutique hotel" with multiple details to be highlighted. A real home, with a wonderful piano in the lobby area, you just want to play...
This ex Sofitel is just a reinvented boutique hotel, the lobby is very clear (white coulour theme) and the property was designed by Martin Margiela, there is also a cosy "cigar lounge" (leather armchairs in a quite interesting brown and dark theme). The breakfast buffet is outstanding, despite the fact of being traditional in terms of offer, the restaurant design is just amazing with light walls and flying chairs and tables and facing a gazebo garden. I really enjoyed the courtyard, zipping a coffee.
The rooms are comfortable with feather duvets you feel like an angel sleeping on a cloud. The bathrooms white mosaics are just amazing, italian shower.
The young team is really helpful and young.
Overall a true discovery in Paris.