“Very nice desing!”

Ranked #25 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Antwerp, Belgium
“Very nice desing!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Well, my last stay in Paris was in another hotel, the Mandarin Oriental, which was 'superbe' , so I was a bit doubtful about this hotel..
I arrived at 17 pm, my room was not ready, which is ofcourse never nice.
I waited in the bar, but it would have been a lot better that they immediately would have said that it would take another two hours for my room to get ready... At least, then one has the ability to do something else, or to take a plunge in the pool.
But I was kept waiting (another 20 minutes sir, another 5 minutes sir,...) and finally at 19 pm I was givven a room. But the front office was kind enough to offer me an upgrade to a bigger room! Okay, it was the least they could do, but it helps, cause my irritation disappeared when I saw the room: gorgeous, spacious, very well equipped, stunning all-mirror bathroom,... ! Very nice!

So: room: perfect! But next time: don't keep me waiting for two hours...

Service: well, depends on who is serving you, and this should not be the case in a 5star hotel!
Some of the staff in bar and restaurant are really nice and friendly, but not all of them. Some run around looking very busy, but avoid eyecontact, not acknowledging that they have seen you.
When I wanted to have my evening cocktail outside, the blunt anwer was: we don't serve outside anymore. In a 5star hotel: when I want to sit outside (and you have this beautifull patio!!), you arrange for me to sit outside!!! That is called service... (and there were still other guests sitting outside...)
So there was a difference in service, depending on who was in front of you... There was this one young guy, I think the lowest in rank, which was the best!! He had seen me once, and already remembered for the next days how I wanted my tea. Pitty I didn't remember his name, cause his should get a promotion. He kept an eye out for every customer, smiling, making eye contact, ...! Hope their managers see his dedication.

Spa: perfect! Very nice!! Had a treatment at my arrival, super! I tried to arrange another last minute massage before catching my Thalys, and ofcourse they were fully booked (my fault for not booking in time), but they did their best to try to squeeze me in. They even came to the restaurant to find me (where I was having breakfast) to propose some options, but unfortunately I had to pass due to the departing time of my train. But I really felt that they were doing their utmost best, and that is appreciated!! So good job for the spa (I think that the very beautifull lady trying to squeeze me in, was the gerant or owner).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank CCLGRS
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Sir,

We thank you for sharing your opinion after your stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the Spa My Blend by Clarins and that your found the room gorgeous and very well equipped.

Noting your remarks on the service you received at the reception and the bar, I thank you for this candid feedback and would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time. We would like to call you at a convenient time to follow-up on your remarks and have more details.

Kindest Regards,

Ömer Acar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Extremely impressive with this hotel. I even cancelled my reservation at Le Bristol. Le RM is very young, great design, and the service was outstanding. Highly recommended. We got an amazing cake for our room service being delay by just few minutes. We also got a complimentary drink with a wake up call (amazing). The spa is out of this world.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marterism
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir

We thank you so much for your wonderful comments!

Words are not enough to express to you our gratitude for all these compliments regarding the service you experienced, the design and the spa My Blend By Clarins. Be assured that I have already shared your feedback with all the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, your Parisian home.

Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at the Royal Monceau for 2 nights beginning of September. My first impression upon arrival was very good. We had an artist studio on the 7th floor. The room is large nicely decorated . But unfortunately for us ..way too many mirrors in this studio, everywhere you turn there is a mirror in the entrance, bathroom, closet, bathroom and I am talking about the whole room is plastered with mirrors and as far as I am concern it takes away from the rest of the room. It is very modern with all the latest amenities you can wish for.
The staff is very knowledgeable and pleasant , when ever they greet you, they always seem to remember your name. It is a very expensive property in every way. So for those you cant afford all this luxury, for those who can enjoy !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth29867
Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback on TripAdvisor after your recent at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

We are very happy that you found our staff pleasant and very knowledgeable. Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.

Regarding the room, I was happy that you found it large and nicely decorated. Though I am sorry that the mirrors are to numerous for you. Please, do not hesitate to mention your preference upon reservation and we will pay a particular attention to your room allocation for any further stay with us.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon among us at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

2020
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Le Royal Monceau is a beautiful hotel.
Rooms are wonderfully designed, but small and a bit crowded, even for 2 people.
The beds were very comfortable.

Location is a bit off. Its an additional 10-15 min walk to everywhere.
Champs-Elysees is close by, as well as the Arc de Triomphe, but the hotel is a few blocks out in Ave Hoche.

