“Not so good”

Ibis Paris 17 Clichy-Batignolles
Ranked #1,023 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 4, 2014

In my opinion, this hotel is only suitable for business trips. I stayed there for 4 nights with my boyfriend and the experience was not as we expected. We traveled with a group and our hotel was booked by the agency that organized the trip, so we were not able to choose the hotel. There was a construction site right outside it and the noise was extremely annoying, especially in the morning.

The room was terrible, there was no fridge or closet, but instead there was a huge TV placed inside a tall wooden box that was in the way and occupied a big part of the room. There was, indeed, a closet-like thing in the room where you could hang your clothes, but it had no door and it was almost blocked by the useless TV box.

Another thing that really annoyed me was that one day, the cleaning lady forgot to bring us toilet paper. Furthermore, during the last day, we put the "Do not disturb" sign on the door, but the cleaning lady still entered the room.The bathroom and the bed sheets were always clean, but there was an incredible amount of dust under the bed.

On the other hand, the breakfast was really great and delicious, they allowed us to serve it until 12 pm, so this was a plus. We also tried the hotel restaurant, and the food was OK, but not over the top.

All in all, I do not recommend this hotel for families or lovers, but it is OK for a 1-day business trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Isim1
There are newer reviews for Ibis Paris 17 Clichy-Batignolles

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights.
Very small rooms. No fridge in the room but instead we had an useless desk and a hidden closet which was nearly impossible to reach because it was placed behind the TV and the space between them was very, very small.
In the middle of the night I woke up hearing the noise made by the air vents, and in the morning the noise from outside construction site stopped me from sleeping.
The view was awful with a construction site near our window.
The TV connection was HD but every few minutes the image would dissapear for a few seconds. We only watched TV for 2 hours or so.
However besides all these, the hotel was clean (except the dust balls from under the bed. the maid must have forgotten about those for a while).
Breakfast was ok, very classic. The hotel staff was also very nice. WiFi worked up to the top floors inside our room.
The maid also didn't know what the DO NOT DISTURB sign means.
In a few words, a very bad hotel.

1  Thank Leo L
Reviewed January 1, 2014

It was my first time in Paris with my family and friends (we came from Switzerland, and I booked 4 rooms). I had literally an awful time in IBIS. First, When we got to the Hotel my reservation was not prepared the way they told me by email, I still have the email where the lady (NEZHA) assures that my rooms are prepared - 'cause I wanted my three children to be in the room next to my room. But when I arrived there the person at the front desk had no idea about it, there were no rooms organized in that way for us...

Second, the person at the reception told me he would arrange a triple room for my children next to my room(according to what I had booked), but the third bed was not prepared (they needed a key to open the bed). He said that in 10 MINUTES they would have it ready for us (this happened at 12.00 noon)EIGHT HOURS LATER the third bed for my children was not arranged (they had not opened it), so I told the receptionist lady about it, AND I TOLD HER IN A NICE WAY, I DID NOT COMPLAIN at all, just told her that the third bed for my children was not ready. She took the phone and called some one from "maintenance" and after that she told me "DON'T WORRY IN TEN MINUTES YOUR THIRD BED WILL BE READY!"... so we went for dinner and then my wife went back to the room to put the children in their room, expecting to have the third bed ready (it was already 10:00 PM) BUT THE THIRD BED WAS STILL NOT THERE!!!! So since my children were very sleepy, my wife had to bring our third child to the bed in our bedroom... when I got there at 11:00 PM I was so dissapointed not to have the third bed, and went down to the desk... I was trying to explain to the man at the front desk my problem, but he was pushing me to speak faster because there were more ppl in the line waiting to speak with him... NOW, UNTIL THIS TIME I WAS DISSAPOINTED BUT I WAS NOT UP SET... but then I asked to this man in the desk what about the 15 minutes policy, because I had waited already MORE THAN 10 HOURS FOR THE THIRD BED... and then I got really up set with his answer, he lifted up both hands like saying "it's not my problem"... I asked him very harshly WHO IS THE SUPERVISOR and he pointed a black gentleman who was talking with another guest, I asked the recepcionist for the name of the supervisor so I could speak with him and the recepcionist answered me... "he is standing right here!!!" he didn't even want to tell me the name of the supervisor!!!... after that I spoke the supervisor, and he a

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Jorge W
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Good location for seeing the city sights. If you are confident using the metro that is..A short walk to Brochant metro13 or Port de clishy to take a train..
The hotel is clearly sign posted so easy to find..
We got a really good deal for this hotel which is why we selected it. Paris is an expensive city!!!
Clean rooms with comfortable beds. Nice shower in our room. Cleaned every day.
Friendly staff at reception they all spoke English which is always a bonus not a must as some travellers assume. They were helpful with all our requests.. We asked to change room because ours was a little noisy because of very strong winds on the first evening and we were moved to a bigger room on the other side which was much better. We didn't eat in the restaurant or cafe but they always looked busy and happily gave us an ice bag for our champagne and plates and glasses to take to our room.
Horrible towels tho too small and too thin but then I like luxury towels so it just me being a little spoilt..

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Annette M
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Its a clean room and short walk to two stations. It didnt occur to me to ask for a specific room, but definitely i would say insist on a room on a higher floor. I was on the first floor in a front facing room and had my window open all the time. This meant you hear everyone dragging their luggage and the party goers returning with their loud chatter at all times of the night (I sound so old. Sigh.)

Apparantly a higher room somewhere in the hotel has views of the eiffel tower. I would ask for these rooms

3  Thank Ajit5
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights, It was one of the best value hotels we stayed in, in France and Paris in particulate. Nice simple rooms with a view of the Eiffel tower (at least we had one with that view).
A walking distance from the Metro (Brochant station). Lots of little restaurants and bars in the street near by.
If you're planning a low budget trip in France, Ibis are highly recommended. They have the best locations and are pretty cheap.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dman86
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights from 28-30 Nov 2013. I was treated with utter rudeness by this elderly Asian Male staff greeting at the reception of Stadium Dinning Room in this hotel. He muttered under his breath in French on multiple occasions so I could not understand what he was saying but I could tell from the tone that he was deliberately rude to me. I cannot believe this hotel would allow any of their staff to act in such an unprofessional manner. I am disgusted by the way I was treated. I have made a formal complaint to hotel management but so far have not heard any response or apology. Fellow travelers: only consider staying at this hotel if you are extremely short on budget and are happy to be treated as a second class citizen.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo