“Magnifique! The best of the best.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris

Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris
Ranked #14 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Boston, Massachusetts
“Magnifique! The best of the best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you have the chance to stay here, you should absolutely do it. This hotel has a ton of style, is incredibly comfortable and uber-luxurious, and has a very warm gracious team working there. What's nice is that it is certainly luxe but not stuffy in any way.

Here's my favorite things:

ROOM: I had the base room, and it was lovely. Big king bed with the best linens ever, enormous bathroom with heated granite floors, clarins bath products, the best shower with multiple nozzles, and fluffy towels that make all other towels feel like sandpaper. A guitar in the corner for plucking, a TV that is built into the mirror so it is unobtrusive, a desk with tons of plugs, and anything else you can think of. Nice technological touches but all functional as opposed to silly. My room overlooked the courtyard and was very quiet.

WAKE-UP SERVICE: This is a tip that you can use. If you get a wake-up call, they will ask if you want a beverage with your wake-up call. So I said, sure, how about a latte. The next morning, the phone rings with the wake-up- a lovely nice voice greets me and wishes me a fine day. THEN ding-dong, and at my door is my delicious late and a lovely little tray with the paper. Yes, it is timed that well. So every day this was a little complimentary treat! Yes, free! Couldn't have been more delightful.

ROOM SERVICE: I had room service and there is a very complete menu. The delivery is incredibly fast. The "TV Dinner," a new item on their menu apparently, gets you a salad, a pasta and a dessert for a very fair price. One time they mischarged me for the dinner and they quickly rectified it, plus sent a plate of macaroons for my trouble. Please! I couldn't believe how thoughtful this hotel was. Just one example.

POOL: Tied for first place for best city hotel pool with the Park Hyatt Tokyo. Great sublevel warm pool with a professional swimcoach attendant who gives you swim tips, hands you a swim noodle, etc. You feel so well-treated here. Then outside the pool is the spa and there are nuts, juices, etc for consumption. Check out the pool pictures and then know it is ten times better than what you see.

SERVICE, GENERAL: I was always greeted warmly by name, given many helpful tips by the concierge, and really, just everyone was lovely at the hotel. An example of the service: I needed to find a special suntan lotion for a colleague and couldn't find it anywhere. The concierge tracked down a nearby pharmacy that carried it so we could go buy it.

We had a terrific stay. Job well done to the team at the hotel and thank you! We were so sad to leave.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sfbarb
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Madam,

“Merci beaucoup” just isn’t enough to thank you for such a raving review about Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris!

We are truly touched that you took the time to share all the details that made your stay with us special and we are thrilled that you had a terrific stay.

The fact that you found Le Royal Monceau stylish, comfortable and uber-luxurious with a warm and thoughtful service is exactly what we love to hear. The entire team was delighted with your kind comments and thank you for your recognition, in particular the concierge.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Parisian home, and hope next time you won’t leave so soon!

Best Regards,

Ömer Acar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I wish to thank the amazing team of Royal Monceau for pampering us during our anniversary. From the arrival to our departure everything was beyond our expectations! The upgrade, the champagne, the flowers were a very nice surprise and the hotel facilities are absolutly stunning but it is nothing compare to the kindness of the staff. We felt pampered and they were amazing in organizing this surprise anniversary week-end. They know what hospitality means and serve you in the most gracefull and genuine way.
I usually stay at le Bristol but I will now change my habits for le monceau. My wife and I had an amazing week-end and we cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter Y
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Peter,

As Audrey Hepburn said : Paris is always a good idea…. and an even better choice to celebrate a special occasion.

I am thrilled to read that you and your wife felt pampered by our team during your anniversary week-end at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris and that you enjoyed the special amenities, the upgrade and the facilities.

On behalf of the entire team at Le Royal Monceau I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review, it means a lot to us.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back soon to your Parisian home.

Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

“Designed by Philippe Starck, this hotel is all about art! Complete with it’s own gallery, book store, and even a personal art concierge – everywhere you turn is marked by wit and whimsy. Shining chandeliers. Wrought-iron staircases. Exposed brickwork. Plush carpets. Majestic screening room. Even an on-site herb garden that serves all three onsite restaurants. Be sure not to miss ''La Cuisine', a current hot spot for Paris locals. The rooms are delightfully comfortable pairing Art Deco designs with the latest technology (of course brilliantly concealed to not detract from the general aesthetic). The staff is top notch, and the Clarins spa is to die – so beautiful and ethereal, all water and mirrors, cream and pink. Quite frankly, I’ve always been a Ritz devotee, but now that it’s been renovated – this is my absolute top choice.”

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Consigliera-S
Dear Madam,

This is my absolute top choice . A sentence which is a precious award to the entire team of Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

We are most grateful that you took the time to share your impressions about Le Royal Monceau on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your vacation in the City of Lights despite the cold weather of February. We sincerely hope that you will come back soon to enjoy sunny Paris, its beautiful park and a delicious Pierre Herme ice cream on our terrace.

