Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
1,314 results
All reviewsphilippe starckarc de triomphela cuisineclarins spail carpacciogallery suitesignature suiteindoor poolmacaroonsle barconcierge servicestunning hotelwalk in closetmodern designbreakfast buffet isexecutive roomfour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in Paris and definitely one of my favs in the world. It is excellent from the design of the room, all mirror bathroom, hip details, excellent food and top notch service. In short, hip and class all in one.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank iliveforholiday
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a warm review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are honoured to be one of your favourite hotels in the world, we really do strive for perfection and so it is a pleasure when a guest is so happy with their stay.

We are delighted to read that you found all the details of the hotel excellent and most of all that you were well looked after by our dedicated team. I will of course ensure that each of your kind words are passed on to those concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Parisian home, Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, very soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend of our wedding anniversary 19/20 October 2013. We have previously stayed at Raffles Singapore twice and to be honest we expected similar service here but sadly did not recieve it.
We arrived at lunch time and our room was not ready, we were advised to return after 2pm when it would be, we returned at 3.15 and it was still not ready.
Through out our stay staff spoke to us in French repeatedly they did not know we were English, in Raffles Singapore they knew our names.
In all the restaurants we had issues, the Italian with the wine waiter and other staff who just seemed too pushy with add ons like truffles before we even decided on our choices.of food. We were tired so gave them the benefit of doubt. The French was late opening on Sunday and no one could tell us when it would open as they had a team meeeting going on, we were annoyed as we had an early departure the following day.
At breakfast the waiter forgot our drinks order and we had to call him over and re order. At dinner in the French they sat us at the coldest table by the window so we asked to be moved, there was no one else in at the time!! Several couples after us were seated there and also asked to be moved too! The wine waiter here too thought my wine choice, of a Euro 125 bottle of Chablis, too young for my fish.
We have booked Raffles Praslin next May for a week and are reconsidering if we should go.

The room we had in France was spotless and the pool area very good, restaurants aside the hotel was fine but not a patch on Raffles Singapore. It might have helped if the menus and wine lists had been placed in rooms as they were quite complicated to find your way through, especially when tired and pressured.

8  Thank john h

Dear Sir,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and are grateful that you have provided us with a full review of you experience.

We are pleased to hear that you were happy with your room and had the chance to enjoy the spa also during your weekend at Le Royal Monceau.

On behalf of the whole team here I would like to express our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you, particularly on such a special occasion as your wedding anniversary. We would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time. We would like to call you at a convenient time to follow-up on your remarks and have more details.

Tel: +33 (0)1 42 99 88 00
e.mail: general.manager@raffles.com

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, the hotel rooms are amazing. We stayed in the Studio room and the bathroom completely blows you away! Clarins toiletries also very nice. We checked out early but left our baggage with the Hotel as we had a late flight - when we returned later in evening was informed by the Front Desk that they would be charging 45 EUR to my credit card as a mini bar charge. This was a real surprise as we had not used the mini bar at all ...anyhow the girl at the Front Desk agreed to delete the charge but it still left a sour end to our trip. To our dismay we later receive a letter from the Hotel stating they had charged 45 EUR to my credit card!!!! After a phone call to the Hotel they agreed to rectify this but surely this should not have happened in the first place!! Could have been handled much better....

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of Le Royal Monceau on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you were blown away by the room and enjoyed all the amenities.

Concerning your remark on the mini bar late charge, I wish to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Please be assured that I have immediately reviewed this point with the team concerned and necessary action has been taken.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, very soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

When a hotel is 5* you expect the best and this is what you get at le Royal Monceau!
The staff are fantastic and the facilities are beyond anything I've seen in any other hotel!

We spent 3 nights here and just found it absolutely luxurious...the spa is a haven and the home cinema is such a rare treat!!

Just a final quick note about the food- if you are lucky enough to stay here DO have the brunch,it is wonderful and worth every penny!

Thank you everyone at the hotel who made our stay the best ever, we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review of your time spent in the City of Lights.

Nothing gives us greater pleasure than hearing that a guest has been wowed by Le Royal Monceau and enjoyed all the facilities we have here. The spa My Blend By Clarins is certainly wonderful! We are proud to have just taken top spot in Forbes's Hot List for Paris Spas.

We are delighted to read that you also had the time to experience our weekend brunch. I will personally pass on your warm comments to the team here who will be pleased to hear such positive feedback.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I knew this was a fabulous hotel but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much to avoid disappointment. Lucky for me, I wasn't disappointed at all! This hotel actually exceeded all expectations despite what they charge for a room. It really was the little things at this hotel which I just loved.

As soon as we pulled up, we were greeted by doormen in cute top hats. One point- I'm an easy sell sometimes! We checked in but do be aware that they put a hefty hold on your card for incidentals. This most likely isn't a problem for the clientele they attract but for me, I use one card when traveling due to no fees so definitely want to make sure you have room for the hold and shopping at the LV flagship store which is a 10 minute walk away :-)

After check in, they show you around the magnificent hotel. It is GLORIOUS! Not that I would expect anything less at a Philippe Starck designed hotel. But everything really is beautiful and the hotel smells devine (the little things for me). There are 3 large elevators (rare in Paris) so we never had to wait.

We had the studio room which was perfect size for us. Small by any other hotel standards but decent sized for Paris. There is a small table to sit at with big comfy chairs and a desk behind the bed. Loved the mirrors everywhere and the TV behind the mirror. Great use of space. I especially loved the satin throw on the bed (another little thing). The closet was another example of great use of space. The bathroom was super spacious with a huge tub and separate standing shower. 2 separate sinks each with it's own mirror, shelf underneath, and small open trash bin under the shelf. Again, the small well thought out details like this. Sure, they could have one trash can but when getting ready at the sink, it is so nice to have a garbage right there. I know you're thinking why is she so enthralled with the trash bin but after coming from the Westin Vendome where the bathroom garbage was a super short bin with a lid that you had to bend over to open with your hands to throw something away, you really appreciate a bin like this!

Internet was perfect and they brought us up an extra adaptor when we realized one of the 3 prong outlets wasn't working. They also brought us a decadent chocolate mousse cake-thingy with truffles to welcome us and macarons the next day. As if I wasn't already sold on this place. Robe was nice, slippers were up there with my faves. Loved the turn down service- they lie all of your pillows flat, slippers next to the bed, and bottles of water on the bedside table.

Location is perfect! 5 min walk from the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs or Rue de Faubourg. The Charles de Gaulle station is also a 5 min walk, Eiffel Tower is 2 stops away or a 25 min beautiful walk. L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon is also a 10 min walk away and totally worth the money.

We didn't get a chance to try any of the hotel restaurants but the bar was fun and always lively. Service can be a little slow there but it's so energetic, you don't really notice. Also, didn't get a chance to try to gym, pool or spa. I never used the concierge as I prefer to book things in advance myself so cannot comment on them either.

I absolutely cannot wait to stay at this hotel again and hopefully for a longer stay next time! The one downside is it's hard to leave your room sometimes!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a complete and glowing review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guests is highly valuable to us and thus your comments are much appreciated.

We are so glad that all your expectations for the hotel were fulfilled when you arrived and that you enjoyed your stay at Le Royal Monceau. It is such a delight to read that you appreciated all the little details designed by Starck, they really do make a difference!

What great news that you are already planning your return visit, we look forward to welcoming you back to your Parisian home, Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, very soon.