Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$1,219
  • Room Service
$163
$149
  • Restaurant
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$164
$564
$508
  • Restaurant
1,324 results
All reviewsphilippe starckarc de triomphela cuisineclarins spail carpacciogallery suitesignature suiteindoor poolmacaroonsle barconcierge servicestunning hotelwalk in closetmodern designbreakfast buffet isexecutive roomfour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed in the Royal Monceau with my fiancee last April. This is hands down one of the best hotels that we have ever. From booking until the airport drop off, everything was memorable...

The hotel itself is indeed one of the palaces in Paris - one of the best there is. Decor was impeccable a perfect marriage of modern and classic themes. Definitely a must see especially at night! The lamps outside of the hotel gave it a wow factor! We were truly amazed especially coming from a great night out in the city to see the property bathe in red lighting with their clever use of the lamps in the street.

The rooms were one of the best I have ever stayed in, very tastefully done and oozing with luxury. The TVs were hidden behind mirrors which are literally invisible until switched on. There is a partially separate living area from the bed area, walk-in closet, a very generous bathroom which rivals some apartment bedrooms! As a trademark in all rooms, there is a guitar which one can use throughout their stay.

Service is definitely what sets this property apart from other hotels in Paris. The staff here really do go out of their way to make sure that your stay is memorable. I had set my sights in making sure that we spoil ourselves and I planned everything with the help of the reservations team who assisted in making sure that all of my requests have been placed in the room. The operations team did an excellent job in exceed all of my expectations when we got to the room after an excellent dinner in their french restaurant. From roses, to champagne, they even provided some excellent pastries, and set-up the room very intimately. The front office staff here are by far the best that I have ever dealt with. All of my interaction with them were efficient and very pleasant. There was a moment during our stay that I forgot my keys to the room, and when I went back to the front desk for another key, I didn't even need to ask as if they read my mind, they just gave me another key card with a smile! One of the staff that I can really commend was this young gentleman named Arnaud at front desk. He was very knowledgeable of the hotel, the city, and assisted us throughout our stay. He is truly an asset to this hotel in making memorable stays for all of their guests.

One good tip is to visit the concierge team to plan your stay in Paris. They will definitely give you the VIP treatment and also give your the tips to skip all of the queues in the major attractions. We booked our visit to the Louvre with them and we got our tickets on the spot, and they even gave us a tip in missing the huge line outside of the queue.

I can definitely recommend staying at the Royal Monceau to anyone. Yes, it is expensive. However, after your stay here, you will definitely forget the costs as they definitely pamper you and treat you as VIP guests. Well worth it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mike0618
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear Sir,

Merci Beaucoup ! Thank you very much for taking the time to post this beautiful and thorough review on Tripadvisor.

We are so glad that you and your fiancee enjoyed your stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris. The satisfaction of our guest is our best reward and we could not be happier while reading that you felt pampered and that all of your expectations were exceeded.
I will pass along your compliments to the team and particularly to Arnaud from the front office. Each of them will be pleased to see they made such a difference in your stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Royal Monceau Paris.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I must say I was very impressed with every aspect of the property. Beautifully decorated by Philippe Starck (without the usual over the top), exceptional service, incredible spa facilities, great rooms (super comfy bed, excellent linen) and even greater bathroom (all mirrored, powerful shower, beautiful tub, Clarins amenities). All public areas are quite impressive and they even have their own art gallery and art concierges, to plan an exclusive art tour through the city according to your interests. Breakfast was the best I've ever tried, with a huge variety of fresh food and Pierre Hermé pastries, served in the most amazing room of the hotel. Sunday brunch is also a must-do, worth spending a few hours sipping champagne and great wines while experimenting chef Laurent André's great food. Out of this world experience even for a not so much fan of the Champs-Elysees area like me. 100% recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cadi C

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your review after your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris. When I shared it with the team this morning , everyone was delighted and wanted to say “ muito obrigado”

We are proud to be “100% recommended” by such an experienced traveler and we are happy to think that if you feel out this world at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris it is simply because you feel at home.

We all look forward to the pleasure of your next visit to Paris.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The staff go out of their way to deliver on all accounts. Hotel is modern, funky & all so cool. Not traditional but nor was Gustave Eiffel's creation, but you learn to love it. What makes you want to stay is staff that smile, are polite & will accommodate your needs. Shall return soon. Excellent!!

• Stayed: July 2012
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Greetings from the city of lights !

We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

We always try our best to make sure each guest have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you, "the staff go out of their way to deliver on all accounts".

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, your Parisian home

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed three nights in this very special hotel. The hotel is full of mirrored surfaces which must be seen to be appreciated. Take a look at some of the attached pictures to get an idea of what is in store for you! Our bedroom was more like a mini apartment and had more than enough space for the three of us. I was a little dissapointed with the view, being onto a courtyard. I'm not really sure that any of the rooms have that good a view though. The bed was the biggest I have ever seen and the mirrored dressing room a neat feature. There were two enormous TV panels, hidden behind mirrors. The designer features did have their problems though in that there were no surfaces to place things in the bathroom and the sinks did not drain well, being flat. Also the toilet flush kept sticking and the microscopic washbasin in the toilet was had nowhere to put the soap. These are all minor niggles and should not put you off though.

The spa and fitness area is one of the best I have come across. There is a nice sized pool, men/women separated sauna, steam room and hamman area as well as a decent weights room and a general room with boxing bag for practicing e.g. karate/kickbox or something more sedate like yoga. There is also a beauty/cosmetics area.

The service in this hotel is fantastic, all of the staff were brilliant. The doormen were friendly and chatty, and the staff in La Cuisine exceptional. We ate in La Cuisine all three nights since it was so good - why go anywhere else? Breakfast is also taken in this restaurant and consisted of a nicely presented buffet and two chefs who prepared omelettes, bacon/egg etc. to order. As one chef said "anything is possible"!

This hotel is not exactly cheap, but quality like this has its price - and this is Paris after all. Finally, the hotel location is pretty good being near the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs d'Elysee - where incidentally a small cup of coffee cost us 10 Euros! Be ready to empty your wallet ;-)!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank karate_boss
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Karate_boss,

Greetings from sunny Paris !

On behalf of the entire team of Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, I would like to thank you for this very special review and the nice pictures.

I am delighted to read that your three night stay in Paris was so pleasant and that you enjoyed the design of our property.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Parisian home.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

When the Four Seasons George V had no availability (I am a loyal four seasons fan!), I was forced to choose another hotel for a recent short stay in Paris. I opted for the Le Royal Monceau. All of the staff were exceptional - friendly and unpretentious. The hotel is modern yet sophisticated, the rooms superbly equipped, comfortable and the beds better than Four Seasons (and I never thought I would say that). The food was exceptional, service top notch and overall, it was a superb experience. I will definitely return, and it might now be my first choice hotel in Paris.

Room Tip: Opt for the largest room that you can as they are relatively small
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KFJL
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear KFJL,

Greetings from the City of Lights !

Thank you for sharing your Superbe post with the community of TripAdvisor after your recent visit to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

I am delighted to read that Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris is now your first choice hotel in Paris. The entire team was sincerely touched by your kind words and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Parisian home.