“Little gem just walking distance from Les Champs Elysees”
Review of Hotel Francois 1er

Hotel Francois 1er
Ranked #319 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've been staying in this tiny and quaint hotel for many years and everytime I arrive, I am reminded of how much I like it.
Its a fraction of the price of the many larger and fancier hotels around. But this has a very French flair with good service and a great breakfast. The rooms are very small, as are most hotel rooms in Paris - but very cute and very clean. I've sent many people who in turn have sent many others.

Its also conveniently located 1.5 block away from the Metro, the Champs Elysees and the largest LV store in the world!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Richard P

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We decided to stay in two locations this time in Paris (10 day stay), We started in St Germain Des Pres seconds from the Latin Quarter and finished at Francois. The hotel is off a small side street; the location exudes a certain secretness in a busy area, we felt like we was living in a classic, exclusive apartment rather than a hotel. Love the wooden desk at recepereon opposed to the big box pricey chains with the massive marble reception area; makes a large city feel quaint, charming and small. With that said the fabulous thing about the location? Its less than a 5 minute walk to the Champs Elysee...get there, look left and the Arc greets you to remind you are in fact...in Paris. Lovely breakfast, warm and helpful staff, rooms are simply beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Sandy V
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

There are many boutique hotels in Paris, very few are much good. The hotel Francois 1er has Parisian charm but is also an efficiently run, clean and well decorated hotel. You can go badly wrong in Paris with the smaller hotels. I would highly reccomend this hotel to those visiting Paris.

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank Corneliamehta
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Believe me, this might just look like any other small, dirty hotel in Paris, BUT IT IS NOT. It has so much charm, but it still gives modern ammenities. It is so lovely and feels just like home. The breakfast is even delicious!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank travelerforeva
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is the second time that we have stayed here and once again it was the perfect stay. Lovely comfortable room, friendly service and a great location.We definately prefer this type of boutique hotel when in Paris. Cant wait to go back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SteyningSteve
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Having travelled to Paris numerous times for both work and pleasure, the Hotel Francois 1er will now be my preferred place to stay for all business trips.

The Room. Arriving jet lagged, I had such a sound sleep that I overslept my wake up call. The room was small but exceptionally well appointed with traditional French bedding and decor. While my room faced the small road, the black out curtains kept it dark and there were no noise issues.

The Bath. Bathroom was generous in size and filled with a high end selection for robes and slippers.

Food. A very fine (albeit pricey) breakfast buffet was served downstairs in a quaint and cozy breakfast room, which included ample fresh fruit, cheese, hard boiled and scrambled eggs, warm meats and cold cuts, breads, jams and fine coffee. I mistakenly assumed in my reservation the 25Euro buffet was included. But due to the misunderstanding and several challenges we had getting me a taxi for my train, they provided it to me for 12 Euro which was very fair and worth it.

Service. Highly professional and discreet.

The common areas. Very elegant - the ideal boutique hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank WorkingMomNYC2
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed here in August 2012.

I book through the website "I Prefer" because of the special "perks" you get. However, we did not receive the "perks" and it appeared they didn't even know what the "I Prefer" was all about.

The hotel is in a very good location, quick walk to both the Champs Elysees, metro stop and the Seine.

The rooms are very nice and the toiletries very adequate. The Bose sound system adds a lot to the room. The photos are true to how the rooms actually are.

We are very appreciative of "Danielle" and "Thomas" they both took very good care of us.

The hotel has a small bar area that is nice to sit in and relax with a drink after a long day of touring around Paris.

It is expensive to eat out in this area. But we were able to find a few reasonable dinners. I think my most enjoyable one was when we got sandwiches from a local shop, took them back to the hotel and ate them in the hotel bar where Thomas was very helpful.

The hotel has a very good breakfast and breakfast area.

All in all we were pleased with our stay. The hotel just oozes romance and old Paris.

Room Tip: The rooms are small. If you are picky, know the rooms so when you ask for an upgrade you will know...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wrinkldogs
KepplerManager, Directeur général at Hotel Francois 1er, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your comments on TripAdvisor and of course for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Paris.
We sincerely apologize for the ignorance of the "I Prefer" advantages of our reception.
Our regular reception staff knows what is given for the IPrefer guests but during holiday month of August we had replacement staff, like Daniel and they didn't remember or simply know about IPrefer.
Again I am very sorry for this and for sure we'll remember next time to inform the replacement persons.
We are glad that you liked your stay and appreciated the great service that Thomas, our regular barman gives.
We all wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

kind regards