“Undergoing Renovations yet still classy”

Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe
Ranked #266 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nowra, Australia
“Undergoing Renovations yet still classy”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

A fabulous stay at this well located hotel. Close to everything "paris" and despite it being renovated, we were in no way impacted. We had a large room on the 6th floor and were kept appraised of all happenings at the hotel including alarm testing. Very well managed and run is our over riding opinion. Well done management.
The staff throughout the hotel were very attentive and we felt very welcome. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Perfect location and the hotel is exceptionally well run.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Hotel was a bit expensive, but it is located in the center of Paris.
The staff was efficient kind and polite.
I got an upgrade. The room was old fashioned style - very nice.
Internet was working quite well.

Room Tip: Good quality Internet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tnt2012_12
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel is antique or old but it has been kept in good shape. Room is a bit small for deluxe, but location is great to Champ Elysee. What I enjoy this hotel the most is BREAKFAST!!! This property offers wide variety of breakfast, fruit is fresh and good picked quality.

With the same prices you pay at Accor chain, you may want to consider Scribe Sofitel, room is bigger and newer.

What I don't like is I have an early flight, I asked concierge if I can get the cab in the morning. He said he can call the cab for me. When I checked out and ask for taxi, he told me taxi is waiting outside. I got into the cab and meter was running at 22 Euros already. The taxi said he was waiting for me so he turns meter on? I did not ask concierge to call yet until I make sure our family checked out well and then will call for the cab. Be careful of the concierge here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The location of the Sofitel is terrific, with great access to transport and some of the sights in Paris. The staff was very friendly and I also liked the little bar/lounge area on the ground level.

The rooms however are not commensurate with the room rates. I would describe them as small and run-down and in need of a renovation. The furnishing looks really old and little things like paint on walls, marks on the counter-tops, etc. tell a story of a hotel that needs to spend more money on its rooms.

Unfortunately I visited when Paris was going through a big cold snap. I was surprised to find that there were 2 floor space heaters in my room when I checked in. This apparently was because the hotel's heating and cooling doesn't work very well (which is true).

All in all, hard to justify spending a lot of money on one of these rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This isnt a typical Luxury hotel I would say a little run down and hence the reconstruction in the hotel. The worst part though is that they dont tell you on checkin that this is the case.

I checked in last night and there was no air conditioning in my room. Then in the morning all sorts of work started on my floor making it difficult to stay....

I went to front desk and they were actually really nice about it. Offered to get me moved to another place (and asked me if I would stay back and just get a fan in my room instead of air conditioning !!). Ofcourse I chose to move to another hotel.

But just wish the hotel had done justice to the 'luxury' tag by telling me about the work on my floor and the air conditioning issue when I checked in.

Room Tip: Room are not worthy of a luxury tag by any standards.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

We just returned (May 2012) from a week long stay at this hotel. I must say the cautions regarding the construction concerns are greatly exaggerated. The service, staff, room and overall experience was excellent. This hotel is well locate for traveling throughout Paris. We will return and would suggest to everyone

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and have always enjoyed our stays. This time however due to the construction works it was nmot pleasant. Notwithstanding the bar and in particular Alain the consierge couldn´t have been better.

Should avoid until works are concluded

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple