“Amazing but....”

Ranked #703 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Amazing but....”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

For me a hotel is more about the first impression the way you are welcomed and that was nice although I paid a huge amount of money for a four days stay but I didn't think about it with the hot welcoming and the lovely speech that I had with the 2 receptionist that I meet how were very nice.
The breakfast was one of my best Daley experience in Paris I found all the help that I needed from a nice Ethiopian host she was very kind and had so much knowledge about the surroundings that I didn't need a map she even helped me planning my day, her name was a little bit hard so in instead of miss pronouncing it I went for the nationality.
Now for the missing star... At the time of my stay (9 feb - 13) the hotel was under construction so things my change... My sweet had a bad bathroom witch looks nothing like a five star hotel bathroom.
I didn't feel like the housekeeping staff were doing a good job my bed cover wasn't changed although I spelt coffee on it by mistake.
For me every one I meet at the hotel was very nice and kind but one a receptionist could muzhr I think he was rude for no reason and talked to me when ever I asked as if was paying for my stay I never had any problem with him but that was his way with me from the start thank God I didn't meet him for checking in.
On the other said fraser has the nicest security guard you will ever meet he so funny I think he's name Wes Yanosh he makes every one laughs you'll test that if you ever visit.
The stay was very expensive if you compare it to the room furniture but for the location I can understand it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adel066
BMKParis, Directeur général at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We take into account all the remarks our guests make in our efforts to improve our service. We’re currently renovating our lounges and reception area with the aim of improving the comfort of our guests and staff. In so doing, we make every effort to avoid inconveniencing those concerned. All our suites were renovated in 2013. The furniture is high quality and was made especially for Fraser Suites Le Claridge.

We’ve looked into the points you made concerning housekeeping and the attitude of one of our receptionists, and I apologise if you were less than satisfied with the service on those counts. We have also complimented the members of staff who helped make your stay a pleasant one, and thank you on their behalf for your positive comments.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again, whether to Fraser Suites Le Claridge or another of our Fraser properties around the world.

Kind regards,
General Manager Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs Elysées

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Our family of 4 thoroughly enjoyed our 3 week stay here in one of the apartments at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees. We would recommend this to those who are considering staying here because:

- Our apartment was beautiful and value for money (our room was spacious and had everything we needed)
- Excellent location (can walk to most attractions including Arc De Triomphe, The Louvre, The wheel, The Eiffel Tower, Tuileries Gardens etc and metro stops practically just outside so you can hop on and go where you want)
- Supermarket (Monoprix) only a couple minutes away on foot so very handy for groceries
- We loved the kitchen, fridge and storage spaces which made us feel like we were living at home away from home
- Le Claridge also has free wi-fi, 24 hr reception, security, a door man who would open the door for you when you enter/exit the property and room cleaning daily where beds are made, towels, shampoo bottles, tea, coffee, milk etc are also replaced and replenished

We know we will be back on our next trip to Paris and thank you to all staff and in particular Januz (the wonderfully energetic and friendly door man) and Cyril (at the front desk) who was very helpful during our stay and to the cleaning maids who were always friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Champs Elysees have great views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

6 Thank MFamily2014
BMKParis, Directeur général at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your guest experience on TripAdvisor following your stay with us .

Delighted you found our property comfortable, well maintained and with good services ! We are very happy to have you amongst our Ambassadors!

It is a pleasure to read that the Suite and the overall stay were “of very high standing”.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments, and looking forward to welcoming you on a return Parisian visit.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed February 1, 2014

i did my booking through the hotel website. Two problems that I came to discover; their understanding of a suite is not what is commonly known, you can't call a room with crammed furniture a suite, the website does not have any photos of what you are booking or a clear description of what is on offer. The breakfast was not mentioned that is included with the suite that I finally got and had to pay extra for, the toilet is a dilemma to get into and lock the door. At check out they had the breakfast included as an additional payment and when queried they came back and said it is included in the package.
they have 5 stars posted but not what you expect of that, no room service, no restaurant etc.
the location is great and the staff are very good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Saleh A
BMKParis, Directeur général at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, which we take very seriously in our efforts to improve our service. I appreciate that you weren’t completely satisfied with your stay and would like to offer an explanation.

All our suites were renovated in 2013, including the one you stayed in which was upgraded in November with brand new furniture. The size of that particular suite is around 70m² with a separate, fully fitted kitchen, a large bedroom and living area. It’s more than a hotel room. The photos and descriptions of the suites on our website correspond to our current offering.

We offer packages including (or not) breakfast; it’s up to the guest to choose when they make their booking and I’m pleased to note that your breakfasts were included. We apologize for the misunderstanding on this matter at checkout.

You’re right in that we do not have a restaurant, but offer our guests an “In-Suite Menu” which gives you a choice between:
- Doing your grocery shopping, having the groceries delivered and preparing your own food in the kitchen,
- Taking advantage of our agreement with several partner restaurants and having the menu of your choice delivered to your suite,
- Booking a chef to come and cook whatever you want in your kitchen.

