This place is not ON the Champs-Elysees so don't be fooled by the liberal use of the name of this famous street in the name of the hotel. The service was horrible from the moment we arrived until we left with one exception, Amadou at the front desk.
1. The room was not ready when we arrived.
2. When we finally got into the room, there were used cleaning rags left in the bathroom.
3. The reservation made clear we needed an extra bed in the room to accommodate our family of 4 but it was not there when we got into the room. We had to ask 4 times before, at 11 pm, I went to the front desk in my pajamas and insisted that they provide it to us IMMEDIATELY. That was when Amadou helped us. 20 minutes later, a roll-away bed was rolled in; clearly it had been kept in storage as it was covered in dust and the sheets were not fresh. This was not an appropriate place for my child to sleep (especially as she has some dust mite allergies) so I bit the bullet and slept in it.
4. There are many children running in the halls during the late evening hours; they appear to be in the care of nannies and their parents are out to dinner. About 2 a.m., I finally knocked on the door of the room next door, as the television was playing very loudly and children were playing and yelling. The woman who answered looked helpless in managing the situation, shrugged her shoulders, and closed the door.
The hotel management was not receptive to our complaints and concerns and only upon my return home did they email some kind of partial apology, which was really just an excuse to try to get us to return to their awful hotel. NON, MERCI!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1925, this Haussmanian style building has been the favourite luxury hotel of the American press and Hollywood Stars. More than just a hotel, this is an authentic art gallery for all art lovers with its private collection of over 3000 oils and lithographs. With its fine sense of luxury, this 4 star hotel has been turned into a fine family mansion just a step away from the Champs Elysees and belongs to Les Hotels du Roy group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel California Paris Champs Elysees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel California Paris