“If you want peace and quiet, this is not the place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Champerret Elysees

Champerret Elysees
Ranked #573 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“If you want peace and quiet, this is not the place!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having read trip advisor reviews I thought I was going to find a charming little hotel. The little was right with barely enough room to swing a cat and virtually no storage place. The bathroom had no area to put your toiletries. The hotel also has wafer thin walls so if you want to hear your neighbours nocturnal noises, his is a good spot. Also the TV did no work and despite the reticent efforts of the proprietor, it was not resolved. While in Paris one enjoys eating out, the rule about no food in the room is a bit unreasonable. Overall while quaint and clean, it is not an experience I would recommend

Room Tip: Don't stay!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
champerretparis, Responsable commercial at Champerret Elysees, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Paul D
Thanks for your comment on our Hotel Champerret Elysees.
We are very surprised about your not really positive review.The Hotel was renovated in the 2012, all of our rooms are equipped by different storage place, and all are equipped of a wardrobe. About the TV you have a large choice of French and foreign channels including films and Canal + package. All of the bathrooms are equipped with an aerator.
We are sorry if you didn’t have a good stay
Best regards Cynthia and the staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean hotel. Bed comfortable and rooms clean. Bathrooms clean and with a great shower. Didn't have breakfast here but McDonald's is 2 mins away and there was a great small stall selling pastries etc just a minute away. Was only 2 mins from metro which was really useful and made it easy to get to and from hotel. It's nothing special but perfect place if you not spending much time in the hotel and just want somewhere convenient and comfortable to base your stay in Paris.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Harris M
We thank you for your comment to our Hotel Champerret Elysees.
We work day by day to improve and give the best quality service at our guests.
Our location has an easy access facility to metro line 3 porte de champerret, bus and rer C pereire levallois.
Hope to see you spend others nice days in Paris at our Hotel
Best regards Cynthia and the staff
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights. The hotel is very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms were perfect, bed was comfortable and the bathroom seemed to be recently renovated. Wifi was included and worked all through the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Paris and seeing the sights from this location was simple. Great first stay in Paris.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael T
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Champerret Elysees on Saturday 12th - Monday 14th October 2013. Check in was very quick and efficient, the gentleman serving was efficient rather than overly friendly but this didn't bother us. We were on the fourth (top) floor in room 410 which was surprisingly large compared to previous trips we have made with similar budgets in Paris. The first thing I noticed was that as you walk into the room the toilet is directly in front of you, it is separate to the main bathroom and was so small that my 6'3" boyfriend had to sidle down the side of the basin to close the door. Of course, within it being a toilet within a room there was no extractor fan or window to help matters but fortunately this didn't effect us too much. The bathroom consisted of a bath with an AMAZING waterfall shower head and jets. I didn't use the jets as I thought it might punch through the shower curtain but the shower head rain effect was bliss. Top marks for the bathroom. It was also really clean, quite modern and looked like they had really taken care of it. I'm particularly fussy about cleanliness and not wanting to feel like I've stepped into a room someone else has just showered in and this ticked all the right boxes for me.
The TV in the room was a strange set-up that we hadn't seen in a hotel before. You had various options for Facebook/Youtube/"Films & Stars" etc and my boyfriend couldn't actually work out how you just watch the TV. Eventually I found the Home button which did this and there were maybe a handful of English channels, mostly the news.
When we arrived there was a small bottle of water on the desk with two glasses, the water was not replenished after it was used which I thought was a bit tight considering we are paying guests...
Another thing that I felt was rather lacking was that the hotel did not have any kind of information pamphlet in the room. We didn't really know where we were/what was good nearby in terms of food/drinks etc. This is something that in my experience most places offer just to reassure you and offer some excursions.
The only information in the room was a room service menu which said that it served food from 5pm-1:30am (strange times but I guess it works for some?)
Eventually my boyfriend went down to the reception and picked up some leaflets, he also asked a different receptionist for dinner recommendations. Unfortunately the place he recommended was fully booked (we had already explored, found it, gone in and turned away!!)
In terms of breakfast we didn't eat at the hotel as we found 16EUR was a bit pricey. I had read reviews about the Creperie opposite being a good place to eat but we were thoroughly disappointed with the food we were served. My boyfriend had a cheese and ham crepe and I had a Croque Monsieur. Both appeared to have squeezy cheese and barely any meat which was a bit gross. I left most of mine and we didn't return there. In the end we went around the corner to McDonalds for a cup of tea and coffee and departed for the Eiffel Tower to find something tasty.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and I'd be happy to stay there. However, I would ask to be moved if I was put in room 410 again as there is simply no view of Paris at all. You can literally only see a courtyard with old furniture stored in it, someone's TV aerial, a fire escape metal staircase and a bit of sky.

Room Tip: Avoid room 410 as the "view" is of an inner court yard that gets v noisy around 9:30am, li...
2 Thank Katie S
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a 2 night stay at the Champerret. Hotel was reasonably priced considering the location, within 15 mins walking distance to the Champs Elysees and Sacre Coeur. Well placed for Metro and good choice of restaurants and fast food outlets around the hotel. Reception staff were helpful and friendly, rooms are very small but make the best use of space and are immaculate. We would consider staying here again given the price and the location.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here during a 4 day trip to Paris. I was pleasantly surprised by how clean the room was although it was small, however I was expecting that because we were in Paris. The furniture and decor was old/drab, however everything was impeccably clean which is my number one concern when staying in a hotel. The bathroom was brand new with an amazing shower head which provided great water pressure. The toilet was located in a separate stall beside the washroom. The bed was very comfortable and the staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. Location was good with nice restaurants and cafés nearby. Not a touristy location but it's not in the most hip part of Paris either. Overall a good value and comfortable stay. Thank you to the hotel and staff!

Stayed October 2013
Bedford
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Really good location the metro is a 2 min walk and it is a 15 min walk to the Arc. First thing to note was the very friendly welcome we received on arrival. We had a double room which was very clean with a comfortable bed, it was not the biggest room but fine for our 2 night visit.

Breakfast was included on the price and was lovely - fresh fruit, pastries and cold meets. There was also cereals and boiled eggs, toast.

The staff were very helpful with directions and local restaurant recommendations. I would stay here again and recommend it.