Our reception staff is obviously on hand to assist guests. Room service exists to provide drinks. I’m sure you will agree that this service is far superior to that of a standard hotel restaurant offering a limited choice of food.

Service is paramount to us and I’m glad you found our staff to be helpful.

I appreciate your feedback, and hope to be able to welcome you once again at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées in the near future.

Kind regards,

Novodibirsk
Reviewed January 30, 2014

All was excellent. We had the room with garden view. It was very quiet. Small kitchen in the room is very convenient for us. The supermarket is located only 2 minutes from hotel. I'll recommend this hotel my friends.

• Stayed January 2014
BMKParis, Directeur général at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

I really want to thank you for your comment. I'm glad to read to had a pleasant stay in our property.

Lots of guest enjoy the fully equipped kitchen in our Suites. We recently set up a "In Suite Menu" allowing our guest to chose many option of food delivery. Not a restaurant but many !!! Even a Chef may be available to cook in your Suite what you like.

We really hope to welcome you again.

With my best regards,

General Manager Fraser Suites le Claridge Champs Elysées
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

If you have not had the pleasure of staying at the Fraser suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees you really must!.
On this visit my family and i stayed in the presidential suit "The Marrakech", OUTSTANDING in every single way, breath taking and incredibly luxurious.
We were greeted with open arms, we had a complimentary airport transfer offered to us because we were repeat customers, on arrival nothing was too much for the staff, we were looked after from the moment we arrived.
The manager made sure we were happy with our accommodation and was in contact with us regular.
This hotel has recently been refurbished and while i stayed this time the staff offered me a tour of all the different room types, i can tell you it took my breath away, every room more beautiful than the previous..a stones throw away from the supermarket the Monoprix, Sephora two doors down, the Franklin Roosevelt metro stop out front, The Arc de Triumph just up the road.
We were there at christmas time, it was lovely to have a christmas tree in the suit. To top it all off the view is magic, The Eiffel Tower sparkling in all its glory visible from the lovely balconies. The door man deserves a notable mention, this man is charming, helpful and always happy, its a pleasure to stay in this lovely property. You are o the Champs Elysees so it is a tad more costly than other hotels but it is worth every single cent, this hotel is perfect for families, singles, couples and groups. Free wifi through out, a gorgeous terrace, Breakfast available a lift as well as stairs. I will be back that is a guarantee, i can not fault this property.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the Champs Elysees rather than the court yard.. it will knock your socks o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank giorgiadettoni
Dear Giorgia, Dear Guest,

It's always a pleasure to welcome you and I'm glad you booked our new renovated Presidential Suites. The pictures you took are fantastic.

We really hope to welcome you again in our property. All my team is very proud with such a good comment , I'm too, thank you again.

I wish you a very nice day

Best regards

General Manager Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs Elysées
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Recently stayed for 2 weeks at this wonderful establishment, a short walk to everywhere, and right in the middle of everything - 2 min walk to monoprix supermarket, 3 min walk to franklin d Roosevelt metro station. The rooms are cleaned well and promptly daily, the staff super nice and helpful. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star is that the hair dryer is super weak - it neither dries nor styles, so I ended up having a bad hair day everyday. When we asked if we could have a different dryer, we were told that all their hair dryers are of the same model ( therefore no point). Don't let this deter u though, just bring your own dryer.

Also coffee shops galore near the hotel, not all good but. The eateries nearby could also be tourist traps. We found a couple of reasonably good ones on Washington st almost right opposite the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leung55
BMKParis, Directeur général at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful comments regarding our product and services.

I'm so sad to know you didn't give us 5 points !!!! If I would have known it's because of our hair dryer, I would have buy one just for you. I do apologize for this. By the way I'll check this point with my team in order to deliver good facilities to our guest.
Please, come back to my property for your next stay in Paris and I guarantee to buy you the dryer you want if the one in your Suite is not good enough
I wish you a wonderful day
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was received warmly by Justine, Claire, Fazher and Peter. I came as part of the official delegation of the African Union Commission attending meetings of the Elysee Summit. We were treated very well. From the professional and courteous staff of Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, I personally got a first and lasting impression that is positive about your hotel. I took a photo of Justine to show to my wife with whom they share a name. Thank you Claire for taking a nice snap. We enjoyed breakfast served by Tsen and Geday who are caring. Justine, Claire, Fazher, Peter, Tsen and Geday you made us feel at home and carry with us great memories of you and your hotel. Wishing you all the best.

Regards,

Julius Kagamba Singoma

Room Tip: The location Le Claridge Champs-Elysees is excellent. The hotel is exquisite. The services are excel...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
BMKParis, Propriétaire at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear M.Kagamba Singoma,

Thank you so much for your comments and specially about the quality of my staff.
I'm glad to know that your expectations were met. These will encourage my team to do even better to serve our guests. Receiving these comments is to receive a special gift from our guest.

We really to welcome you soon in our property in Paris or in one of our Fraser properties around the world.