Moreover we are hosting a new exhibition in the art gallery about a French sculptor Richard Orlinski. A good excuse to visit us.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Parisian Home.

Kindest Regards to Greenwich,

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

with the ritz under remodel, we needed a place with a nice long pool for swimming in paris... tough to find! service and food was AMAZING! rooms are kind of odd and hard to figure out, wish they would have shown us around them more, but we figured it out. concierge service was okay, but gave some misinformation about when eiffel tower lights up. yes walls are thin, but it's paris. use the earplugs from the plane! you get bad information on room size when you try to book your rooms. plenty big to add a child, but they will say no and make you pay deeply for it, even though there is TONS of room in the rooms. restaurant for dinner and breakfast top notch. spa and pool seemed fine. pool was very crowded with lap swimmers at 9p one night we were there, and i didn't get to go back. easy access to top sites. they do call the cabs early and you get stuck with the wait fee, so book them when you know you will be downstairs. business center was clean and helpful, but no pens. the best part is the express service that gets you at CDG and speeds you through special security lines and ticket counters. worth every penny!

Room Tip: get a room higher up and on the corner maybe on back side to avoid noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Greetings from the City of Lights!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris after your recent vacation in Paris.

We were thrilled to read that you found the service and food amazing. It was our pleasure to extend a complimentary upgrade to a Junior Suite and Gallery Suite which are indeed very spacious. The category of room that you had originally reserved does not accommodate more than 2 people, for this reason we proposed you additional rooms to welcome your entire family.

It is also with a particular attention that I read your remarks about the concierge service and the business center. We wish to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please be assured that I have already review these points with the teams concerned so as to take immediate actions.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

Bucharest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed 2 nights there and the room was very beautiful but I couldn't sleep one whole night from the noise that I heard from my neighbours room. Even after i complained to the front desk the situation didn't change. After this terrible night I need a taxi to go outside Paris at a meeting, I ordered a taxi with the door man but I had to wait more than 30 minutes to get a taxi. Next morning I was checking out and order to the concierge in the previous evening a taxi for next morning. In the morning when I asked about my taxi order they answered me that it raining and that's why the taxi didn't come. I was waiting another 30 minutes to get a taxi. So I was almost in the situation to miss the train, This is not normal for such a hotel and no matter how many excuses I will hear it's hard for me to come back here in a future trip

Room Tip: choose another hotel, not so noisy!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
11 Thank Meda_C
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Madam,

We thank you for sharing your opinion after your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

First of all we wish to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you .We highly value your feedback and would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time. We would like to call you at a convenient time to follow-up on your remarks and have more details.

Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris
37 avenue Hoche
75008 Paris
Tel: +33 (0)1 42 99 88 00
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed five days to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel is beautifully decorated. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The housekeeping staff however were not at the level of a five star hotel. Several times we requested our towels changed to find the same wet towels on our return from diner. Another time we were left without robes or towels. The air conditioning in our room was broken during a hot week in Paris. They fixed it but it should have been checked before they gave us the room. The do not disturb button was also malfunctioning and we had the cleaning service wake us up repeatedly until they fixed it.

The concierge staff were excellent and very helpful. However, the experience with housekeeping did not encourage us to return here.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Cafe884
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Your feedback is invaluable to us, so we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post this review on tripadvisor after your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

I am happy that you enjoyed the hotel’s decoration, rooms, and concierge team.

However, it is with a particular attention that I read your comment on the housekeeping service. I wish to present you our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Please be assured that I have personally reviewed this point with the housekeeping team so as to take immediate action.

Kindest Regards

Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris
37 avenue Hoche
75008 Paris
Tel: +33 (0)1 42 99 88 00
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Such an incredible experience. In the center of Paris near the Triumph Arc but in the calmer area.
A perfect balance of understatement and astonishing surprise:
decor has been developed by Philippe Starck in complete respect of the historical place, but with such out of the ordinary ideas!
We used the Cinema Lumieres: an underground wonderful Cinema hall ,with sand color leather seats except for one :outstanding orange!
The two restaurants are delicious : etoilé by the Michelin guide. Pastry by famous Pierre Hermé.
The terrace one very enjoyable in this season. We had lunch under a golden sort of huge bell.
Pulpe carpaccio and wonderful tender veau. On the terrace, the day before I had an wonderful Lobster club sandwich.
I also visited the outsanding suites. A Clarins SPA on the undergroung floor.
They Hotel has a very refined Bookshop selling also design objects, and from the Hotel you directly enter to the Luxury Concept Store Monceau l'Eclaireur: prepare your wallet!:-)
All the staff is just outstanding: everyone is very professional and extremely kind and polite.
Just a wonderful Luxury Experience to live in life at least once!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review and pictures on tripadvisor about Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris

I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Philippe Starck decor and our two Michelin starred restaurants, and had the chance to experience our Cinéma des Lumieres. Luckily the weather contributed so that you could have a pleasant meal in our terrace!

Once again, thank you for these very kind comments, which will surely delight our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.