“Very stylish and fancy hotel in the heart of Paris”

Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris
Ranked #27 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We spent 3 night in Raffles Le Royal Monceau in Paris in May. Hotel was absolutely amazing - from spacious room with very sophisticated design by Philip Stark, luxurious amenities and very soft beds to high-end restaurants and bar. It is rarely when you can have such an extraordinary SPA and swimming-pool in Paris. Location is very good in a very quiet street, just 2 steps from Arche de Triumphs, 5-7 minutes walk to George V ave where your shopping begins and close t Champes Elysee. All concierge staff was very helpful in arranging our activities and booking and suggesting restaurants. I do suggest you to try Raffles if you have tried other high-end hotels of Paris. It is different to what you usually see in Paris and I love that.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is very good
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Felix1209
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to read that Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris offered you a different and enjoyable experience in Paris. I am very happy that our facilities and amenities were to your liking and that our Concierge was able to help you with your trip. Your very kind words have already been shared with the entire team in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Parisian Home, Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

There are newer reviews for Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Very helpful staff, wonderful food, spacious rooms and in the heart of Paris. Only downside is you often have to wait a while for your food to be served but it is worth the wait! Also the hotel is very child friendly, providing toys and colouring books.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Donna W
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Donna,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you found our staff helpful, our food delightful and our rooms spacious. Our greatest motivation is the satisfaction of our guests during their stay and I am very happy that we were able to achieve that.

However, I would like to extend my apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay in serving your food order. I will immediately share your comment with the team concerned in order to further improve our service delivery.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I admit I'm hard to please on city hotels - they're often staid, cramped and lacking in amenities. Le Royal Monceau was none of those - though we paid accordingly...

Lots of pluses - nice buzz in the bar, lovely breakfast buffet, stylish room (junior suite), decent sized indoor pool with long opening hours, handily positioned close to Etoile Metro and the Champs Elysee. Internal terrace/garden looked good - but not yet in use in a pretty cold week.
A few niggles - the Italian restaurant was disappointing, the bed sheets were rougher than I'd expect and left my (somewhat sensitive) skin sore and itchy, and the sizeable payment guarantee on arrival paralysed our credit card for the week.

Would we return? Maybe - for the pool and the general ambience but we'd have dinner elsewhere. (Les 110 de Taillevent just around the corner was great).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First of all we thank you for sharing your opinion after your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

We were very please to ready that you enjoyed the ambiance in the bar, the breakfast at the restaurant La Cuisine and the pool of the Spa My Blend By Clarins.

It is also with a particular attention that I read your remark on the bed sheets and I wish to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. The sheets are made out of linen but please be sure that we will be happy to do your bed with satinized cotton to avoid this situation to happen again.

With regards to your experience at Il Carpaccio, I would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time. We would like to call you at a convenient time to follow-up on your remarks and have more details.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I traveled to Paris many, many times. I tried all the 5* hotels till now. Last december (2012) one of my best friends recommended me to try this hotel. The lady opinion counts for me, as long as she travel a lot, trying to find exquisite destinations. The hotel look very nice, totally face-lifted by Philip Starck. Our Junior Suite was really very nice looking and the hotel bar was very cozy, a nice place to spend some time before or after dinner. But, from the point of view of the services, something happened for first time in our history as travelers.
One morning I was enjoying the breakfast with my husband, on a window table for two. Next to us there were another 3-4 occupied tables. Out of the blu, a gentleman came to us and asked very sharp... to leave, because the restaurant must prepare the tables for brunch. Then he goes to the rest of the people's to deliver same message. We've been amazed. We asked to speak with the manager, but the manager was exactly the guy which delivered the message. We asked then to speak with the Guest relation manager, a nice and professional lady which apologized for the incident. The idea is that the kind of clients of this sort of hotels agree to pay the huge tariffs for best services, for being pampered by the personnel and respected by them, not only for a nice room with hot water!!! Something like this just cannot be happening, to be literally thrown out of the restaurant, using words like that, directly and simple!!!
And speaking about the services, being December, outside was very cold and, in order to go to the hotel main lobby, to the restaurant or to the bar, after you go out from the elevator you must pass through a small lobby and to open a very heavy door. It was cold in this small lobby because of the continuously opening of the front door and only sporadically we found somebody to open the second door for us, otherwise we had to use our arms muscles in order to succeed opening that door... What can I say... Small details could ruin a lot of things well done...

Room Tip: Regular rooms are very small. Try a Junior Suite.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
16  Thank review2009Europe

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel’s new look by Philippe Starck and that you found Le Bar Long to be cozy and a nice place to spend some time.

