All reviewschamps elyseesgreat locationslow wifinice hotelroom servicefour starchecking outfamily roombusiness tripside streetfront desk staffstar hotelthe hotel staffdecent sizearc de triumphsuperior roomcentral location
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The first step to the hotel and was served by a person whom i doubted was supposed to be working in this hotel!! Then i asked if there was free wifi; he replied rudely and said here is the wire if you have a laptop use it!! I said ok and left to my room!! I was surprised with a room which is soo cheap in quality and not as i expected for the amount i paid, the room and.doors where scratched!! I WENT LOOKING FOR A HOTEL THE SAME NIGHT AND BOOKED ANOTHER ONE AND SHIFTED NEXT NIGHT

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Majed A
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This hotel will surprise you. Over 250 French Painting hang on the walls. Very popular hotel with writers. Highly recommended and great location still with privacy. Make your reservation now!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed in the hotel california with friends for 4 days and coulndnt have been happier.The hotel was is a perfect location just around the corner from the champs elysee.All the staff were very friendly & couldnt have done more to help, especially Thierry & Ernest.the food & drink were very reasonably priced compared to local restaurants & bars.I think the rooms had just been refurbished as they looked modern with flat screen tvs ipod docking alarm clocks,we did swap rooms with our friends as i like a bath & we only had a shower,the room had french doors overlooking the courtyard with the lovely sound of the fountain & a kettle & supplies were provided free of charge for tea & coffee.I would definetly recomend this hotel for location & comfort & hope to return some day.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I’ve stayed at the Hotel California about 15-20 times over the years and it has good and bad points. If you’re driving, there’s no car park. The closest is in the same road as the hotel, just as you enter it from the Champs Elysees. This then spits you out into a small shopping mall where you have a five minute walk to the hotel. I dare say they valet park, but I’ve never used it.

About half of the times I’ve checked in I’ve been greeted by the phrase ‘Welcome to the Hotel California!’ – Wonderful, I defy you to not spend the rest of the evening humming it in your head.

They will take your credit card and Photo ID to a little back office to photocopy it. I’m always a little nervous of losing sight of my credit card, but hey ho.

The rooms are where it is hit and miss. The cheapest rooms can be unbelievably small, with a single bed and little room to walk around it. At the other end of the scale, I was once given a room that was on two floors and had three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a lounge. It was more like a house than a hotel room!

The rooms are traditionally decorated with old pictures and ornaments in abundance. If I’m honest, the whole place could do with a lick of paint – but it is a charming hotel.

The bar area is good, with large TVs and entertainment most evenings.

Location is excellent. It’s a two minute walk to the Champs Elysees. There’s an English pub between the hotel and the Champs Elysees for those that prefer that sort of hostelry. The hotel is at the top end of the Champs Elysees, near the Arc du Triomphe, so there are always tourists standing in the road taking pictures.

This is one of those hotels where it really depends on what’s important to you in deciding whether it’s good or not. Location and charm – Yes. Modern and consistent – No.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for what you want - they have many types of room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank shinyredcar
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I have stayed here before, and been given a beautifully elegant parisian room. This time I refused a room without windows ..(at this price I at least want a window!) and was then grudgingly offered a room significantly smaller than what I had stayed in last time, which was not as comfortable. No assistance was given finding a taxi to the airport. Very poor form...

• Stayed: June 2011