“Pricey but quiet location near Champs and Arc de Triumph...”

Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris
Ranked #29 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in a Duplex room facing the interior garden. Facilities are slightly quirky with lots of mirrors and other eclectic design a la Philippe Stark. Including Guitars in every room (as we were told by concierge)

At this price point (750 Euros plus per night) there are a lot of choices (i.e. Prince De Galles and George V Four Seasons in the neighbourhood). But you'll enjoy the serene/quiet street side of Ave. Hoche. Great dining in the French one star restaurant (La Cuisine - where breakfast is served). They also have a beautiful Clarins branded spa. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did!

Room Tip: Garden rooms will be quieter than street views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LHOVancouver
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Lawrence,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

We are delighted to read that you much enjoyed your vacation in the City of Lights and that you found the location of the hotel convenient and quiet. We have shared your compliments with all the team and particularly with the Spa My Blend by Clarins and our Michelin starred restaurant La Cuisine.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed with one child on a weekend in May. Since it was the birthday of our daughter the Hotel Staff gave her really nice girly ballons, a gift, and some sweet delights just after checking in. The hotel is located in one of Paris finest neighborhoods just of the Champs Elyées. We had a very nice suite on the 4th floor.Our spacious Gallery Suite captured the essence of an authentic artist’s gallery, complete with brilliant pieces, photography and custom furniture, granting a refined Parisian living experience, it even had an acoustic guitar for our entertainment. We absolutely loved our bed linen!!

The Bar (Le Bar Long) is a place to meet and talk, this hotel bar in Paris is an unusual spot—its structure is broken up by large white linen curtains, works of art and a surprising collection of lamps and chandeliers. Le Bar Long is a high, long, narrow and luminous bar. For this space, Philippe Starck wanted to break with convention, the repetitive face-to-face layout between patrons and a bartender moving behind a bar. It works and we had a great time. One point for improvement; staff (and there are a lot) could be working much more efficient and friendly. We waited 15 minutes for our drinks to be served and another 10 minutes for the nuts & olives (after we asked for it twice)

The Spa, pool and Gym are very spacious. The pool is a paradise of pure white and is a 23-meter infinity pool with classic music to be heared once under water. Wife and daughter loved it...oké me too.

In short; high end hotel, very nice located, great food, great design, expensive but worth it every penny! We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank HJTRAVELPROF
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Greetings from the City of Lights!

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris to celebrate your daughter’s birthday. Celebration that brings family together are cherished time at Le Royal Monceau, our team pays a very particular attention to every details so as to make that moment even more memorable for our guests. I am thrilled that your daughter enjoyed the birthday amenities and that you all had a fabulous time on this special occasion.

Moreover, I am delighted that you enjoyed your Gallery Suite, The Spa My Blend by Clarins, the artistic vibe of the hotel, its location and the delicate bed linen.

It is also with a particular attention that I read your comment about the service at the bar. I wish to extend my sincere apologies for the delay you encountered. Be assured that I have already reviewed this point with the team concerned so as to take immediate action.

Finally, I wish take this opportunity to thank you for writing such a nice comment about your experience among us. The support of our guests is the best recognition we could receive.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your daughter back to your Parisian home.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed in this hotel for 3 nights with my daughter and would say we had an enjoyable time in Paris. My first reservation about the hotel was when I was double charged the room rate before arrival. I brought this to their notice and was promptly refunded with due apologies. However, that kept me on my toes regarding everything I did there.

Pros
Quiet street.
Tasty in-room dining food with very lovely desert.
Nice infinity pool and hot tub
Excellent concierge.

Cons
The design of the executive room we stayed in is impractical. The food trolley could not pass through to the seating area.

The bathroom though quite nice with all glass has inadequate shelves or storage space for toiletries.

The breakfast was just average.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Bebestic
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris for your recent stay in Paris with your daughter.

We highly value your feedback and would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time. We would like to call you at a convenient time to follow-up on your remarks and have more details.
Kindest Regards

Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris
37 avenue Hoche
75008 Paris
e.mail : generalmanager.paris@raffles.com
tel : +33 1 42 99 88 00

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Staying there on a regular basis and I can tell it offers great service, location and staff. Surely one of the best hotel in Paris. Great pool and gym. Food is excellent although quite pricey, A very good experience

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Michael M

Dear Michael,

Greetings from The City of Lights !

Thank you very much for this great review that you took the time to publish on Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

I am most grateful for your loyalty and I am delighted to read that you enjoy a great service and a very good experience upon each of your stay with us.

I already look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back your Parisian home.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

very artistic hotel in a nice location in paris. almost everything is excellent except the room itself can't quite be called roomy, but it's just normal in paris. the services are particularly good. and the bed is probably the most comfortable compared to those in the 50+ five-star hotels i've every stayed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank rodney_liu

Dear Rodney,

Thank you very much for your precious recommendation on Trip Advisor. We are most grateful that you took the time to publish this review about your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris. The support of our guest is the most precious recognition we can receive.

I am delighted that you choose to stay with us while in Paris and that you enjoyed the comfort of the bed and our convenient location.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

Kindest Regards to Taipei,

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from three wonderful nights at the hotel in a junior suite. The suite was a fantastic size with a huge walk-in wardrobe.. Amazing bathroom with a deep bath and separate walk-in shower, complete with Clinique toiletries... There's also a separate toilet with an electric toto toilet. Amazing! A generous sized living area and bedroom. Two televisions... One in the lounge and one in the bedroom. Hidden behind the mirrors. There's an in room guitar if you're feeling artistic... And lots of art. The in room dining menu was extremely varied... And I called down to room service to ask if I could order from one of the Michelin star restaurants. (The hotel has two). Absolutely! They sent the menus to my room... And I ordered a wonderful selection of beautifully presented food. The best room service ever. There was one small mishap with room service... And Nicholas (f&b manager) quickly rectified the issue promptly and with friendliness. He sent a delicious tray of treats to the room. Very much appreciated. I enjoyed the relaxing charm of the hotel. One thing I noticed, I didn't hear a single noise in my junior suite from other guests. The rooms must be extremely sound proofed. I even took advantage of asking for a Nintendo wii in my room... Needless to say I didn't get bored. The only disappointment I found, which is minor, is that there were no complimentary bottles of water in my room when I arrived. This would have been a nice welcome amenity. The bottles in the minibar were €10. A bit pricey. They did leave a small bottle of water at turn down which was nice. Aside from that, no complaints at all! The staff were extremely friendly. Everyone I met and spoke to were courteous and friendly. There was no snobbery that you sometimes experience at 5 star hotels. I felt so welcome at all times. Even as I left the hotel, and opened the taxi door, a member of staff came running over and apologised for not realising I was getting in the taxi. I'll be back!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank CraigNewcastle
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Craig,

Wow, What a Great Review ! Those are the first words which came to my mind when I read your article.
Thank you very much for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor about your experience at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris. The support of our guest is the best recognition we could receive and we highly value your recommendation on Tripadvisor.
Please, be assured that I have taken great care in relating your compliments to the entire team of Le Royal Monceau and especially to Nicholas our Food and Beverage Manager. This will encourage us to do even better upon your return .

We already look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Your Parisian home.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Occasionally you find gems of hotels where every single person working at the hotel lk we what they do and goes out of their way to make your stay as good as possible. Incredible service, awesome food, design classic rooms - even a kids concierge. Unbelievably good.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank DUBAIPUBLISHER
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

It really is a delight to read comments like yours and see that we have succeeded in making your stay at Le Royal Monceau unbelievably good. This is exactly what we wish for our guests and that is the reason why all of us are trying to “go out of the way” to achieve that.

Please be assured that your impressions have been shared with everyone and that the team members of the departments you mentioned have been very proud to hear that they helped to make your stay memorable.

We are hoping to welcome you back very soon to Le Royal Monceau Paris!