Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile
  • Fitness center
$1,776
$1,271
  • Pool
All reviewsarc de triomphemetro stationla defenseminute walkextra pillowsexcellent locationaround the cornersmall hotelhotel is situatedeiffel towershowerstreetmonoprixprivacyliftratespros
Reviewed December 4, 2012

After staying at a Mercure in Nice and being thoroughly underwhelmed I wasn't expecting much of this place. However, after a quick ride on the Metro from Gare de l'est and a one block walk we arrived at a pleasantly surprising hotel. The room was very Euro-standard and had the slightly worn look of the average hotel (NOT shabby - just not like a fresh renovation). Shower was AMAZING (huge rain shower head) except that it was a bit drafty....... And the bed had a Looney Tunes spring noise when you plopped down on it. So somewhere around 4 stars I'd say.

The real advantage of this hotel is the location. Just a stone's throw (i.e. a 5 minute walk) from the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees, this place is in a really quaint neighborhood that feels relatively authentic. Like you're not just tourist # 789,214; like there's actually people that live here. The view from the room was classic Paris as well. So, location gets 5 stars all the way.

The price was also quite reasonable. I booked in advance and got a decent rate (I think somewhere in the neighborhood of EUR 150), and for a good neighborhood in Paris I can't complain. 4 stars on that.

So, there you have it. I would recommend this place if you're looking for a relatively average (but clean and well-kept) hotel in a a great location for a decent price. I would give it 4.5 out of 5, but the goofy/noisy spring in the bed forces me to round down to 4.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
etoile17, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, I wish to thank you for taking the time to post your nice review on TripAdvisor, after your stay at our hotel Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile.

We are very glad to know that you were satisfied with your stay and that you found our hotel well located, it is true that we have a very convenient location, close to the Champs Elysées, in a typical Parisian neighborhood, with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. We also have a very easy access (with the public transportation) to the main attractions of Paris.

We truly regret the spring noise on your bed, our housekeeper and maintenance department will do a check on all our beds. This noise doesn’t come directly from the bed but from the “elevation system”, which brings our beds up, to facilitate our chambermaids work.

Thank you very much, once again, for your nice comments and for recommending our hotel.

We really hope to have the opportunity to see you back at the Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile, in a not very distant future and please don't hesitate to contact us for any future reservations. We will be glad to assist you at any time.

Director

Reviewed November 23, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 11, 2012

After reading reviews of multiple hotels in Paris I nearly given up on the idea of having a decent room for a reasonable price. Luckily I checked the accor site directly and booked from there with a great discount.
The hotel has amazing location (just few minutes from CDG Etoile). The room was very clean and simply yet nicely designed. Also compared to my expectations quite spacious. The only odd part was lighting that changes color, but this could have been turned off.
Overall, I highly recommend this place as a base for exploring the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
etoile17, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are very thankful for your precious feedback posted recently about your stay at our hotel Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile.

We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with your stay and with our rooms that have modern design and are quite spacious. We are also very glad to know that you found our hotel's location “amazing”; indeed we are located in a typical French quarter with a very easy access to the major sightseeing’s of Paris.

Concerning the lighting that changes color, it is the chromotherapy which is supposed to help relax after a long day of work and meetings or of day of visit in Paris.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the hotel Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile, very soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Hotel was not cheap, but it wasn't as expensive as a lot of other Hotels. I booked this Hotel directly. I knew of it through a book by Rick Steves. It was my first time in Paris and my first time traveling Solo Internationally, so you better bet that I was looking for a Hotel that was safe, in a great location, comfortable, and one that had a reception desk. I did bother the reception desk, that speaks in many languages btw, and they were always very helpful. I loved my room, I had a small refrigerator and a balcony. One negative about the balcony door was unlocked my first night. It wasn't until the second night that I find out about this.

There is no actual door to the bathroom, and the bathroom shower floor can get a little slippery. There isn't much space for you to put your things on the countertop, good thing I was traveling solo! At night, you can hear your neighbors as they enter their rooms. Sometimes I could hear my neighbor talking on his cell phone on his balcony, or fixing his clothes on his hanger. Breakfast is 18 Euros, a total rip off. Literally two steps from the hotel any which way, you can get a decent breakfast for 10 euros or less. I eat a lot so 10 euros was my usual cost.

There is a small supermarket right next door, across the street there is a store called Darty, it's like a Best Buy. All around the Hotel is awesome Restaurants and Cafe's. Everywhere you go there is somewhere to go that's worth it.

TO/FROM METRO: When you get out of the hotel, walk to the right towards Avenue de Wagram, walk down to the Arc/ Metro station 'Charles de Gaulle - Étoile' the RER train as well as the regular Metro bus. I mostly used the '1' bus to go everywhere. I only used the RER when I was going to Versailles.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
etoile17, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are very thankful to your precious feedback posted recently about your stay at our hotel Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile.

We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with your stay and that you liked your room and that you found the reception team very helpful. We are also very happy to know that you appreciated our location; indeed we are located in a very nice typical French quarter with many shops and restaurants nearby and with a very easy access to the major sightseeing’s of Paris.

Referring to our breakfast offer, we have two choices; one full buffet breakfast at 18 € and one Express choice at 8 € with a hot drink, fruit juice, bread and French pastries with jam, honey and butter.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back, to the hotel Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile, very soon.