“More for business travelers?”

Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe
Ranked #222 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I think my expectations were too high. There was construction always going on near the lobby/ elevator area. More construction outside our hotel room. I think this hotel is more geared for business travelers. Food was just ok. Staff was very nice. Room was oddly shaped.

Room Tip: Definitely inquire about remodeling or construction
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MinnesotaMarianne
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

A very very nice hotel. We traveled with our son and 'daughter in law to be' from Frankfurt to send a few day in Paris. The hotel choice we made was excellent. The rooms, service, restaurant and most importantly the staff made for a very special stay. The hotel is located a minute from the Champs-Élysées. The hotel is new but built within an old Paris style facade giving the benefit of modernity but with the style of tradition. We had two rooms both with a small balcony. The beds were first class and the 'black out' curtains let us sleep to after 8 - terrific !. Tea and coffee making is in the room - essential for us. A short walk to many many restaurants. We have stayed in a few Sofitel's now in a few countries - all have a feeling of calm and a sense of style.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kjb_bowral
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great hotel, the staff were very accommodating and helpful. We were given flowers, cakes and a lovely anniversary celebration card in the room. The rooms were quite large and had modern decor. I enjoyed the room service as we were travelling in winter, it was nice to have the option to have fine dining within our room to avoid stepping out in the snow each night. The service and quality of the food was impeccable.

The bar was small, but had a romantic boutique feel to it. The wine selection was very extensive and the bar staff were highly knowledgeable on the products.

The hotel is a very short walk to Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysees, which was the perfect location for me.

We travelled in January so it was quite cold and we opted to use taxis to get around the city, but if it were summer and the weather had been better, I most definitely would have walked around the city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leena T
Reviewed September 1, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
8  Thank HolidayingInEurope
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for over a week. The rooms are remarkably clean and the interiors are very nicely designed. However the breakfast does not match the quality that the hotel provides. Knowing that it is a five star hotel and the rates are relatively high. The breakfast buffet is relatively small for the amount of people in the restaurant. The food is displayed in scarce quantities and the varieties are poor. The basic necessities of breakfasts like milk, juices and cheese would be finished by lets say 9:45. You will have to wait for a REALLY long time for the trays to be restocked or just wait for quite sometime for the waitresses to bring them to your tables. People would rush to get hold of croissants from recently restocked trays something I never thought I would see in a 5 star hotel. They should consider hiring more staff or just make the ones there more efficient. There isn't even someone to sit people down, you just come in and find yourself a table. Sometimes they don't even ask for room number, for all they know there might be people who don't even pay for breakfast. For a hotel in Paris, there should be a variety of cheese selections however there is only ONE kind of cheese in this buffet.
I would like to stay in this hotel in my upcoming visits, but the breakfast is a turn down, specially that I paid more per rooms to include the breakfast. I would rather have it somewhere in the many restaurants along the Champs Elysee 5 mins away, than be subjected to this kind of a situation. I hope they would upgrade their buffet and hire more staff and place professional staff to welcome and seat people to their tables.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nora O
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a great hotel. Large rooms. Spotless. New. Great beds. Great shower. The breakfast was a 6 on a scale of 1 to 5. Absolutely incredible. Try the raspberry juice. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had a great 6 days in Paris. Great hotel and location. Walking distance to The Champs-Elysees, the Arch De Triomphe and metro. The hotel is in a very quiet section. The staff was great. Guillaum was very nice and helpful. Alexandra gave us very good ideas for the sights and Soaney greeted us with a smile everyday. Customer service was superb. I would recommend this hotel and I plan to stay there again when I return to Paris. We had a problem with the air conditioner in our room the first night. They IMMEDIATELY put us in the only room available. It was a suite and it was lovely. Too bad we couldn't stay in that room for the remaining of our 4 days but the customer service made up for it. The food was great. They make the best smoothies and coffee. Everything was great. The sites, people and weather was exceptional. I made up my mind, I want to live in Paris. This hotel was the best choice!!! Thank you staff for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends