The Claridge is hard to spot amidst all the chaos and glimmering lights clamoring for attention along the bustling activity of the Champs Elysees, Paris' premier boulevard of status. If you miss the name on the building, which is easy to do, you will begin to appreciate the old-dame grandeur of the hotel as you walk through the doors and up the stairs into the large lobby. The place is consistent in both its overall historic importance, as clearly a longtime location of elegant hotelerie in Paris and also in its slightly worn appearance, which in the end is quite forgivable. The former is most noticed in the scale of the open spaces, many lounges and conference rooms, bizarre layout of hotel and large scale of the hotel rooms. The latter in the carpets, bedding and dated furniture.
My room was probably in the range of 60-70sqM, with a large king size bed and enough open space to have a small dance party. The high ceilings (15ft?) certainly helped! Several curtained windows opened out into the hotel's large interior courtyard; below was a dining area within the hotel and across and all around were other guest rooms. It all had quite a historic feeling. Also included in the room was a separate kitchen, separate entryway with wardrobe and large clean white bathroom with upscale toiletries. Like the rest of the hotel, the carpet, bed and bed linens were all slightly showing their age. But that was easy to overlook, as my attention was focused on this grand and historic feeling suite, located ON the Champs-Elysees! Quite simply the largest room I've ever stayed in amidst the 55 hotels in Paris I've stayed in over the years.
If you find a promotional or low rate, as I did, this is certainly a nice choice for a romantic and historic experience in Paris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Claridge Champs-Elysées, built in 1914 right on the Champs-Elysées Avenue, has been witness to a century of political and romantic history of France. Secrets kept forever behind the walls of this legendary palace which has welcomed so many stars. A century later, Le Claridge Champs Elysées and its facade became listed French historical monuments, entering into the world of the most beautiful hotel residences in the world. The renovation changed this historical establishment into a contemporary, elegant Parisian residence. Spacious and comfortable, the110 Suites and apartments offer an exceptional view of the Champs Elysées Avenue or the peaceful patio of the residence. The blend of black and beige in the wall-to-wall carpeting evoke the black and white checkered pattern of the Parisian townhouses and the play of blue bands painted on the walls creates a unique ambiance. Wild silk curtains, velvet chairs, wool rugs and leather bring back the luxury of Claridge’s past glory. This is a new era for the Claridge Champs Elysées which, in 2006, joined theprestigious Fraser Suites collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees Hotel Paris
- Le Claridge Champs Elysees Paris
- Claridge Hotel Paris