However, I was disappointed to read that some details kept you from thoroughly enjoying your stay. Regarding the door, I am happy to share with you that we have recently installed a revolving door at the main entrance which keeps the lobby at a stable temperature , thus avoiding the nuisance you unfortunately went through.

As for the incident during your breakfast, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused to you, I can assure you that I have immediately reviewed this point with the teams involved .

We highly value your feedback as it is what enables us to keep improving our services. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris and prove to you that what you experienced is not the level of service we offer our esteemed guests.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was planning to propose to my now fiancée in Paris, and after looking around at all the various 5* hotels around, I settled for Raffles.

Having been planning this proposal for quite a while, and emailing the the hotel back and forth, they could not have been more accommodating, everyone from guest relations to the concierge team were nothing short of amazing. By the time I got there, I was welcomed as if we were family. It says a lot when the doormen welcome you by your name when you first arrive (before even checking-in!).

The hotel itself is exactly what you would expect of a upper 5* hotel in one of the world's fashion capitals, Stark clearly left his mark here. Whilst the location of the hotel is very central, it is only two streets away from Champs-Élysées, it is enough to take you away the busy/touristy side of it all.

The rooms were extremely clean, spacious and had an understated luxury which I much prefer. A more modern twist to the usual Parisian glamour.
The service we experienced during our stay was exceptional, for example; we went to Guy Savoy's restaurant for dinner, which was approximately a 10min walk from the hotel. The hotel were already aware of this reservation, so when I asked the concierge team which way would be the best to walk, his reply was along the lines of: "please do not worry Monsieur, the concierge car is already waiting for you outside".

I'll be returning to Paris, and the one thing is for sure, I don't have to worry about where to stay. Le Royal Monceau, you've got yourselves life long customers here. Kudos indeed!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Sir,

First of all, congratulations on your engagement !! We are touched that you chose to share this very special moment with us at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris. And thank you very much for taking the time to write this most kind review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to host you and your fiancee. I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay and that our team provided an accommodating and exceptional service. The team will be delighted to read your wonderful comments. I am also very happy to see you enjoyed our rooms and the Philippe Starck design.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Parisian Home, Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris and, once again, congratulations!

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We wanted to check out the newly renovated Royal Monceau Hotel and fancied a few cocktails so we headed out on a cold night for some fun.

The hotel is quite impressive from a design point of view and has two good restaurants one of them is a franchise of Nobu the other an italian. The whole hotel is very cool and full of young sexy people having a good time.

We were escorted to the cocktail bar by a very helpful and very sexy french hostess. The cocktail bar is really impressive its high and back light and theres is a long glass high table lit from underneath as a centre piece to the bar were we sat. The menu has a large selection of long cocktail drinks, beers spirits, wines and modern tapas. They have a resident dj and he was banging out some silky smooth funky house beats all throughout the hotel lobby, restaurant and bar area.

Our cocktail waiter was a bit useless and had an attitude of being far too sexy for his white cocktail jacket. The misses ordered a long rum based cocktail and I had a very large glass of Cote du Rhone. We munched on spicy wasabi peas and fat spanish olives.

Afterwards we explored the hotel, the toilets were all in white marble and I had to think of the toilet scene in the film the shining where the cheese finally slips off Jack's cracker and realises he's going mad! The hotel has a great boutique full of arty books and gifts to browse over.

Check it out its very cool

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comment on Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris with the community of Tripadvisor. We love to read that Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris is impressive.

We are thrilled to read that you had such a nice stay with us while in the City of Lights and that Jean-Edouard Lipa, our DJ, and his silky smooth beats were to your satisfaction. You can count on me to personally relay your compliments to him and the rest of the team.

However, we have taken to heart your comment regarding the behavior of the cocktail waiter. It is most disappointing that you received an inappropriate service and I wish to apologize for the inconveniences caused to you. Let me assure you that I have personally reviewed this point with the team concerned so as to take immediate action.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back so you can enjoy our Chefs Laurent Andre and Gabriel Grapin’s fresh spring menu at La Cuisine.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2013

since the hotel opened after renovation in 2010, everything is getting better and better, fm service to food, and i think the hotel is becoming mature enough now to offer the best Paris has to offer in terms of hotel. I enjoyed every minute of my stay, room service was excellent, the bar is really nice and lively now, the brunch on sunday on the terrace is the best in Paris. Location is amazing. Every Paris lover should try this hotel, you will even be more in love with Paris after your stay at the RM.

Room Tip: Junior suite very comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Greetings from the City of Lights!

Thank you for taking the time to post this second review on Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

We are delighted to read that you think the hotel is improving and offering the best Paris has to offer. It is always a great reward to know our guests enjoyed their stay with us and that it only made them love Paris more!