Overall Service was good, but mixed. Very helpful concierge, but appalling service from the front desk at checkout.The inattentive doormen open the door just as your are about to open it yourself. And it seems like expecting tips are the norm as staff would hover and slowly leave the room after every nice gesture.

Wardrobe was tight and could not fit 2 luggages. The work desk was more like a side table.

The Bathroom is amazing. Its well designed and generous is size. Nice rain shower as well. and a picture window to remind you that you're in Paris!

The hotel is great. I'd probably stay here again. But it was nothing out of the ordinary, no chocolates on the pillow, no personal greeting, no warm welcome. One could expect more from the Raffle brand. And for the 700 Euro price tag, smallish-rooms, and slightly-off location, I could not recommend it as a definitive choice, but its still a wonderful selection if you'd want to stay in a modern Palace hotel.

* The Clarins Spa Pool is great. A good relaxing swim after a tiring day of sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank wallyQ
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for taking the time to write a candid comment about your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

We are pleased to read that you appreciated the bathroom, the spa my Blend by Clarins as well as the design. I also wish to thank you for pointing out the work of our concierges. They always try to meet our guests ‘expectations and your comment is a real reward for all of them.

However, we have taken to heart your comment regarding the behavior of the doormen and the front desk team. It is most disappointing that you receive an inattentive and inappropriate service and I wish to apologize for the inconveniences caused to you. Let me assure you that I have personally reviewed the teams concerned so as to take immediate actions.

I highly value your feedback and would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time. I would like to call you at a convenient time to follow-up on your remarks and have more details.

I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you on a future visit to Paris and of welcoming you back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The staff at the hotel are the best I have ever encountered. They were friendly, kind, helpful and impeccable. This is how service is done. Really really amazing mix between amazing service and friendliness. Wonderful wonderful staff.

The hotel is very Starck which might not be to everyone's taste. The spa is heavenly. The beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms have a lot of mirrors. We were still in bed when they came to make up our room and then had to chase them up a bit late in the day to come back and do it - only minor complaint.

I want the receptionists, door guys and drivers to be my friends. Really impressive service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris!

We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you, it was a "mix between amazing service and friendliness". I have personally relay your compliments to the reception, doormen and driver teams and they were all very proud about it.

It is also with a particular attention that I read your comment regarding the housekeeping and wish to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Your feedback is important to us and I have review this point with the team concerned so as to take immediate action.

We hope to see you again soon at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, your Parisian home.

Kindest regards,

Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris
Totton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife warned me that this wasn't going to be like the 'Grand Old Lady' in Singapore, so I accepted the fact that we were staying at a very different Raffles with mixed feelings. (I like creaking floor boards, whirring ceiling fans and throwing peanut shells onto the floor in the Long Bar).

However, all my misgivings evaporated on our check-in at this marvellous place. We were greeted with the news that we had been upgraded to a Junior Suite, and were taken up by a truly charming lady who showed us around the hotel and explained all the features of the suite.

We only stayed for three nights, but the stay was superb, with the invaluable assistance of the extremely professional and very friendly staff. The doormen, reception, bar and restaurant personnel are the best we have ever encountered. Meeting a member of staff who had spent some time working at a hotel in the New Forest, very close to our home in UK, was an unexpected and pleasant suprise.

A wonderful hotel, made so by the exceptional staff. Thanks to all of you. My wife and daughter will be visiting in December. I, unfortunately, will not be joining them as I will be away earning the money to pay for their trip!!

Room Tip: Just check in at this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor after your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

I am was delighted to read that you found the hotel wonderful and the staff exceptional. The satisfaction of our guest is our best reward and we could not be happier while reading that you will be coming back with your daughter for Christmas season. I have pass along your compliments to the team who was pleased to see they made such a difference in your stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, your Parisian home

Sincerely Yours,

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had an absolutely fantastic stay at this hotel. This hotel is beautiful and the design is truly exceptional. All the staff there are outstanding and provide superb services. I was upgraded to a junior suite which was out of this world. I didn't want to leave the room!!
There was a bottle of champagne waiting for me in the room upon my arrival which was exquisite.
The spa is definitely one of the highlights of my stay. I cannot even use words to describe how wonderful the spa is. The steam and sauna were very clean and the swimming pool is just beautiful and WHITE!
The food quality is also superb !!
I will absolutely stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BforBoy
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Sir,

Only one word cross my mind when I read your article : Thank you !

Indeed, thank you very much for taking the time write a review after your recent stay with us. We love to take you out of this world, it certainly means that you feel at home at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris. Your satisfaction is true reward and you can count on me to share your kind words with the entire team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Parisian Home.

Sincerely Yours,