Well for us, the hotel pretty much ticked every box, and to a high standard.
Recently renovated, the rooms were excellent. Clean, modern, very well equipped (large flatscreen TV with interface points on the wall for HDMI connection, Bose radio & docking, coffee, tea, mini bar), new large comfortable bed, huge shower......I could go on.
The hotels location is also perfect. It lies in a back street behind the Champs Elysee, meaning it is quiet, but within 5 minutes you can be in one of the best known areas of Paris. It is also only 5 minutes walk to the Arc. Being so close to the main centre it is also a pretty safe location to be at night.
The staff at the front desk were very polite and helpful, and everyone in reception quick to help, and greet you with a smile and a "Bonjour!"
However, there were a couple of niggles that made me toy with scoring 4 instead of 5:
1. The toilet and bathroom were separate in the room, which is great, however, there is no sink in the toilet to wash hands, so you have to come out to do so. There is plenty of space for a small sink so that should have been added.
2. WIFI internet signal was weak on the 5th floor, so had to sit in some strange locations in the room to get a good signal to Skype with children back home.
3. Only 1 small lift, so if you arrive as a large group as we did, you may want to take a drink in the bar whilst you wait for everyone to go through the lift.
4. This was the biggest complaint.........the breakfast service!! Don't be in a hurry for your breakfast! If you chose to have hot food, prepare to wait. They cook to order, I who gets it first, is a lottery. The 2 days we were there, we waited over 30 minutes to get it, and other who came 10-15 mins after us, often got theirs before us. I did point this out on our departure, and they said they would look into this.
....however, don't let these minor issues put you off what is possibly one of the best hotels I have stayed in and certainly the best in Paris. We will us it again when we next return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the sophisticated ambiance of the Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe, a hotel close to the Champs Elysees and luxury boutiques. The Haussmann exterior of this hotel par excellence houses an interior designed in collaboration with Studio Putman. This hotel near to the Arc de Triomphe offers an ideally located pied-a-terre. The luxurious fabrics and soothing blue tones of the rooms will delight your senses.The comfortable MyBed, luminotherapy and WIFI access will make your stay in Paris a truly exceptional experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Arc De Triomphe Hotel Paris
- Sofitel Hotel Paris
- Sofitel Paris
- Paris Sofitel