Fertel Etoile
$715
$679
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsargentine metro stationarc de triomphegrand armeecroissantsminute walkgreat locationcontinental breakfasteiffel towercity breakthree starstay at this hotel againjust round the cornerwell located hotelfresh fruitlovely little hotelquiet side streetwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I went for a conference at the palais congress so location was very convenient tho took some time finding the place as it is situated in a small bylane and even with map in hand can take some searching. Finally had to be guided by the Fertel Maillot staff.
Hotel has a very nondescrpt entrance and one can miss it even if standing right outside the main door! Nothing of anything in the lobby which is made pretty dark at night.
The small room one can get used to, but the weather was hot during the day and the AC did not work from day 1. Daily complaints got it to work for few hrs each time.
Staff was helpful but ineffective as far as complaints went. So had to spend as much time outside where the climate was excellent.

Room Tip: No view of any sort from any room. Skip this hotel if you want a view. All rooms are small and ok for a single person only.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I stayed in the Fertel Etoile for 4 nights at the end of May. We asked for single rooms and were both given 1st floor doubles overlooking the street. The rooms were very comfy and clean and perfect for our needs. If I had been with my husband storage/drawer and wardrobe space could have been a problem. The small niggles of very dim lamp bulbs, feeble hair dryer and uncooperative bath plug were far outweighed by very helpful and friendly staff, cleanliness, lovely fresh breakfast and hotel location. Argentine Metro station just yards away, beautiful patisserie on corner, a comfortable walk to the Arc de Triumph and onto the Champs Élysées. If you're reasonably fit ( we're both pensioners) you can easily walk to the Eiffel Tower from one of the roads off the Arc de Triumph. One place we loved was the Poncelet Market where I visited Brulerie des Ternes to buy fresh coffee beans and found that all the other shops and stalls were amazing with the freshest food ever, this Market is only about a 10 min walk from the hotel and definitely worth a visit.
Would definitely go back to Fertel Etoile.

3  Thank Maus F
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My boyfriend and myself stayed in this hotel over the weekend 20th-23rd of April. The hotel is conveniently located a minutes walk from the metro (stop Argentine) and but a stones throw from the Arc de Triumph and the Champs-Elyeese. After arriving by the Air France bus from Charles de Gaulle to the Arc the hotel was an easy walk with luggage. There is a small shop across from the hotel which we found convenient to buy snacks/drinks for both in the room and the day ahead, as well as a delicious smelling bakery at the top of the road. There was also a take-away/sit in pizza place next to the small shop that we stopped into for a deliciously huge pizza and 2 cans of juice for only 9 euros! The hotel itself, although not the most modern, was perfect for our needs. Our room (407) was large with 2 single beds together and another single bed with plenty of space on top of that, flat screen television and mini fridge. The room looked out onto a courtyard so not much of a view (but hey, most of the time is spent exploring the city!), the windows were slanted (with beams in the room) as I believe we were at the top of a section of the hotel as there was a skylight in the bathroom, meaning the room was always light and airy during the day which was lovely. The room was quiet and we never heard any noise from other guests during our stay (perhaps because we were at the back of the hotel) only the patter of the hitting the windows at night! The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable and there was both a heater and air conditioning that worked well. Overall the room had all the facilities we required for our stay. There was no safe in the room, only at reception but we both left our belongings locked in our travel luggage (passports etc) and neither of us felt any threat from doing so. Staff at reception were always friendly and although we didn't require assistance we felt that the staff would be more than happy to assist any queries. Breakfast again was more than suitable with lovely croissants and baguettes as well as cereals, jams, cheeses etc. and tea/coffee/juice. Staff at breakfast were polite and welcomed us every morning and the breakfast set us up for the day. We both found the hotel an excellent base for our stay and were more than happy to spend time there and would return!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Somuchlove_
Reviewed April 18, 2012

More or less two years and half ago, somebody stole my backpack from the safe of hotel. FROM THE SAFE!!! It could be called UNSAFE!
Until current days nobody there told me nothing about my stuff (my passport, my wife´s passport, a Cannon professional machine, a Sony movie machine, one Apple MacBook Noir, my blackberry, my wallet with three creditcards, my driver licence, headlamp, clothes and the backpack itself).
My reccomendations is: don´t go there! There are no respect for the client and there is no safe in this hotel. Thieves can walk freely there!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank rodrigomw
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during a trip booked to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. The welcome we had from the female receptionist was warm and inviting. Unfortunately the room was not. We stayed in room 603, it was extremely dated and not the luxury we had been looking for. This said perhaps this was the fault of Thomas Cook giving us awful advice, and taking £500 from us for 3 nights in a budget hotel. Not what we were expecting at all. The staff at breakfast were less than polite- we felt like they did not want us there at all, and that we were inconveniencing them. Not one word was spoken by either of them- a simple Bonjour or Hello would have sufficed! To their credit the lift broke on our second day there- and the manager did offer to move us to their other hotel as I am 5 months pregnant. We did however refuse as the hotel was further from the metro. If a budget hotel is what you are looking for, and you don't mind dated and tired decor then go ahead and book-however don't expect home from home or luxury.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple